• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Nintendo says Metroid Dread has a game-ending bug and will fix it

seems pretty easy to avoid, good to see a patch coming soon.
patch the credits too while you're at it.

Thankfully I didn't encounter the bug but it's good that they are working on patch to fix. Would suck to get so close to the ending and have a bug prevent you from finishing it.

Less interested in the bug fix and more intriqued by the fact they're open to patching the game period. Interesting possibilities now.

Any spoilers in learning what the bug is?
On the OP link to Nintendo Enthusiast there's a version with and without spoilers, here's the version without:

Nintendo has elaborated without spoilers on where the risk of the game-ending Metroid Dread bug occurs: “Near the end of the game, if the player destroys a door while a map marker for that specific door is displayed on the map, the game will forcibly close and the following message will appear: ‘The software was closed because an error occurred.'”

I think it just means remove your map markers from any doors before doing the ending sequence and you'll be fine.

didnt other m had something similar or am i imagining things

Other M actually had something much worse lol the bug locked you inside a room if you backtracked back a room after a boss or a cutscene iirc, something to that effect where the game hadn't considered you would do such a thing. The actual awful part was that because of the Wii's patch size limitations, you could only get your save fixed by mailing it to Nintendo on a sd card.

Thanks. I’d decided to read it and edited. But does that mean this bug is only about applying a marker to a specific door near the end?
From what I understand yeah that's what the issue is. Personally I did apply a few markers on that area while going for 100% and didn't encounter any bugs so I don't think the entire area is the issue but just that particular door. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Other M actually had something much worse lol the bug locked you inside a room if you backtracked back a room after a boss or a cutscene iirc, something to that effect where the game hadn't considered you would do such a thing. The actual awful part was that because of the Wii's patch size limitations, you could only get your save fixed by mailing it to Nintendo on a sd card.
thats...amazing

The Wii didn't have patch size limitations, it just didn't support patches period. WiiWare updates just redownloaded the whole game.

They could have released a channel to fix the save data like they later did for Skyward Sword, but for some reason they never did it.

The Wii didn't have patch size limitations, it just didn't support patches period. WiiWare updates just redownloaded the whole game.

They could have released a channel to fix the save data like they later did for Skyward Sword, but for some reason they never did it.

Ah interesting, thanks for the clarification! It's been awhile 😅 I had actually passed that part of the game already when bugbwas reported on, so I was just really thankful it didn't happen to me.

Back
Top Bottom