• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Nintendo Makes a Tears of the Kingdom for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. What are they called?

Beansy

Cappy
Pronouns
He
Let's say, hypothetically, Nintendo wasn't remastering Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Let's also say, hypothetically, that Nintendo was instead remaking them. Let's take it a step further and say that these aren't remakes, but half-sequels. We can infer from this that these games would then not be called Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. If all of this is true, then what would these sequels be called?
Games that take place in near identical places, but with a different plot, different dungeons, and new items. Games that take place in their own timeline that include only them and BotW and TotK. Games that include the new lore that was introduced by these two games.

Why would they not include lore and story/be in a different timeline from WW and TP? BOTW and TotK share some lore, but it remains to be seen if they're their own continuity or if they're just part of the main continuity or what.

Also since TotK didn't really deal with the Ancient Sheikah or Calamity Ganon, I wouldn't expect these games to deal with either of WWs or TPs main story elements, so they'd probably be named after whatever the new story focus is.

Well I hope the next step after Tears of the Kingdom is ocean exploration. Call of the Sea? Sea Waker? Valley of the Flood? lol

Phantom Hourglass and Link's Crossbow Training.

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure what I'd do. The whole point of The Wind Waker's ending was that the past is the past, and they're leaving that part of the world behind to carve out a new future. Having a direct sequel in that same part of the ocean would completely undermine the entire point of the game, on top of just erasing both of the actual direct sequels that game already has. As for Twilight Princess... well, damn, you have the entire Twilight Realm as a psuedo-Dark World to work with and I do want to see Midna again. Not sure what story threads you can really work with there though, since you'd have to make an entirely new villain since both Zant and Ganondorf die at the end of that one, so blanking on a name there as well.

Really depends on the story/theme, since that's how they named ToTK

Wind Waker could be Link and the pirates seeking treasure/resources/crew members in preparation to go out in search of new lands, with new islands or underwater sections further from the original map on the way. Maybe the villains could be a rival pirate crew captain stealing treasure so they can take control of the known ocean and to pillage beyond its waters. Heck maybe they have used some sort of mind control magic and rescuing people to be new crew members could be the main progression.

Could be pre-Phantom Hourglass, a retcon or just a new timeline thing.

The legend of Zelda: Terror of the Seas, or Seas of fortune or something Piratey.

What to do with Twilight Princess though? Its mostly wrapped up. It might be nice to see Zant actually be the main villain I guess? I'm not too onboard with the twilight realm coming back, unless it actually twists and changes the map a whole lot unlike the original game and it would feel very repetitive, even if the map had big changes like the dark world, just from a plot perspective, we just did this. I think you would need a completely new theme/goal of the story. I guess for things that link with the original, we have the city in sky...which is a cool vibe, but we kinda just did that as well. Time travel? Maybe, or a light world/past world ala the temple of time? An antagonist from the past, maybe a new light spirit or something that goes to far and wants to erase the twilight realm completely? Could be neat, but Zelda's usually been very black and white with its morality alignment.

The legend of Zelda: Dawn-Break.

It could be simple new plot some years in the future with a new villain and theme completely though. For example, there isn't much reason say the Majora's Mask story couldn't take place in Hyrule (lame as it would be to lose the alternate dimension/characters and new world map).

TOTK and BOTW don't really exist in each others' worlds anyway. Not in the way Spirit Tracks takes place in Phantom Hourglass' world does anyway.

I think I'd go with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight of the Sovereign, and The Legend of Zelda: Call of the Wind.

Alternatively:

Queen's Dawn. Semi-sequel? Why it's Zelda's Coronation! Now we get to see what she's like as a Queen!

SPEED SAIL ADVENTURES. I mean, it fits the naming convention of Wind Waker, it's an important item with an additional meaning, that you will use the speed sail to once again adventure. Includes Four Swords Adventures: High Temperatures as a free side mode. Tetra is a mute now and Ganondorf and the King have been fused into a single character. Also, Link and Tingle's roles have been swapped.

Phantom Hourglass and Link's Crossbow Training.

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure what I'd do. The whole point of The Wind Waker's ending was that the past is the past, and they're leaving that part of the world behind to carve out a new future. Having a direct sequel in that same part of the ocean would completely undermine the entire point of the game, on top of just erasing both of the actual direct sequels that game already has. As for Twilight Princess... well, damn, you have the entire Twilight Realm as a psuedo-Dark World to work with and I do want to see Midna again. Not sure what story threads you can really work with there though, since you'd have to make an entirely new villain since both Zant and Ganondorf die at the end of that one, so blanking on a name there as well.
The reason I use TotK as an example is that it seems to disregard it's prequel. It's only mentioned in like one, maybe two places. These "sequels" would be like alternates, taking the lore of the history explained in TotK as its source of worldbuilding instead of OoT. So you'd still have Outset and Windfall for WW, but the world would differ in many ways, such as entirely new islands being present, old ones being completely different, and other major or minor things they could change.

TOTK and BOTW don't really exist in each others' worlds anyway. Not in the way Spirit Tracks takes place in Phantom Hourglass' world does anyway.

I think I'd go with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight of the Sovereign, and The Legend of Zelda: Call of the Wind.

Alternatively:

Queen's Dawn. Semi-sequel? Why it's Zelda's Coronation! Now we get to see what she's like as a Queen!

SPEED SAIL ADVENTURES. I mean, it fits the naming convention of Wind Waker, it's an important item with an additional meaning, that you will use the speed sail to once again adventure. Includes Four Swords Adventures: High Temperatures as a free side mode. Tetra is a mute now and Ganondorf and the King have been fused into a single character. Also, Link and Tingle's roles have been swapped.
My fantasies post-Tingle's Ripened Rosy Rupeeland will finally come true.

Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword
e6c.jpeg

The reason I use TotK as an example is that it seems to disregard it's prequel. It's only mentioned in like one, maybe two places. These "sequels" would be like alternates, taking the lore of the history explained in TotK as its source of worldbuilding instead of OoT. So you'd still have Outset and Windfall for WW, but the world would differ in many ways, such as entirely new islands being present, old ones being completely different, and other major or minor things they could change.
Uhmmm... Maybe TP Hyrule could be used as the base for a futuristic sci-fi or steampunk take, with some invaders claiming the "dawn" of a new era. "King of Dawn" would be a good counterpart of "Twilight Princess".

As for Wind Waker... Phantom Hourglass itself is already a new take on the same concept. Maaaaybe the game could focus on making the older Hyrule resurface, by making the sea "sleep" ("the Sea Sleeper"). but each island has a weird twist, something unexpected.

they would be titled soemthing entierly different, as that game will have next to nothing to do with whatever game its a sequel to

twilight princess?
whats a twilight

its the call of the bulblins, you uncover an ancient bulblin society that was always there but nobody went 2 feet into a big cave to see it.

Back
Top Bottom