• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Live 2024 TOKYO canceled, Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Championships postponed (UPDATE: Tournaments rescheduled to Apr 13-14)

So no Nintendo Direct?
giphy.gif

Yay! Glad they’re still going ahead with these albeit in a different form. The previous Splatoon shows were fun to watch.

Oh, so that's why they suddenly tweeted out these announcements, now it makes sense why they suddenly appeared!

It is still really sad the show got canceled because of a bunch of lunatics. It was the safe thing to do, but fuck those people.

Glad to see this rescheduled reasonably fast. I know many of the participating players were bummed out.

Apparently there will be no spectators though, which sucks.

Glad to see this rescheduled reasonably fast. I know many of the participating players were bummed out.

Apparently there will be no spectators though, which sucks.
It does suck, but after everything, it's likely easier to reorganize on short notice without spectators.

30 minute performance, which is shorter than previous concerts, but I'm presuming this was what they were going to do at Nintendo Live so it probably wasn't intended to be as big.

• Opened with Tears of the Kingdom main theme, arrangement pretty faithful to the game. The erhuist was given a special mention afterwards by the conductor who then booted him out of his orchestra.
  • Ballad of the Goddess, the arrangement similar to the 25th anniversary CD.
  • Link's Awakening medley, abridged from the 2018 concert focusing on Tal Tal Heights and the climax. Interestingly, the video accompaniment showed both DX and Switch.
  • Zelda's lullaby, the arrangement similar to the 2018 concert 30th anniversary concert.
  • Breath of the Wild main theme with an arrangement closer to the 2018 concert, but without a choral element though the erhuist player was back.
  • Hyrule Castle arrangement similar to the 30th anniversary concert.
  • Breath of the Wild trailer from the 2017 Switch presentation, notably without the choir.
  • Kakariko Village, this time an arrangement I'm not familiar with. This was favourite part, because it was a lovely arrangement and I think it was knew.
  • The Legend of Zelda main theme, arrangement similar to the 25th anniversary CD.

This appears to have been prerecorded as I think I saw fadeouts between pieces indicating editing, though maybe it was stage lighting. No audience as far as I could tell, which made it kind of sad when the conductor and orchestra were doing the usual stage presence stuff, but I guess it is still valid to do it for the viewers. The lighting was very dim, but I think it might have been the same conductor from the 2018 concert.

Definitely not my favourite concert. Being shorter it mostly stuck to tried and true staples so seemed less interesting. The lack of a choir really didn't do the two Breath of the Wild pieces any favours and the abridging of the Link's Awakening medley removed my favourite part, the rendition of Mabe Village. The counterpoint was what I believe to be a brand new arrangement of Kakariko Village, which was excellent.

I need a way to either DL the YT recording, or better an option to buy this on a music streaming service.

direct links to the concerts, they've been re-uploaded to basically every official Nintendo Youtube channel in multiple languages....

A suspect behind the terror threats has been arrested. He is a 27 year old municipal employee of Hitachi City. The police did not disclose his motives.

Back
Top Bottom