• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Live 2024 Sydney announced for August 31st & September 1st

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
Only the details in the below tweet for now, the linked page is only a placeholder.

Nintendo are clearly serious about making Nintendo Live a series of annual international events; in just the past year we've seen the event expand from Japan to the United States, South Korea, Hong Kong and now Australia. Glad they haven't been deterred by the threats the cancelled Tokyo event recieved.

I think it nice and essentially becomes a Nintendo-con so to speak. They do a lot at these events & probably can do more if they really wanted too.

Wonder what it means for Nintendo at Pax Aus? Hopefully they still have a presence there too.. its nice to fill out the calendar with more events.

I better hope that Charles Martinet will be here, because last time Nintendo Live 2024 Tokyo supposed to feature him and it was cancelled.

Knowing the Sydney Ninetndo fans, the Street pass + salmon run + fortress after party would be fun.

And Queensland gets nothing as usual YAAYYY

Mind you, on the 1% chance that anything Switch 2 would even be slightly featured by then, I'd fly there haha.

Nintendo Live Seattle was just a bunch of demos for existing games and some Splatoon/Mario Kart/Smash Bros tournaments, right? Probably more of the same here?

At least for now I feel 80% confident that by next year's Nintendo Live (🤞Toronto🤞) the Switch 2 will be out in the wild on retail shelves and in homes; they won't save the console's grand reveal for a single static location. Back in 2017 Nintendo had global events across North America, Europe and Japan showcasing the console, in fact I was even able to go to one and I lost my very first round of ARMS to some stranger after waking up at 4am to drive downtown and hope I could get in line for a morning slot to experience the console.

Switch 2 going to be revealed in Australia. The new system gimmick is that all the games will be upside down.
And all for the low low price of

F-dFNIGWwAAEAlg.jpg

And all for the low low price of

F-dFNIGWwAAEAlg.jpg

With PS5 already being $800 AUD, we are assuredly seeing a $900 Dollar-adoo console this year.

Switch 2 going to be revealed in Australia. The new system gimmick is that all the games will be upside down.

Real talk tho this is the least compelling time to be doing a Switch focused event for me. I’d have been all over something like this for the first five or so years.

I’ll attend for swag and merch, but I really hope we’re past this Switch successor holding pattern by then. At least then they can start to market it at events like this.

Edit: Worst case it does set a precedent that I have something in person to look forward to in 2025 (at least I hope it’s not a once off).

I can actually attend this but I feel like no one in my friend group would really want to go given the average demographic at these things is probably teenagers at the oldest lol.

Back
Top Bottom