• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Nintendo eShop cards, Switch Online memberships, and upcoming first party games currently unavailable on Amazon.com (US)

JB2448

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
He/Him
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

This isn’t impacting previously released first party games, Switch hardware or accessories, or upcoming third party Switch SKUs, but this is still extremely odd.

This hasn’t happened since the OG 3DS days (and ended once the New Nintendo 3DS XL launched in the US).

Last edited:
Wow, the Amazon links aren’t populating?
That’s messed up.

Let me see if these work and I’ll edit the OP.

I don’t want them to be media links, Fami. I want them to be standard URLs.

Okay, they’re the store pages for eShop cards, Switch Online memberships, Endless Ocean, Paper Mario, and Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD. All of them are listed as unavailable physically and digitally.

That’s fair, but the unavailability of eShop credit and Switch Online memberships is more recent. As of this post, eShop credit is still in the best sellers list for video games on Amazon.

Doesn't seem to be affecting Amazon Canada, but I wonder if it's a matter of time

This is kind of a big deal. Like it or not, Amazon is such a giant thing that if they aren't carrying your products that is going to matter.

This is kind of a big deal. Like it or not, Amazon is such a giant thing that if they aren't carrying your products that is going to matter.

This. Nintendo products have generally performed very well on Amazon too - constantly in their Best Sellers - especially around the Holidays. I hope this is a short “disagreement” and that it gets rectified soon, especially ahead of Q4 and the launch of the next system.

Amazon Mexico is unaffected by this

They actually seem to be the only retailer nationwide carrying Endless Ocean

I'm wondering if they are stopping retail Switch games since even Peach is now $50 and they're doing it to empty their stock

Amazon typically undercuts other retailers, especially with Nintendo games. They're usually the best place to buy Nintendo games if you want at least a small discount. So I wouldn't use price drops as an indication of anything.

Updated the OP with screenshots since Amazon product page links automatically convert into media embeds.
Still no change as of this post.
Also digital ps games are gone as well?
Still seeing Steam codes for PlayStation Studios games, at least.
image.png

Gift cards are working too.
image.png

Back
Top Bottom