• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
for a brand new 2D/3D Donkey Kong game to happen, Nintendo need a development studios, that is willing to make the game, if no one want to work in a new Donkey Kong game, sadly it will mean Donkey Kong will be in a hiatus, until someone want to work with the franchise
I think Donkey Kong is important enough to Nintendo that something will at least be being prototyped somewhere. I also still think it's the number 1 candidate as far as EPD Tokyo's 2D project goes.

what if the namco game is luigi mansion 2 ? nobody ever speculated it but is a 3d action game

People have leaned against that as the job ads seemed to imply they were adding content, but it's possible that

1. This was just a mistranslation
2. This was just poor wording if correctly translated

Don't think we'll see DLC for Pikmin 4 or Mario Wonder. The best time to sell DLC is usually at launch. A surprising amount of studios, not just Nintendo, last year released games with no DLC. If you're not a live service or multiplayer game, it seems like companies are going to the route of either not doing DLC at all or doing big expansions, which sometimes can be sold stand alone. I think the Pikmin and Mario development teams are moving onto their next big projects. Could be wrong of course and it would be a nice surprised but if I had to guess, I say no DLC.
another possible reason, why neither this games got DLC/expansion pass, is due to Switch sucessor, making a DLC for this games, would have kept them busy and unable, to pre-productions the next 2D Mario/Pikmin 5, meaning Nintendo want EPD 10 to begin work on this games as soon as possible.

another possible reason, why neither this games got DLC/expansion pass, is due to Switch sucessor, making a DLC for this games, would have kept them busy and unable, to pre-productions the next 2D Mario/Pikmin 5, meaning Nintendo want EPD 10 to begin work on this games as soon as possible.
Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a Galaxy 2 effect for wonder, where there are so many leftover ideas that they fast tracked a sequel to come out in a year or two

It's kinda surreal watching Sony fans get angry at an insider (Grubb in this case) for "Bad info" while we are just sitting here knowing a direct is coming

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a Galaxy 2 effect for wonder, where there are so many leftover ideas that they fast tracked a sequel to come out in a year or two
Honestly before doing that, they could make a whole game using the mechanics already in Wonder. Game is full of ideas I’d love to see more of.

I’m not one to normally complain about game length but wonder also felt kinda small to me. Hope it was just because it was establishing a new base for 2D Mario (literally SO MUCH new stuff) and that from here on the games’ll get more meaty and have more room to explore their mechanics.

Honestly before doing that, they could make a whole game using the mechanics already in Wonder. Game is full of ideas I’d love to see more of.

I’m not one to normally complain about game length but wonder also felt kinda small to me. Hope it was just because it was establishing a new base for 2D Mario (literally SO MUCH new stuff) and that from here on the games’ll get more meaty and have more room to explore their mechanics.
It did feel small but that’s a feature of pretty much all course based 2d platformers

I can’t think of one that is longer tbh, maybe DKCR

Definitely Mario 3 and SMW were much shorter

It's kinda surreal watching Sony fans get angry at an insider (Grubb in this case) for "Bad info" while we are just sitting here knowing a direct is coming
Nothing against him, but he’s not the best leaker lol, especially for Nintendo. In general I think you can’t too serious when he says something. There definitely should be more doubt than belief.

Nothing against him, but he’s not the best leaker lol, especially for Nintendo. In general I think you can’t too serious when he says something. There definitely should be more doubt than belief.
fwiw the thing they're getting mad at him for is he said there'd be a Playstation event in May and fanboys are replying to everything he tweets asking "when Playstation" even though there's still over a week left in May

Like, it's not even a "Grubb was wrong" thing this time (at least not yet); it's just online weirdos being insufferable

fwiw the thing they're getting mad at him for is he said there'd be a Playstation event in May and fanboys are replying to everything he tweets asking "when Playstation" even though there's still over a week left in May

Like, it's not even a "Grubb was wrong" thing this time (at least not yet); it's just online weirdos being insufferable
I don’t understand why get mad at insiders. I’m not weird like them so I don’t get it lol. If it’s something a little different then so be it and yeah the month isn’t over.

sorry im not up to speed. what's the latest rumors for the next direct?
i see talk of a Bandai Namco remaster and possible 3DSgame?

It looks like Brazil said the two games he knows coming to Switch aren’t coming until after April 2025. Whatever these games are I doubt they’d be announced in June or maybe?…

Nintendo only buys studios for very specific reasons - and I believe Shiver was bought to bring games to the Switch 1 for a few more years.

I know of 2 Nintendo games that will only arrive on the Switch 1 after April/25, and there must be more coming.

The Switch 1 isn't going to die just yet.

Brazil said a 3DS port and a GameCube port are coming to Switch.
I wonder if Tomodachi life is the 3DS game

It looks like Brazil said the two games he knows coming to Switch aren’t coming until after April 2025. Whatever these games are I doubt they’d be announced in June or maybe?…

Probably semi-major 3rd party multiplat ports. That same tweet got posted in relation to the Shiver purchase in the Technical speculation threadd ; though i disagree with the premise. The logic is a bit circular. He knows of Switch games releasing after April 2025 therefore the Shiver purchase was to make sure Nintendo keeps Switch alive for longer. But he only knew of these games because Shiver likely already had those contracts, which would predate the Nintendo purchase.

Nintendo was pretty clear why they bought Shiver, while they may continue to do ports after the curent contracts are done, it's pretty clear they were bought for Switch 2.

People's expectations: Shiver will port PS5/Xbox Series games to Switch 2

Reality: Shiver will port Switch 2 games to Switch 1

Please Nintendo, I bought your 2D Scrimblo Bimblo. I bought both your Scrimblo Bimblo RPGs. Now it's time for you to deliver us more McJRPG Guy games, preferably ones where I can get closer my allies by killing foes while standing next to them on the battlefield and going to tea parties afterwards.

The Switch 1 will get plenty of support after the Switch 2 is already in the market, I'm sure.

people will get antsy, wanting the thing to die like they wanted with the 3DS when the Switch was new, but Nintendo has no reason to cut support that soon. Especially with sales numbers approaching the DS and PS2.

I also don't expect they to cease manufacturing so soon, as they did with the Wii U as soon the Switch arrived.

The Switch 1 will get plenty of support after the Switch 2 is already in the market, I'm sure.

people will get antsy, wanting the thing to die like they wanted with the 3DS when the Switch was new, but Nintendo has no reason to cut support that soon. Especially with sales numbers approaching the DS and PS2.

I also don't expect they to cease manufacturing so soon, as they did with the Wii U as soon the Switch arrived.
Nah it’s not the same. People wanted 3DS to die out of Nintendo Directs when Switch was a thing. It won’t be the same degree with Switch 2 and Switch 1.

Please Nintendo, I bought your 2D Scrimblo Bimblo. I bought both your Scrimblo Bimblo RPGs. Now it's time for you to deliver us more McJRPG Guy games, preferably ones where I can get closer my allies by killing foes while standing next to them on the battlefield and going to tea parties afterwards.
Did you buy the Scrimblo Bimblo SRPG game?
cf6a52d93890df44059d7ba1376beec19155112c7b9cff000ba10eabea0f6ecd

people will get antsy, wanting the thing to die like they wanted with the 3DS when the Switch was new
Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I honestly don't think it'll be as bad as it was with the 3DS. Like, there'll be a token amount of "X should have been a next-gen exclusive, it's being 'held back' by old hardware" complaints from the really hard-core audience like we've seen with a couple games that were cross-gen between PS4/Xbone and PS5/Xbox Series, for sure

But as long as Switch 2 is backwards compatible and can still play all the games that are also coming out on Switch 1, there's not gonna be that "I can't believe this is coming to the old thing I've moved on from and not the shiny new thing I actually want to play my games on" line of thinking. Like, if a 2D Metroid or a Mario&Luigi game comes out for both Switch and Switch 2, that's a much easier/more expected pill to swallow versus, say, Samus Returns or Superstar Sage being playable on 3DS but not Switch

I did and that's not a Scrimblo Bimblo SRPG. It's a Tactical Gentleman's Combat Simulator.
I dunno, it's inspired by western cartoons, took an overly long hiatus and will probably be dead for even longer after the "revival" so I'd say it counts, that describes most Scrimblos.

I doubt that a lot of Switch 2 games will be that tough to port backwards to Switch in the first few years, outside of grander series like Zelda and Xenoblade. That said, I imagine 3D Mario and Mario Kart will be Switch 2 only. Outside of that, I think it's fair game when considering the install base of Switch.

We'll have to see, though. I'm not really sure what to expect.

I doubt that a lot of Switch 2 games will be that tough to port backwards to Switch in the first few years, outside of grander series like Zelda and Xenoblade. That said, I imagine 3D Mario and Mario Kart will be Switch 2 only. Outside of that, I think it's fair game when considering the install base of Switch.

We'll have to see, though. I'm not really sure what to expect.
internally i assume most cross-gen games would be designed to run on both, so I'm not even sure what porting is needed, perhaps some assets/models need to be downgraded but that would be baked into the game design pipeline unless there's an internal Switch 2 only game that suddenly needed to be ported to Switch 1.

Pikachu, Ness, Geno are from Japanese turn-based role playing video games.
Which technically turns them into SwordieBoy McJRPGbros.
(Unless Keldeo, any PKMN that learned Sword Dance or a trainer having an Aegislash on their team counts too)

Translation:

Sorry for the shitty translation, it was done manually, but I believe it's kind of understandable.

I will laugh my ass off if my joke prediction about June 11th ends up being right. Come on Nintendo, don't do this to me, don't make me look like i have knowledge when i'm just making jokes.

Hello

twilight-princess.gif

Okay see y'all at the Direct.

Okabe is back!

Only to leave us hanging.

Literally.

;]

Back
Top Bottom