• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You owe us nothing.

You are a great member of this community and has a great gaming podcast that everyone here likes to listen to. Your (and MVG's) insights and opinions are more valuable than one or two leaks you might have.

Its not a competition, it's about adding to the community and you are always awesome doing that.

Please ignore this kind of user who, on the other hand, adds nothing to the forum.

Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks.

I just find the comments framing things as competition between various accounts/personalities to be disheartening. Cool, good for Geno's 2D Zelda game info being right. Why that accuracy diminishes anyone else is beyond me.

A game with a gimmick that you doubted
Where did I doubt it? I asked a question about the game one time and it was for clarity regarding the claim he made.

Papa Genos is now the most credible leaker. He "predicted" that there would be a new 2D Zelda staring Zelda in the art style of the LA remake. He was spot on. Even Nate didn't believe his info was accurate.

I commented on it once and asked for clarity about the claim.

Before we can even pour dirt over Pyoro's grave, looks like a new dead-eye leaker has already emerged. AdaWong at era leaked "top down LoZ starring Zelda" and Mario & Luigi game down to the "Brotherhood" title.

Looking forward to what this new leaker has for us next Direct cycle!

Nintendo japan site start uploading the first party games

Pyoro now free to leak it

trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

Before we can even pour dirt over Pyoro's grave, looks like a new dead-eye leaker has already emerged. AdaWong at era leaked "top down LoZ starring Zelda" and Mario & Luigi game down to the "Brotherhood" title.

Looking forward to what this new leaker has for us next Direct cycle!
Man these leakers are like weeds, you kill a couple of them and new ones pop up in their place

Seriously. I've no idea where this hateboner came from. When Pyoro had a 100% track record everyone was calling him a god and now everyone is turning on him the moment he got a direct a little bit wrong. Makes this place really look toxic.
lumping it all together as "everyone" calling him a god and then "everyone" turning on him is not right, though. Plenty of us had been trying to avoid Pyoro's style of leaks for a while and haven't been too jazzed about how every speculation thread becomes all about him, hell he's the sole reason Direct Speculation threads started getting split in two when he starts tweeting. There's been debates between people putting him on a pedestal and people really not enjoying that stuff for several Direct cycles now, it's not like everyone was on board and then everyone suddenly flipped. This has been coming to a head for a while.

Also throwing a couple more cents in by saying I am not super jazzed seeing people now trying to put Papa Genos on the pedestal, and even trying to pit him against Nate for some reason?

Insiders are not Pokemon yall, come on.

lumping it all together as "everyone" calling him a god and then "everyone" turning on him is not right, though. Plenty of us had been trying to avoid Pyoro's style of leaks for a while and haven't been too jazzed about how every speculation thread becomes all about him, hell he's the sole reason Direct Speculation threads started getting split in two when he starts tweeting. There's been debates between people putting him on a pedestal and people really not enjoying that stuff for several Direct cycles now, it's not like everyone was on board and then everyone suddenly flipped. This has been coming to a head for a while.

Also throwing a couple more cents in by saying I am not super jazzed seeing people now trying to put Papa Genos on the pedestal, and even trying to pit him against Nate for some reason?

Insiders are not Pokemon yall, come on.
the funny thing is that while people do this there are also people who then attack Nate, Brazil, etc etc of doing it all for attention, clout, money and whatever other cynical reason, right? That ain't a good look. We're having it both ways from a forum perspective.
Are we gonna keep saying this every Direct?
yes.

I am curious as to how Nintendo came to the conclusion that Pyoro was accesing their game pages because i never wouldve thought about that unless what we all suspected was true about the Nintendo World Championship thing being bait to figure him out

the funny thing is that while people do this there are also people who then attack Nate, Brazil, etc etc of doing it all for attention, clout, money and whatever other cynical reason, right? That ain't a good look. We're having it both ways from a forum perspective.
Yeah when Fami started there were conversations about how we wanted to treat any insiders here as members. Other users just like us, who might know some devs or some stuff but who ultimately are just other people. Normal people. I don't understand why at some point it shifted to 1. all sorts of weird aggression towards those who are here and 2. borderline deification of those on fucking twitter.

IMO the only threads that should be dominated by sharing twitter posts are the fanart thread and the thread that's all about mocking Elon.

So what do you think will happen first, Switch 2 reveal or the next general Direct?

I think this might be the only general Direct for this year, they already dated everything, instead of just giving us release months.

Yeah when Fami started there were conversations about how we wanted to treat any insiders here as members. Other users just like us, who might know some devs or some stuff but who ultimately are just other people. Normal people. I don't understand why at some point it shifted to 1. all sorts of weird aggression towards those who are here and 2. borderline deification of those on fucking twitter.

IMO the only threads that should be dominated by sharing twitter posts are the fanart thread and the thread that's all about mocking Elon.
it makes sense for things to shift the more people come here. If anything it shows that we've failed to push the original plan. It's kinda why I speak out for Nate, Brazil and Necro. They try to interact with the community and they don't seem like deceitful pricks. But then there are some people who think they are all on the same level as a Zippo and that's just weird.

Anyways this won't solve anything.

Last edited:
So what do you think will happen first, Switch 2 reveal or the next general Direct?

I think this might be the only general Direct for this year, they already dated everything, instead of just giving us release months.
Switch 2 reveal. The September Direct will be a Partner Showcase. Switch 2 reveal in October, Switch 2 Direct in December (to give launch titles normal marketing windows), release in March.

Thanks.

I just find the comments framing things as competition between various accounts/personalities to be disheartening. Cool, good for Geno's 2D Zelda game info being right. Why that accuracy diminishes anyone else is beyond me.

I made a post about it the other day, but I just wanted to echo how much I loved my usual routine of listening to your predictions show the day before.

Leaks may have gotten some eyes on you, but you and MVGs personality and candor are what has people stay. You are both a joy to listen to and help make the journey fun for us all. Thank you.

Please refrain from namecalling and antagonizing other members. - Phendrift, Lord Azrael, meatbag, Zellia, IsisStormDragon
it makes sense for things to shift the more people come here. If anything it shows that we've failed to push the original plan. It's kinda why I speak out for Nate, Brazil and Necro. They try to interact with the community and they don't seem like deceitful pricks. But then there are some people who think they are all on the same level as a Zippo and that's just weird.
Brazil is a good guy

Nate can be annoying but he does get a lot right

No comment on Necro

None of those 3 however are similar to Z dawg

I am curious as to how Nintendo came to the conclusion that Pyoro was accesing their game pages because i never wouldve thought about that unless what we all suspected was true about the Nintendo World Championship thing being bait to figure him out
I’m pretty sure @Raccoon guessed it immediately after he didn’t leak Peach and LM2 pre announcement and they were the games without an eShop page from the Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom