• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hell yeah. Can't wait to see what will be showcased. I have absolutely no expectations for what this will contain, so no matter what this will probably be fine in my book.

Now that the crumb bum and jabroni shows are out of the way (I AM KIDDING) time for the main event....

I am thoroughly excited to see what gets shown and to salute the Switch one last time...

ijflTnF.gif

Was this ever a thing ? Unless 6pm is considered night time ? Cause E3 directs were always at 6pm in Europe and those featured PEGI 18 games.
I do distinctly remember there were some Directs in the past that aired at around 11PM CET and heard these were timed specifically to work around laws where you can only show content like this after 10PM.

So sometimes a poll is just a poll… until it isn’t 😂

I’m eagerly awaiting a new NTH episode today 🤞

My expectations are pretty simple:

• Fire Emblem 4 to 7 remake
  • All GameCube Zelda’s Switch port (including HD remake of the Collectors Edition and Four Swords Adventure)
  • Donkey Kong HD ports and new mainline Donkey Kong announcement
  • Star Fox Assault remake with online multiplayer and an all new 12h campaign by Platinum Games
  • Metroid Prime 4 release date AND Metroid Prime 5 announcement
  • New 3D Mario by the core Mario team launching exclusively to the Switch
  • Ports of all Pokémon games from GB to 3DS to Nintendo Switch Online with full compatibility with Pokémon Home
  • Kid Icarus game by Sakurai
  • Animal Crossing DLC roadmap - 5 years of monthly releases
  • A new Excitebike game

Overall I’m pretty confident all of these will be announced tomorrow

If MP4 shows up, does it end the direct? Or will it be featured mid direct since we've known about it since checks notes June 13th 2017?
Finisher and it'll be a 2025 title.

The summer direct is always in the middle of the day for European times. Didn't stop the likes of the batman trilogy bring shown last year

Guess they must've chilled out about this then. Or I was under some mistaken impression.

Got a scoop on a game that will be there:
image.png
Trauma Center spinoff?

—————

I know them mentioning that the successor won’t be here doesn’t mean anything, but I wonder if a reveal is imminent. Maybe reveal trailer the week of their meeting. They can use the successor for that or Zelda movie update

I'm gonna be a bit anal here and say that "focus on" can also mean "the main bulk of the games we show will come out in 2024 but there might be a title or two that will arrive at a later date".
I'm gonna be a bit anal here and say that "focus on" can also mean "the main bulk of the games we show will come out in 2024 but there might be a title or two that will arrive at a later date".
You're totally right though.

Just seeing them say " There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation" gets me so hyped because it means that last month wasnt a fever dream and that the Switch 2 is real
I know they won't do it but I so bad just want some small tiny tease at the end for the Switch 2...anything. It'd be awesome lol.

Prime 4 and (new!) 2D Zelda would be sweet.

Left field fanfic: standalone DLC for Tears of the Kingdom feat. Zelda's adventures in the past 😏.

I will be on the road when the direct starts. And probably will be home around the time when the direct is almost over. I almost miss the covid times when I could watch the directs whenever I wanted. Or E3 directs that where always on during dinner time for me.

In terms of what I want:

LIKELY: Metroid Prime 4

MAYBE: Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem 4 remake <3

LOL KEEP DREAMING: Xenoblade Chronicles X port, though I'd also prefer if this were saved for the successor.

The Direct it Lives Among Us

Primed and Ready for some truly beyond good legend of chronicles

Last edited:
In terms of what I want:

LIKELY: Metroid Prime 4

MAYBE: Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem 4 remake <3

LOL KEEP DREAMING: Xenoblade Chronicles X port, though I'd also prefer if this were saved for the successor.

I think you got those games mixed up, especially the one in the "Likely" category. ;]

Back
Top Bottom