• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The FE4 infos are from the same people that were spot on with Engage, among them Nate.

I doubt it's fake / doesn't exist, but i would love to know what's the deal with it.
The dying optimist in me is hoping that maybe they're upscaling or expanding it for a Switch 2 release. The pragmatic in me is thinking that they're doing what they did for SoV (and FEW 1) and using the game as a bridge between systems. The pessimist in me has no theories, just despair.

As an aside, does anyone know if there's any actual romance in Romancing SaGa 2? I may check that out, but I'd also like a game that spans generations and has "romancing" in the title to actually contain some romance.

Happy MP4 is alive, and that it seems to mostly take queues from 1 instead of 3. The maps and world seem to have bigger vistas.

At the same time:
I thought it looked worse them remaster (expected if areas are bigger and more is visible) and somewhat stiff at moments, + why stylux ... Generic ass villain.

Hope for a switch2 version that cleans that up more ...
I personally wouldn't worry too much. It's not coming out until next year, and at this point all signs are pointing to cross-gen. Plenty of time to continue polish in addition to any Successor bells and whistles.

Direct of the Generation. Perhaps even the DOAT. Shit I was ready to call it one of the best before Prime Time.

I teared up when the choir came in

I'm not even that into Prime yet the trailer was exactly what I wanted

IMG_5221.jpeg

Lordy

I've calmed down a bit now, but this was almost E3 2019-tier. I'm reeling with emotion.

The "exhaust pipe year" people (including me) eating good crow now.

yall I'm dizzy

did we just witness one of the best Directs of the Switch era?

while everyone was saying it'd be filler shit because the Switch is winding down?

jesus christ

Very RPG heavy... which is all right for me!

There was a lot of stuff that I don't think anyone was genuinely expecting and while I find the lack of FE4 remake weird and MP4 being in 2025 disappointing, this was still a pretty satisfying Direct considering is the last proper Switch one.

The FE4 infos are from the same people that were spot on with Engage, among them Nate.

I doubt it's fake / doesn't exist, but i would love to know what's the deal with it.
It would be funny if Prime 4 ends up being a Switch 1 only game, and Fire Emblem 4 ends up being the cross gen title.

My biggest questions right now: Who the hell is developing that new Mario&Luigi game? And where is that FE4 Remake? :LOL:

I teared up when the choir came in

I'm not even that into Prime yet the trailer was exactly what I wanted
When Samus rose out of her ship, I got goosebumps in anticipation of Samus Aran’s Appearance Fanfare. Then it played and i can’t even describe the feeling my insides exploded with.

Mario Party will sell >10 million copies almost assuredly
Yeah, for some reason Mario Party completely skipped my mind and I was thinking mostly of DKC, Zelda and Mario&Luigi.
Even so, this late into the gen I'm not 100% convinced it will pass 10 million, but in a worst case scenario it will still be close.
As for the rest I think they'll obviously sell well (I hope), but probably not >5 million (which is what I personally consider a big hitter).

Nintendo delivered a better presentation in year 8 of the Switch than Sony did for PlayStation 5 in its prime years.

Nintendo also have better software out from now until early 2025 than what was shown for Xbox for that same window.

Great work Nintendo. Switch definitely isn’t limping over the finish line.

I know this thread title says "no spoilers" but I got a spoiler for yall

the direct was good

You know, there's nothing better than listening to 80s music coming from a Direct of this quality.

And you know the best thing? Tomorrow there's an onslaught of Reaction videos on YouTube, my one guilty pleasure.

Highlights, in no order:

NSO Additions - man that's a solid collection of games, and all dropped today!
Mario & Luigi - New game, I didnt see that coming. Cool
Zelda - I was somewhat expecting Grezzo to release a new zelda.. but it still felt a bit unreal to see it =)
Fantasian - Excited to check this out, heard nothing but praise.
Dragon Quest 3- A Date, at long last! Looking great
Dragon quest 1&2 - A Shame it was leaked, would have been a pretty great surprise otherwise
Metroid Prime 4 - yep, can not have a list without mentioning Prime 4
Donkey Kong - a bit weirded out by the january release date but havnt played it since 2011 or so, so It'll be fun to dive back in

Like the only thing I was certain of showing up didnt,
Where's that Beyond Good and Evil HD date? :>

Prime Time!! Yes!!!! Looks great, sounds astonishing and it’s not reinventing the wheel just a brand new Metroid prime game. Let’s Fucking Go!!

If I had to find something to complain about after this direct, Nintendo has a 3 month drought between Luigi's Mansion 2 and Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom.

Unless I'm missing something, the only other think Nintendo has lined up for this summer is the Switch Sports update.

If I had to find something to complain about after this direct, Nintendo has a 3 month drought between Luigi's Mansion 2 and Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom.

Unless I'm missing something, the only other think Nintendo has lined up for this summer is the Switch Sports update.
uh excuse me but Nintendo World Championship is coming out in July! How dare you forget that?!

** BINGO SUMMARY **

Alright, the Bingo cards are dropping in, and the Direct is less than 24h away.
I'll be using this post to summarize all Bingo cards posted so far. May the most hype one win!

Mandos

Mandos.jpg

9-Volt

9-volt.png

Apenknul

Apenknul.png

aMarioFan64

a-Mario-Fan64.webp

Irene

binge2.png

Josh5890

Josh5890.png

freedomseekr

freedomseekr.png

xandelucas

xandelucas.jpg

NantenJex

Nanten-Jex.jpg

quelseydilla

quelseydilla.png

Rychu_Supadude

Rychy-Supadude.png

buildz

buildz.png

the_marmolade

the-marmolade.png

Keep 'em coming! Gonna be fun to compare results later.

Congrats to @Mandos for winning the bingo with one row of Mario, NSO, the free row, Donkey Kong and Metroid!

Ninty had a great opportunity to troll us with the announcement if they wrote "games coming in the second half of 2024... and beyond"

Back
Top Bottom