• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

NSO Nintendo decides to explicitly say "fuck you" to NSO subscribers (FIFA Legacy Edition Latest NSO Trial)

I always thought “fuck you” was a bad meme but this barely even applies here. You could say it’s a wasted spot of a NSO trial but it’s still a popular game, it makes even more sense for people to play it without paying any more. If anything it should always be free for NSO subs

Hahahaha this is amazing. Incredible troll move. Imagine someone not knowing that FIFA 23 is the exact same game.
Horrificaly Bad is way too much exaggeration.
Is the game the same thing as 2019? Yes
Does it deserve to be criticized? Yes
Is the game itself bad? No
It's an ok version of FIFA, it lacks content parity with other platforms but for most of the public it's ok.

It's basically FIFA 14 for the PS3 with a roster patch, so an "OK version of FIFA" that is 10 years old being sold for 40€ is pretty insulting tbh.

Unfounded nerd rage.

Yeah, it’s a low effort title but then doesn’t that make it a good thing that people can try it for free rather than potentially waste money on it?
lol. Exactly!

If anything I feel like people will try this and realize that it's shit and then not buy it.

Hahahaha this is amazing. Incredible troll move. Imagine someone not knowing that FIFA 23 is the exact same game.

It's basically FIFA 14 for the PS3 with a roster patch, so an "OK version of FIFA" that is 10 years old being sold for 40€ is pretty insulting tbh.
You are wrong.
FIFA only started using Frostbite in 17, meaning the Legacy Edition is the same thing in theory as 16, although it is much closer to the PS4/XOne version than the PS3/360 as demonstrated by Digital Foundry's analysis. The game even received some graphics and gameplay improvements in version 19 compared to 18 (that's why it's only called Legacy from 20 onwards).
Is it still a stupid strategy and stupid pricing? YES
Is the game bad? NO
Mind you FIFA has changed very little in the last 10 years, some find Ignite's physics even better than Frostbite for gameplay purposes.
People have to stop thinking that something is bad as a Product, so that it is a piece of poop that is useless.

More like F*ck FIFA for destroying this once amazing sport
Does this only apply to legacy version or fifa in general? If the latter is pretty bad that we used to have two decent soccer games and now we have none.

Aren’t the Switch versions selling “better“ than the Xbox in a majority of countries world wide?

Seems like a good way for EA to make a good buck with very cheap stat changes

God EA's treatment of FIFA on Switch is so infuriating. They put out the bare minimum, and if it doesn't sell it's 'well we tried, guess the market isn't there', and if it does sell it's 'well no need to make it better, just shove out the bare minimum for next year, they'll buy it anyway'

Switch really needs a good football game, such a shame the new Mario Strikers didn't scratch that itch.

Aren’t the Switch versions selling “better“ than the Xbox in a majority of countries world wide?

Seems like a good way for EA to make a good buck with very cheap stat changes
Yeah, it's very popular here in Mexico, and very cheap too in switch (right now you can get like at 25 - 28 USD) in comparison with the other consoles (30-40 USD depending on next gen or not). It's not even a contest for parents and more casual gamers to buy the swith version

I mean sure, the Switch ports of these games could be a ton better but I guess what is the harm in putting this trial on NSO? It's free. It gives someone a chance to try it out. Maybe they like it and want to play more. Maybe the trial weekend is enough to give them their fill. Or maybe they determine that they shouldn't buy the game. But other than losing time, there's no downside to the user.

hqdefault.jpg

Unprecedented Partnership!

I mean sure, the Switch ports of these games could be a ton better but I guess what is the harm in putting this trial on NSO? It's free. It gives someone a chance to try it out. Maybe they like it and want to play more. Maybe the trial weekend is enough to give them their fill. Or maybe they determine that they shouldn't buy the game. But other than losing time, there's no downside to the user.
Problem here is, I think, Nintendo is giving EA money to do that. Money that EA doesn't deserve.

Looking at EA's current philosophy I think the blame here lies with the individual studios rather than EA management. EA is not standing in the way of studios who want to bring their games to Switch, so obviously, whoever here making FIFA games, don't want to touch Switch at all. And EA fails to find a studio to do that job.

Best possible solution to the problem is Nintendo working with EA to find a Switch specific studio to bring FIFA up to modern standards each year. That could be a big job depending how powerful the upcoming Switch successor is. But the games sell more than enough to warrant a whole studio that's specialized in this.

Problem here is, I think, Nintendo is giving EA money to do that. Money that EA doesn't deserve.
I'm not sure about it. Being in a Game Trials basically means that you get a big advertising for "free". It usually comes with discount for the full game in the Nintendo eShop.

I don't think that Nintendo is giving money to any publisher to do it, it's more something like a mutually beneficial deal.

Back
Top Bottom