• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News "Nintendo apparently not allowing Walmart and Amazon sell physical version pre-orders of games online"

Is Nintendo really so hated now that people reflexively side with freaking Amazon and Walmart over them?
I don't think it's hate so much as it is "because Nintendo" brought to the logical conclusion of "if something Nintendo is involved with in any way hits a rough patch, then it's because Nintendo did something weird or dumb to get in its own way."

In this case, we don't know exactly why NOA is having a spat with Amazon or Walmart, but it's probably Nintendo doing weird Nintendo shit. Obviously.

Last edited:
I don't think it's hate so much as it is "because Nintendo" brought to the logical conclusion of "if something Nintendo is involved with in any way hits a rough patch, then it's because Nintendo did something weird or dumb to get in its own way."

In this case, we don't know exactly why NOA is having a spat with Amazon or Walmart, but it's probably Nintendo doing weird Nintendo shit.
I think that they are sick of Walmart and Amazon leaking their games weeks/days before release.

I will continue getting my games on day of release from the one retailer who 100% reliably delivers the games the exact moment they’re available

the Nintendo eShop baybeeeeee
Not 100% - Nintendo eShop did not get digital copies of Ring Fit Adventure nor Nintendo Labo software.

For closer to 100%, I believe the only answer is the My Nintendo Store, wherein games otherwise retailer exclusive were at least available digitally.

Unfortunately, due to the existence of limited run, physical only games like Heaven's Machine, there actually never has been a storefront that's 100%

🤓

And that totally blows, Nintendo should have a policy against selling games without providing a digital option unless it requires a packed in accessory like Nintendo Labo. These releases don't "preserve" physical games, they're nothing but marketing stunts limiting the availability of certain games. That's not good for preservation.

I am aware. It's still kind of a big deal. There are people that live in rural places where going to a local Walmart or Target is too inconvenient or even impossible. It it a huge amount of people? Not really. But it's more than just a few.
They could order from Target, Best Buy or Gamestop online right? I don't think this is a big deal for this demographic. Especially since other retailers are online.

That’s it Nintendo! This is the last straw!! I will no longer be supporting you as a business because of your SICK BUSINESS PRACTICES and UNETHICAL DECISION MAKING!! Now that I am voting with my wallet, the tides have turned on you, Mr. Miyamoto! The fun and games END HERE; I’m taking my business to GOOD COMPANIES LIKE SONY AND M*CROSOFT!!

In conclusion FRICK YOU NINTNEDO!

If I recall, there was some dispute many years ago (2013) between Nintendo and Amazon that led to Amazon no longer selling Nintendo hardware, and I thought it was related to Amazon's returns policy, but I am having trouble finding any information confirming that, so maybe it was speculation at the time.

If it's not how returns are handled, then it could be how third-party sellers are represented on the site and concerns about scalping.

Just theorizing.

Do we know where the original leaked copy of TOTK came from? If it was here in the US, I wonder if it has anything to do with that as its the catalyst to go scorched Earth on Yuzu.

I'm probably way off the mark though lol, just wild speculation.

If I recall, there was some dispute many years ago (2013) between Nintendo and Amazon that led to Amazon no longer selling Nintendo hardware, and I thought it was related to Amazon's returns policy, but I am having trouble finding any information confirming that, so maybe it was speculation at the time.

If it's not how returns are handled, then it could be how third-party sellers are represented on the site and concerns about scalping.

Just theorizing.

It was 2012, and Reggie confirmed directly in an interview with Kotaku that only resellers were selling hardware, but they never said it was about returns (but it kinda makes sense)

Back
Top Bottom