• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Announces Plans for Official Store in San Francisco

Well I'm not very far away from San Francisco but the problem is I don't want to drive there. I'm not used to driving in big cities like that.
I remember San Francisco being really neat to drive through at like 6-7am on a Sunday when it's still relatively empty. It's a gorgeous city to cruise around but when people and other cars start waking up and circulating it becomes an anxiety trigger like nothing else.

Granted that was years ago. I dunno if there are still empty-road times in San Fran anymore. Plus I dunno what time the new store will be opening so driving there in off-hours might not work anyway 😅

I remember San Francisco being really neat to drive through at like 6-7am on a Sunday when it's still relatively empty. It's a gorgeous city to cruise around but when people and other cars start waking up and circulating it becomes an anxiety trigger like nothing else.

Granted that was years ago. I dunno if there are still empty-road times in San Fran anymore. Plus I dunno what time the new store will be opening so driving there in off-hours might not work anyway 😅
That sounds nice. I love driving late at night when there's no one else on the road. It's really peaceful.

That sounds nice. I love driving late at night when there's no one else on the road. It's really peaceful.
Same here. I drove to San Diego to see a friend years ago and because of LA traffic I got there way later than I meant to, but by the time I got there it was past midnight so the SD traffic had gone and it was just me on big empty freeways lit by the old warm yellow lamps with the city skyline surrounding me. Was absolutely incredible. I love stuff like that.

every month im reminded nintendo stores exist and i can just drive to new york. but why would i ever want to go to new york?

Booo, how about you open one in Europe? ... Germany for example?!
As a Dutchie I wanted to respond to bring all the cool stuff to the NL, but then I remembered that Nintendo is pretty huge in Germany, so that would make sense yeah.

Personally, I'm stil surprised Nintendo only has Nintendo New York. It's been five years since I visited the NY one, it was surprising how chill the vibe in the store was. From a merchandising point of view, I think Nintendo didn't reach its full potential back then, (I still love my Hylian cushion though), what I did like was the people working at the store back then. I know American customer care is different compared to EU ones, but they were more geniuine than I expected. If they can get that vibe in the San Francisco store, people will keep visiting. And ofcourse, the fantastic soundtracks playing in the backgrounds.

And free advice; import some stuff from Japan. The Tokyo and Osaka stores had some cool stuff apart from plushies and clothing.

Back
Top Bottom