• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News New "Super Mario Run" event brings the Wonder Flowers from "Super Mario Bros. Wonder" to the game for a limited time

mazi

picross pundit

Z4JGmK0.jpg

the icon has also been changed:
DYUZjxt.png

Last edited:
All sorts of wonderous things can happen. Except it's always the same according tot the video...

yeah it's not really changing the gameplay like they do in wonder, it's more of a cosmetic change to promote the new game i guess. it's still fun getting the stamps, i'm almost done.

I’m sad that Super Mario run failed. Even if I have to make mobile games, which has always been a bad idea for Nintendo, I prefer a model that gives value to the game a thousand times over micro-transactions or pay-to-win shit like they did with Mario kart tour.

months after wonder, run not updated in forever... this is a nintendo move!

(makes sense from an advertising sense though, I'm sure this will get them App Store News promo and listing during the holiday)

For real though Mario Run is a great game. Would be nice to see a port, even for such a vertical screen based mobile game, just for posterity’s sakes.

I’m sad that Super Mario run failed. Even if I have to make mobile games, which has always been a bad idea for Nintendo, I prefer a model that gives value to the game a thousand times over micro-transactions or pay-to-win shit like they did with Mario kart tour.
The way people are so unwilling to spend $10 on a decent mobile game but are “fine” with much higher game prices on other platforms really reflects how strong the FTP/gatcha model’s influence is in the mobile market. IMO, it’s a shame.

The way people are so unwilling to spend $10 on a decent mobile game but are “fine” with much higher game prices on other platforms really reflects how strong the FTP/gatcha model’s influence is in the mobile market. IMO, it’s a shame.
Exactly. Not to mention the fact that when you pay Mario Run. you know why you pay. You value the work of the people who developed the game. Pay to win does not buy something that has value, it makes value from a provoked addiction, which targets vulnerable audiences like the youngest.

Actually I still haven’t recovered from the fact that Nintendo is compromising itself in this absolutely crappy gatcha business.

All this to please uninformed shareholders unable to see beyond their noses, who only see the revenues of the mobile market without understanding anything about the company in which they are shareholders and without worrying about the fact that damaging its image and philosophy is the best way to murder absolutely all its value in the long term.

This is like a cursed alternate timeline of what Wonder could have been if they didn't let it cook and give us that gorgeous new art style

hilariously misses the point being the same wonder (?) every time too

Quoted by: Tye
Man playing Mario Run again was such a fun experience. Also the features to turn off the in-game music and play your own songs (essentially making a remix playthrough) is very underrated!

This is like a cursed alternate timeline of what Wonder could have been if they didn't let it cook and give us that gorgeous new art style

hilariously misses the point being the same wonder (?) every time too
It’s probably just so limited because the game’s not in active development anymore so all they could really do for this event is swap some assets around, and it shows, lol.

Back
Top Bottom