• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News New PAC-Man Game to be announced at New York Comic-Con

Pac-man Roller and Slider sound like toys more than video games. Superfast could be a bigger thing though.

What I really want is World 2 remake. World RePac sold well enough to warrant the sequel so I think it's matter of time.

Really hoping we see the return of the titular "Pal" from Pac and Pal

images

True dot-gobblers will agree with this one

Pac-man Roller and Slider sound like toys more than video games. Superfast could be a bigger thing though.

What I really want is World 2 remake. World RePac sold well enough to warrant the sequel so I think it's matter of time.
That's what I immediately thought, world 2 remake. Would be a day 1 buy.

practically all of the trademarked names (even "Superfast") sound like mobile titles, which seems like a fairly low-key thing to reveal at an event like this.

at the very least, superfast does at least seem like an obscure reference to the unofficial "speed chips" that were created for Ms. Pac-Man. which is a neat detail.
SpeedUpChip.jpg

practically all of the trademarked names (even "Superfast") sound like mobile titles, which seems like a fairly low-key thing to reveal at an event like this.
The site says that the game will be playable at the event, so I would think it will be on PC or console in some capacity

Mobile games get demoed on show floors all the time lol
This isn't a trade show, it's a big pop-up thing that's open to the public that they got a room for with special projectors. Would be weird to use that to demo a mobile game

pac-man-roller-cab-image-1.png

Pac-Man Roller already exists and it's one of those Skee Ball arcade games.
Pac-Man Slider is trademarked under the same class and also has an almost identical logo, so it's most likely an arcade game as well.

mark.png

Pac-Man Superfast is definitely a video game, the question is what type? I personally find it very curious that it will be announced the same week Pac-Man 99 is delisted and I think it will actually have a similar Battle Royale style gameplay - if not for the main game, at least as a side mode.

Pac-Man Superfast is definitely a video game, the question is what type? I personally find it very curious that it will be announced the same week Pac-Man 99 is delisted and I think it will actually have a similar Battle Royale style gameplay - if not for the main game, at least as a side mode.
I hope it whatever it is has local multiplayer.

It looks like a sequel to the BR they had on Stadia. Pac-Man 99 works like the other 99 games, not like this

It looks like a sequel to the BR they had on Stadia. Pac-Man 99 works like the other 99 games, not like this

Yeah this is what I was thinking of too.

I'll get this, I still hope for some kind of local 4-player even though it wasn't mentioned. They could fit 4 mazes on screen I reckon.

images

I've only known about her since this morning, and I already want to cherish and protect her. (Honestly know very little about the Pac outside of the OG arcade game, Ms. Pac-Man, and the World titles. I should remedy that.)

A new Pac-Man game is good. Saving a former Stadia game from a sorrowful grave is even better. I'm curious to try this one out, even if I don't personally stick with multiplayer games like this.

images

It would be nice to see this character in a fun Pac-Man maze game for once.

Well, that makes sense of why 99 was shut down.

I really don't like the art style on this unfortunately. Maybe I'll warm up to it.

Back
Top Bottom