• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

NSO New NSO Games: NES - The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Devil World. GameBoy - Castlevania Legends - Out Now

I'm happy that both Murasame Castle and Devil World are finally getting some love! One trapped in the 3DS Virtual Console and the other never had the chance to even be rereleased in North America!

With that, (besides the games that require R.O.B. or the Zapper) we're still due to some weird NES omissions like Golf, Urban Champion, Mach Rider, StatTropics II, Fire Emblem Gaiden and the FDS visual novels like Shin Onigashima and Famicom Detective Club; .. I'd say Yoshi's Cookie too, but who knows if Nintendo wants to untangle that copyright mystery after GoldenEye..

I started playing Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on N64 via emulation (and the emulation is far from perfect) and it is loads of fun. Also learned that you can manually move the camera (IIRC it's R and the dPad, but I could be wrong).

The game is so fun and seeing Impact's goofy face always, ALWAYS makes me laugh. I love how insane this game is.

I never expected to see an arguement about which game deserves the suck trophy in this thread but it is amusing.

(Referring to Castlvania Adventure vs Legends arguement.)

Title's wrong, it's not Castlevania the Adventure that got added; it's Castlevania Legends, which I'm pretty sure is actually the one GB Castlevania game that wasn't in their Castlevania Anniversary collection.

That said though, the Genesis app launched with Bloodlines, and that is in the collection. It also has Contra Hard Corps, which was in the Contra Anniversary collection.
Genesis App launching with bloodlines is probably because the increased cost of the expansion pack allows Nintendo to pay more licensing fees for third party titles, especially for a console that never had any Nintendo first party games. It’s why it’s possible Nintendo might get the N64 castlevania onto NSO.

Neat additions. Murasame interests me the most. I'm glad NA finally has Devil World. It's not one of my favourite maze chase games but it's worth playing.

So i just played through Castlevania Legends and I thought it was ... fine? The way some people in this thread were talking about it, I was expecting a lot worse.

Like, don't get me wrong, it's no masterpiece. And I can get why at the time it would have gotten a poor reception; in 1998, I'd have felt kind of burned if I bought a full price Gameboy game and got that. But in the context of "it's on a subscription service and save states are a thing", I thought it was a fun enough way to spend an hour and a half on Halloween. TBH I think it's brevity is something in its favor; some of the older Castlevanias are doing a lot of the same 8-bit bullshit as this game and (imo) kinda overstay their welcome, but Legends didn't really last long enough for me to get too annoyed by things that definitely would have worn me down in a longer game.

Back
Top Bottom