• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic New Forum, New Lost Kingdoms Appreciation and Begging for Sequel Thread.

ProteusRidley

Famiboards one and only Lost Kingdoms simp
Remember Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2? Of course you don't. It's only From Softwares best titles that they have ever developed. That's right sit down Elden Ring and Armored Core, you've had your time in the sun and I won't stand for it much longer.

Bring back my ARPG Deck Building game From.

Buncha cowards if you ask me.

90917-lost-kingdoms-ii-gamecube-screenshot-attacking-with-some-ghost.png

Give me Lost Kingdoms III or go to hell!

FromSoft making a Nintendo exclusive is something I didn't knew about ngl lol
Gamecube era were wild times, I'd love for Nintendo to push for more games like this from 3rd parties :(

(i will put it on my backlog list to try it someday)

I have fond memories of the first game and Lost Kingdoms II was great. Surprised they haven’t taken another stab at them even with just an HD collection, but From is a very different company these days.

I support this motion. Give me an HD remaster of 1 and 2 as well, while you are at it.

Lost Kingdoms II was an amazing game, I played the hell out of it.

I would love to see a revival or at the very least a remaster.

I remember 1, never played 2. Concept is interesting enough I'd be down for a revival.
I have fond memories of the first game and Lost Kingdoms II was great. Surprised they haven’t taken another stab at them even with just an HD collection, but From is a very different company these days.

You all are on my good side now. Peace be with you, and may nothing harm you.

But yeah From isn't even the same company anymore. I don't think they'll ever revist Rune/Lost Kingdoms but I sure can hope they will.

Possibly my most wanted PLEASE BRING IT BACK from Gamecube along with Eternal Darkness and Skies of Arcadia.
I sent an email to From once when they still had the option to send emails to them. I asked for rune to come back and if lost kingdoms 3 was ever in the cards. Shockingly I didn't hear back.

So with the news that From is developing multiple titles, it obviously means Lost Kingdoms III is back in the cards baby. I'm ready Daddy Software

I wish. THE BEST card based combat system around. (Sorry BK, I love you too)

With the popularity of From, it’s definitely a well Nintendo should go back to. Even if they have to strip down the card system for a more tradition From experience, I’d take it.

Gamecube remaster rumors are going around, therefore Lost Kingdoms gets a bump!

Even though it won't happen.

I remember going to the mall with my uncle and begging the shit out of him until he caved and bought me Lost Kingdoms II lol

I remember it being a fun, somewhat frustrating game. But I liked it enough that, after I beat it, I tracked down a copy of the original Lost Kingdoms and played that too,

Then I didn't think about the series again until I played Demon's Souls on the PS3 and I was like "Hey, this sort of reminds me of those Lost Kingdoms games! But only kind of."

I forgot, a long time ago a interviewer asked if there was going to be a third game, and if it was ever to have online:
Taniguchi said:
I currently cannot say anything about a third title. In regards to online, however, I can say that we have no plans to implement it. If we receive many requests from players for this, we do have another feature in mind that we feel could help satisfy this need.

Probably just talking about couch coop, but unfortunately I think this interview might be lost to time now.

Nvm found it

I remember getting the first one for cheap and finishing it the next day. It wasn't too bad tho, I liked the concept.
Never played the sequel tho.

While I'm happy that FROM have more found incredible success, it is heartbreaking looking back and seeing the sheer amount of variety their games used to have before they found success with Souls.

• GameCube exclusive card RPG series
  • Xbox exclusive undead-warrior environment-destruction series
  • Anti MAGA presidential mech game
  • First person dungeon crawler series
  • Stealth ninjas

Hopefully the new AC is a sign they're ready to move on from the Souls template they've become a bit wedded to

I just now realized this year is Lost Kingdoms 2's 20th anniversary!

maxresdefault.jpg

It's not the end of the year yet, you still have time to play this hidden gem :)

Back
Top Bottom