• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion New Concept Art from Playdead (Inside, Limbo) next game - hiring.

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
Playdead, the developers of Inside & Limbo, are now hiring for roles on their next game - described as a 3D open-world sci-fi adventure set in a remote corner of the universe. The game is being made in Unreal Engine 5.

Ahead of GDC, Playdead are hiring for new roles and setting up meetings with potential applicants - and shared concept art from the new game:
erroQXG.jpeg

hnf9c9G.jpeg

https://playdead.com/meet-us/

i'm getting the feeling that this is not coming out any time soon, and it's already been 8 years since the release of inside. regardless, i'm very excited. love limbo and inside and the concept art for this has looked amazing so far.

i'm getting the feeling that this is not coming out any time soon, and it's already been 8 years since the release of inside. regardless, i'm very excited. love limbo and inside and the concept art for this has looked amazing so far.
Definitely doesn't seem like it's coming soon with the roles they're hiring for

I'm not up with all the drama that happened at the studio, but believe there was some, as the brilliant Cocoon had some of the people previously at Playdead work on it. Still eager to see where this goes, but as mentioned already, seems to be a ways off still.

i'm getting the feeling that this is not coming out any time soon, and it's already been 8 years since the release of inside.
cross checking from Inside’s development, the first piece of concept art was shown back in 2012. about 4 years prior to release.
project-2.jpg

i get the feeling this is a much larger game in terms of scale, and that’s why it’s taking so long.

Back
Top Bottom