• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports NCAA Basketball Tournament 2024 |ST| Final Four

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
famiboardsmmheader-jpg.1265

Now I know what you are thinking. It's not March yet, isn't this thread a bit early?

Yeah, probably, but we are now getting late into the regular season, and so I figured it may be as good a time as any to get this topic going. Resumes are being finalized, Bracketology is in motion, and the inevitable journey to March has begun.

I've also expanded the scope of this thread to encompass both the Men's and Women's Teams tournaments. Women's Basketball is rising rapidly in attention and esteem, in no small part helped by the meteoric rise of Iowa's star player Kaitlin Clark, perhaps the most dominant athlete in all of College Basketball.

24wcbb-clark-arms-tczk-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Conference play is now about halfway over as of the time of writing this, so there is still time to check in on your local team, your Alma Mater, or whatever your favorite team, and cheer them on for a good seeding come tournament time.

The Bracket

Men's Tournament Bracket:

GI6DQHRWsAAdd6i

Women's Tournament Bracket:

Famiboards Bracket Challenge

Men's Tournament: https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?...&joinKey=937d613c-0c99-3bd0-9acf-294d792cd8c1

Women's Tournament: https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?...&joinKey=937d613c-0c99-3bd0-9acf-294d792cd8c1

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Previous Famiboards Bracket Champions: @ngpdrew (2023)

-----------------------------------

mario-s-basketball-challenge-1550.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to follow up my victory by getting last place when I stupidly pick Illinois to survive the second (third?) round.

I am going to follow up my victory by getting last place when I stupidly pick Illinois to survive the second (third?) round.
In danger at home to a not especially great IU without their star player does raise some concerns, yeah. TSJ seems pretty rough right now.

Last edited:
Northwestern is scary and should absolutely be in the tournament this year. Stressful game tonight for sure.

Also, Loyer hitting the clutch 3 in overtime was apparently the loudest recorded sound ever in Mackey Arena.

Also

Last edited:
Ah, so we are going to lose in the first round to a 13 seed this year…
Might have a good preview of a matchup like that today. Of course, your guys probably want revenge on Maryland, though I'll be rooting for the Terrapins for conference standing reasons.

It's tough being a number 1 team, down goes UConn. Guess you're up next, Houston.

For those interested in Division 3, seeding selection is out:

GHSLn-gXIAAHcnx

I was actually at the North Coast Athletic Conference Championship game last Saturday and saw Wabash qualify, so that was cool, I'll be rooting for them in this tournament.

@WestEgg congrats on the win and the B10 regular season title. Purdue was just too much the last ten minutes.
Hell of a game. I feel like that kicked ball/foul at the end is going to cause some discourse. But I’m really hoping we don’t catch you all in the NCAA, Illinois is scary when they get going. Let’s meet in the Big Ten Tournament though.

President Joe Biden, Sir. You can secure the election by showing the American people that we will not suffer under the tyranny of the NCAA selection committee any longer. Please arrest them with post haste Mr. President.

President Joe Biden, Sir. You can secure the election by showing the American people that we will not suffer under the tyranny of the NCAA selection committee any longer. Please arrest them with post haste Mr. President.
Yeah, man. What they did to Indiana State was unreal!

Famiboards Bracket Challenge!
I think I’m in! It didn’t have me enter a password!

Time to win twooo badges…
It may have saved last years bracket group, but I made a new one. Either way, I can see both so it shouldn't be an issue.

Condolences to him and Kansas. This might throw some brackets too.

Wagner/Howard ended up being a great finish, but wow did Virginia forget to show up.

I do not feel confident in my team.

And we're a 2 seed 🙃

Here's hoping Marquette actually lives up to being a 2 seed. Just need to stay healthy.

There are not a lot of notable names on the bracket this year. Either gonna be a very exciting year or a very boring and predictable one.

I'm done with changes. I hate at how much chalk my final four is, but I'm sticking with what I've got.

I had thought I filled out my women's bracket, but it doesn't seem to have saved. No one else is showing filled out, so remember to check and fill out your bracket if you haven't!

Welp, Kentucky has wrecked my and probably most people’s bracket already.

One of my worst day 1's ever. I finished 9-7 but luckily I only lost one sweet 16 pick. Overall I'm pretty healthy, for now.

Also, go Illini!

One of my worst day 1's ever. I finished 9-7 but luckily I only lost one sweet 16 pick. Overall I'm pretty healthy, for now.

Also, go Illini!
I had Kentucky, BYU, and South Carolina in the sweet 16, so that’s not great for me.

Already off to a better start than last year. Saw some sloppy nervous play against an inferior team, but I think we shook the nerves and played well the second half. Gonna need Gillis and Jones to play more confidently.

Western Kentucky had us in the first half, not gonna lie....

As an added bonus, we're the last team from Wisconsin now remaining in the tournament! Feels good.

And then there were 32 teams

Big XII (5)
ACC (4)
B1G (4)
Pac 12 (4)
Big East (3)
SEC (3)
A10 (2)
MWC (2)
Horizon (1)
Ivy (1)
SBC (1)
WAC (1)
WCC (1)

Last edited:

Absolutely dominant performance today, with Edey sitting out the last 12 minutes. This team is special. Sweet 16, here we come.

Back
Top Bottom