• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film Movies For Maniacs Nov 7 - Nov 20 F For Fake

November 7 to November 20 ~No Theme November

• Drunken Master (1978)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • F for Fake

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Gamera vs Guiron

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Persona

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phosphorescent Skeleton

It's a hard world for little things.
Pronouns
She/Her
It's the FamiBoards Bi-Weekly Movies For Maniacs Film Club!
Let's watch Cool Movies and discuss them like Cool People on the Internet. I was thinking we could vote to choose a movie every 2 weeks.

The results are in for our November 7th - 20th film!

We'll be watching F For Fake!

Have you seen it before? What do you think going in? After watching it please come back with your thoughts, observations, reviews, ect. Hope you have a great time!

Orson Welles' meditation on art, forgery, and deception. Probably my favorite movie ever.

Last edited:
FBBIzErVgAcjJ3Y

I’m in! I already watched House this month, but I haven’t seen the others yet.

Gonna plug Return of the Living Dead. An excellent film and VERY 80's. Would love to have more people see it.

Voted for the Riverbeast to get him back in the race.

edit: Where would I even watch this film?
Forgot to hit reply, but link above. Doesn't look like RB is gonna win, but I promise I'll make everyone watch it someday. Legit one of my favorite movies.

Quoted by: GJ
Forgot to hit reply, but link above. Doesn't look like RB is gonna win, but I promise I'll make everyone watch it someday. Legit one of my favorite movies.

I’m not in the US (Netherlands here) and it’s not on Prime over here. According to JustWatch there are also zero storefronts in this country that carry it. I’d love to watch it, but it doesn’t look like it’ll be possible for me 😩. Thanks for the link though!

The results are in for our October 25-November 6 film!

We'll be watching The Return of the Living Dead!

Have you seen it before? What do you think going in? After watching it please come back with your thoughts, observations, reviews and all things RotLD. Hope you have a great time, this is a real favorite of mine.

Just found this thread, would have voted for House. Return of the Living Dead sounds like good fun though, someone did a twitter thread on it a while ago that put it on my radar. Looking forward to checking it out!

House is one of the best horror/comedy movies ever so I voted for that. Even if Return of the Living Dead wins, you should watch House (and House II!) anyway.

House is one of the best horror/comedy movies ever so I voted for that. Even if Return of the Living Dead wins, you should watch House (and House II!) anyway.
Only thing I know about the House movies is when they were talking about them in Scream 2. I think Randy insisted the second one was better.

Only thing I know about the House movies is when they were talking about them in Scream 2. I think Randy insisted the second one was better.
I do think the second one is better myself, but the first is still worth a watch.

It seems like Return of the Living Dead won. Time to watch!

That was a lot of fun. I wanted to post more about it after I watched it, but I’ve been ill for a couple weeks and very tired so I didn’t get around to it.

It was way funnier than I expected it to be. I hadn’t seen the film before and I usually don’t watch trailers, read synopses or look at the genres for a film I’m about to watch because I like to go in as blind as possible, so this was a fun surprise. I thought the practical effects were great, and even though they looked very dated in some shots that didn’t bother me at all. It just added to the vibe of the film. Overall a great film that I really enjoyed. Especially after watching Night of the Living Dead earlier this month.

That was a lot of fun. I wanted to post more about it after I watched it, but I’ve been ill for a couple weeks and very tired so I didn’t get around to it.

It was way funnier than I expected it to be. I hadn’t seen the film before and I usually don’t watch trailers, read synopses or look at the genres for a film I’m about to watch because I like to go in as blind as possible, so this was a fun surprise. I thought the practical effects were great, and even though they looked very dated in some shots that didn’t bother me at all. It just added to the vibe of the film. Overall a great film that I really enjoyed. Especially after watching Night of the Living Dead earlier this month.
Yeah, it's a perfect horror comedy in that the comedy doesn't lessen the horror and vice versa. For example, a zombie calling in more paramedics is both funny and scary.

Quoted by: GJ
Yeah, it's a perfect horror comedy in that the comedy doesn't lessen the horror and vice versa. For example, a zombie calling in more paramedics is both funny and scary.

That was so funny and unexpected. I'll probably put this on the list for next years spooky season.

Any idea what the next theme of the Film Club is going to be?

I like that the movie addresses that the zombies they've created aren't mindless. They are doing terrible things yes, absolutely, but are driven to out of unimaginable suffering. They also aren't something that can be dealt with so easily like in many zombie flicks. They aren't simply a "force of nature" but rather an endpoint consequence of the actions of so many negligent "regular" people.

It's great how every time the actions in a scene are leading to the creation of even more new zombies, the boppin' theme song kicks in at full force.

It's also just really fun the whole time lol

Not much of a film guy myself, but I wanted to pop in to say that I love the premise of this thread.

That was so funny and unexpected. I'll probably put this on the list for next years spooky season.

Any idea what the next theme of the Film Club is going to be?
I'm planning on doing a No Theme November. Just gotta figure out how to change the poll and I'll open it up.

I like that the movie addresses that the zombies they've created aren't mindless. They are doing terrible things yes, absolutely, but are driven to out of unimaginable suffering. They also aren't something that can be dealt with so easily like in many zombie flicks. They aren't simply a "force of nature" but rather an endpoint consequence of the actions of so many negligent "regular" people.

It's great how every time the actions in a scene are leading to the creation of even more new zombies, the boppin' theme song kicks in at full force.

It's also just really fun the whole time lol
The theme always reminds me of the Goosebumps theme, I wonder if it was an inspiration. And yeah, the movie is kinda about normal people suffering because of the incompetence of people in power, whether its high ranking military men, or just your shitty boss.

The theme always reminds me of the Goosebumps theme, I wonder if it was an inspiration. And yeah, the movie is kinda about normal people suffering because of the incompetence of people in power, whether its high ranking military men, or just your shitty boss.
Lol it totally does sound like the Goosebumps song.

I'm planning on doing a No Theme November. Just gotta figure out how to change the poll and I'll open it up.

If you can’t figure it out just report the OP and have a mod delete the current poll. Afterwards you should be able to add a new one, I think.

The current candidate for No Theme November are:
Jackie Chan barn burnin' action classic, Drunken Master
images

My all time favorite movie, F for Fake
images

A movie about a turtle fighting a space knife monster, Gamera vs Guiron
images

Better than the game, Persona
images

F for Fake might be the greatest movie Orson Welles ever made... but I say you just gotta give Gamera a chance!

The results are in for our November 7th - 20th film!

We'll be watching F For Fake!

Have you seen it before? What do you think going in? After watching it please come back with your thoughts, observations, reviews, ect. Hope you have a great time!

Orson Welles' meditation on art, forgery, and deception. Probably my favorite movie ever.

I had recently (in the last year or so) rewatched Persona and while I do like a good monster movie, I was more interested in the other two for the time being. A coin flip gave me F for Fake, which I’ve never seen before, so I’m looking forward to it. I’ve been watching some easy to digest stuff lately because I’ve been feeling awful, but I’m looking forward to diving into this.

Opens eyes.

Where... where am I?

H-how did I get here? Who are you people?

Back
Top Bottom