• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Monster Hunter Stories coming Nintendo Switch, PC, and PS4 this summer (UPDATE: coming on June 14th)

Yeah this was a great rpg. I’m glad it’s come off the 3DS. Bodes well for the future of the series too

I wanted to like this game back when I played it on 3DS, but its game design gets messy and bloated halfway through, as well as having to suffer Navirou.

Probably my highlight of the partner direct, looking forward to it - shame it wasnt dated outside of summer

I highly recommend this!! Went back and played it after loving the second game. It holds up! (And the stories do tie together in some ways).

I played the 3DS demo and loved it, so I bought it on launch day. It is one of the best 3DS games by far, probably the most advanced for the system, and the music is spectacular. I hope people who enjoyed MHS2 give it a chance, it's a great game!

I wonder if the Switch version will include the Zelda DLC? Feels like a no-brainer to sell a few extra copies.

I remember laughing at how the 3DS demo of the pokemon-like Monster Hunter spin-off with its kiddy graphics immediately goes more grimdark than any of the main series games.

The good:
  • It'll have all the Title Update expansion content that the original US 3DS and mobile releases missed out on
  • Fiddling with Genes is much more fun here than it is in the sequel, because you can actually change your monster's elemental type and the system WON'T actively work against you

The bad:
  • If it's based off of the mobile version, the Switch version probably won't have the original 3DS release's Zelda bonus content (Link's costume for the MCs, Master Sword and Hyrule Shield, Epona as a unique Monstie, Majora's Mask for Navirou, unique Network Stickers)

I tried MHS2 but the performance on Switch was awful, so I might wait to see if this has similar issues before I commit to the Switch version.

I love mhs2 but never played mhs1. Is the combat system the same? I really enjoyed the rock paper scissor gimmick and monster catching.
Yes it’s very similar (If a little simpler)
I own MHS2 but never played anything in this series. Should I play 1 first?
Doesn’t really matter- both are self contained entries outside of blink-and-you’ll-miss-it references. Each one is like a small shonen cartoon in its self-contained, episodic nature

I love mhs2 but never played mhs1. Is the combat system the same? I really enjoyed the rock paper scissor gimmick and monster catching.
Yes it’s very similar (If a little simpler)

Doesn’t really matter- both are self contained entries outside of blink-and-you’ll-miss-it references. Each one is like a small shonen cartoon in its self-contained, episodic nature
I will say that, at least when it comes Navirou, you get a bit more appreciation for the character if you experienced that character's arc in the original.

It also puts a bit more context on his otherwise random-ass transformation in the second game.

The good:
  • It'll have all the Title Update expansion content that the original US 3DS and mobile releases missed out on
  • Fiddling with Genes is much more fun here than it is in the sequel, because you can actually change your monster's elemental type and the system WON'T actively work against you

The bad:
  • If it's based off of the mobile version, the Switch version probably won't have the original 3DS release's Zelda bonus content (Link's costume for the MCs, Master Sword and Hyrule Shield, Epona as a unique Monstie, Majora's Mask for Navirou, unique Network Stickers)

Yeah, I’ll decide if I should get this on Steam Deck or Switch based on if that Zelda DLC makes it in.

I don't see myself returning to Stories 1 after the second one. It's just an inferior experience in comparison in almost every way. If one wants to experience the ways part 1 ties into 2, it might be worth picking up though. Having played the first on 3DS already, there isn't much incentive.

THE MID IS BACK IN TOWN (THE MID IS BACK IN TOWN!)
THE MID IS BACK IN TOWN (THE MID IS BACK IN TOOOOOWWWWNNNN)

Loved the second one, and I'm so happy this game is freed from 3DS and mobile. Will most likely check this one out.

Monster Hunter Stories 2 is launching alongside Stories 1 on PlayStation 4 on the same day (June 14). Suprised this didn’t happen sooner but glad to see it regardless, more people get to play this great game.

Monster Hunter Stories 2 is launching alongside Stories 1 on PlayStation 4 on the same day (June 14). Suprised this didn’t happen sooner but glad to see it regardless, more people get to play this great game.
The more the merrier if it helps secure a third one. Hope the PlayStation audience gives it a chance

Damn it. Why are they bringing Monster Hunter Stories 2 Wings of Ruin outside PC/Switch? I hate this. Screw them.

This means I need to buy it for the fourth time: Switch, Switch digital, Steam.

there's going to be a physical collection of the two games on switch, with the first game being on the cart and 2 being a download code

GIe123uXoAE-RR8

there's going to be a physical collection of the two games on switch, with the first game being on the cart and 2 being a download code

GIe123uXoAE-RR8
I think the Switch collection is US only, while the PS one is EU only (for retail in both cases), which is just … why?

Still no word on the Switch getting the Zelda content?
I wouldn't bet on it, at this point. The game definitely seems to be an upgrade based off the mobile port.

And on the whole, the overall message seems to be that Nintendo-themed collaboration content largely died with MHGU on Switch. No MH game that's hit the Switch since has looped in Nintendo content in that way. We couldn't even get the return of Mario and Star Fox Palico outfits in Rise...

Back
Top Bottom