• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Monster Hunter Rise has now sold over 13 million units worldwide, Sunbreak at more than 6 million units

Good performance for a title by the B-team. Would love to see a platform breakdown.

World did 18.8m and 22.5 including the Iceborne Master Edition. World 2 is going to be absolutely massive.

capcom is on such a roll right now, i hope they keep it going. tho we need AA7 yesterday, where is it capcom?

That implies surprisingly few (to me) copies sold on the ps/Xbox releases.

The game was at 7.5-8m before the PC release, ~10.3m about half a year after the PC release, and 11.7m at the end of last year before releasing on PS/XBOX in January.

Even if switch sales fell off a cliff completely, it's at worst 2/3rds on Switch. Obviously helped immensely by starting as a switch exclusive, but still.

Basically, they should make sure that whatever comes next in is really on every platform.

Great to see it - one of my favourite Switch games and, post-Sunbreak, probably my favourite game in the series. Hopefully more publishers realise they can put high end games on Nintendo hardware, do well, and up-port to other systems...
Good performance for a title by the B-team. Would love to see a platform breakdown.

World did 18.8m and 22.5 including the Iceborne Master Edition. World 2 is going to be absolutely massive.
At least 8 million on Switch alone, which was the last sales update just before the PC version launched in January 2022.

capcom is on such a roll right now, i hope they keep it going. tho we need AA7 yesterday, where is it capcom?
me when I remember there's no mega man x9 and I have to go about my day pretending this is fine

megaman-x-sad.gif

I just hope that, after they felt the need to port Rise to PS/Xbox, whenever World 2 launches in 2024 that it will have a ReDraketed port too.

Really don't wanna wait that long again for a new portable playable entry. (Steam Deck comments unwanted, i'm not made of money, i have kids!)

All just good news for MH fans in general. I’m just happy the series has shown it’s not just a niche thing on one platform, that it’s the biggest thing Capcom has twice over now.

There’s still a lot they can do to help new players get into MH looking at the ‘abandoned Switch games’ thread, which has been valid criticism of MH for a very long time. It shows there’s still room for it to be even bigger while still keeping the cool identity of the series intact. The village campaigns still feel like good intros to me, but I wonder if the weapon intros could do better with maybe saying ‘these ones are good for MH beginners’. Typically the bigger, slower and more complex weapons people can bounce off of, once they realise you can’t cancel out of some of the moves and that it’s a feature of MH, not a problem that it isn’t something else.

All just good news for MH fans in general. I’m just happy the series has shown it’s not just a niche thing on one platform, that it’s the biggest thing Capcom has twice over now.

There’s still a lot they can do to help new players get into MH looking at the ‘abandoned Switch games’ thread, which has been valid criticism of MH for a very long time. It shows there’s still room for it to be even bigger while still keeping the cool identity of the series intact. The village campaigns still feel like good intros to me, but I wonder if the weapon intros could do better with maybe saying ‘these ones are good for MH beginners’. Typically the bigger, slower and more complex weapons people can bounce off of, once they realise you can’t cancel out of some of the moves and that it’s a feature of MH, not a problem that it isn’t something else.

That's why i always recommend the Insect Glaive to beginners. High mobility, fast attacks, and it's aerial options work not only for offense, but also as emergency dodges/bail-outs.

Sure, getting used to the extract play and the combos might take a while, but i argue as a beginning player you're kinda already doing your thing by simply not carting too often in multiplayer.

I just hope that, after they felt the need to port Rise to PS/Xbox, whenever World 2 launches in 2024 that it will have a ReDraketed port too.

Really don't wanna wait that long again for a new portable playable entry. (Steam Deck comments unwanted, i'm not made of money, i have kids!)
RE Engine is pretty scalable so it should be doable but I also wouldn't be surprised if they have another staggered release in some form or skip the Switch 2 entirely until the next game by the Portable team.

RE Engine is pretty scalable so it should be doable but I also wouldn't be surprised if they have another staggered release in some form or skip the Switch 2 entirely until the next game by the Portable team.

Well, Capcom has it down to the numbers that there's a massive potential userbase for portable MH.

Ideally, they understand that and have World 2 be fully multiplatform, and keep doing a "smaller" MH inbetween (also fully multiplatform) where the "B Team" can experiment again.

Not gonna lie, the B Team efforts with Rise were absolutely great, and personally i think they're doing a better job than the "A Team" when it comes to evolution to the MH gameplay loop with good additions like the Wirebugs.

(Seriously Capcom, don't ever do a MH game without Wirebugs again.)

Shows that exclusives (or partially exlusive) can be very profitable. I like how Capcom didn't make a half effort of porting over World but went all in with the Switch version. Better to optimize for a single platform than to make it work over everything. I would like to see that continue with Resident Evil and other IP's as well.

At least 8 million on Switch alone, which was the last sales update just before the PC version launched in January 2022.
Japan physical sellthrough after that point is 450k+ so the floor is really 8.45m. Realistically Switch accounts for 10m++ sales out of that 13m imo.

Great game. Played Rise + Sunbreak on Switch but sometimes I'm tempted to double dip on another platform for that sweet, sweet 60fps.

Back
Top Bottom