• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Mobile/Gacha games |ST| You have a 1.2% chance of enjoying this thread (Guaranteed at 100 posts)

Warlord

Chain Chomp
GPyKRbEW4AAMlaK

Welcome to the Mobile/Gacha games thread on Famiboards
What is the purpose of this thread?
This thread is meant to be a place where discussion about mobile games, whether gacha or not, can be made. It can be your current experience, new announcements, monthly revenue or more, as long as it is related to mobile, it can be discussed here.

Is the thread only about gacha?
Though gacha will probably be the main topic of discussion due to having more frequent updates, other non-gacha mobile games can also be discussed.

Do I need to spend real money to enjoy these games?
No. You should never have to spend money unless you want to. Most of the time these games can be played completely free, but if you do decide to spend money, make sure to know your limits.

Rules
  • Please remember to be civil. Do not be aggressive towards other posters.
  • Do not criticize other players for playing mobile games. Let people enjoy what they want.
  • While it is completely fair to criticize monetization practices for Mobile/gachas, please make sure that's not the only thing you do. Discuss multiple things instead of just one aspect of the game. and do not come here just to say "why are you playing this when X or Y are better". Let people enjoy stuff even if you don't personally like it.
  • Use spoiler tags when posting something that could be a big spoiler or NSFW.
Banned content
this section will be dedicated to content that cannot be posted under any circumstances. If something from the list does get posted, it will immediately be reported
  • Tectone
  • any Content creator that focus mostly on drama
  • any content that involves comparing games by making one look good and the other bad (Example: why X is Better than Y; 5 reasons X is better than Y etc.)
  • Pull reactions videos
  • any content that spread misinformation
  • X Could never type of posts

With that said, enjoy!!
\ /
reusable-green-screen-doro-meme-v0-nimk728r4efc1.png

Some other threads dedicated to Mobile titles
https://famiboards.com/threads/honkai-star-rail-st-sweet-dreams-ver-2-3-details-revealed.6158/
https://famiboards.com/threads/gens...here-clorinde-and-ver-4-7-available-now.6400/

Last edited:
Hello again!
since I didn't see an ST dedicated to the topic and there are games coming out and have come out that I'm interested in playing and discussing, but don't really want to make a thread for, plus topics such as revenue and announcements I thought it would be great to have a thread dedicated to the topic.
As always, if there are problems with the OP, do tell me.
Enjoy!

Cool ST! I guess I’m not technically playing anything right now (RIP Love Live School Idol Festival 2 - February 2024 - May 2024), but I’ve been diving into the fan translation of Magia Record my all time favorite mobile game again recently and just started watching Scene 0. Excited I have a proper home to talk about that now!

I could have put the most recent one, But I liked this one more so...

I'm torn between agreeing on Fjorm still being one of the best FEH OC and disproving the slander against Ratatoskr who is wholesomeness in person.

;]

I used to play One Piece Treasure Cruise a lot but lost my account thanks to Twitter API changes and the info OPTC needs to give me my account back is ridiculously specific 🙃

Since then I played Bleach Brave Souls the most but I fell off for a while, which is good for my time management lol

I just want to post here to give Arknights a shout out. It's legit the best mobile game I've ever played, and it's not just "good for a gacha". It really is a great game.
I've been playing since day 1 and it never ever felt like a chore, which is what I always experience with other gacha games.

I also play Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, but that one is a terrible game. It's just a slot machine disguised as a game. And still I've been playing it since shortly after it launched. Why you ask? Because I just love Dragon Ball. I treat it as a card collection thing, I just want all the units.

But yeah, play Arknights. It's amazing imo. I've never spent a single cent on any gacha game, but Arknights is so friendly towards f2p players.

Gacha games can be very addictive. Especially the very generous ones.
I've never spent actual money on Granblue Fantasy before but I've spent quite a bit on all the merch.

I also do my dailies on Fire Emblem Heroes too. Those were my introduction to Fire Emblem Engage characters. I've actually spent good money on that game before but nowadays I just restrict myself to using my accumulated expiring Google funds on that.

Do I reveal myself as an FGO player? Guess I did, but I don't think it's much of a surprise. NA only (for Clairvoyance EX) but yeah. Game has a lot going on, which is fun + the nasuverse is a rabbit hole that keeps going deeper.

Anniversary is coming up very soon, which is going to make some pretty necessary overhauls to the battle system on NA and the story is preparing for the 7th Lostbelt as well (which if JP translations through the grapevine are any indication, is going to be fucking wild). It'll also include the release of both Arceuid and Xu Fu, and I'm personally really looking forward to that one.

Apparently Grand Order on JP recently shot to the top of the charts again because of the Queen Draco rerun (her first banner in NA will be next year), which is somewhat hilarious since it was in the 60s before that.

I could have put the most recent one, But I liked this one more so...
Fjorm is an icon...literally.

Slightly off topic, but I have been trying to get Bridal Sharena and Veronica on the latest wedding banner since it came out, 28 summons in, rates at 4.25% and...nothing. I got one five star at summon number 3 and it wasn't a banner unit. Typically have much better luck than this and don't have to spend money but...FEH giveth, and FEH taketh away.

1.2% rates? A 100 pull pity? What is this madness!? :p

...aaaaaaaaanyway I tried to get into Wuthering Waves but I couldn't so I basically stopped playing that. More and more I find myself just sticking with the really old gacha games I've been playing for 8+ years.

The only real exception is Star Rail, but that's probably because you can just auto the farming. I don't really have the patience to do that stuff manually any more.

I’m here with the agenda to push Star Wars: Hunters to famiboard members. I don’t usually play games on my phone so I appreciate this is on Switch as well.
The game is a hero shooter and is the 1st game in that genre I’ve ever played and I’m loving the hell out of it.
The game tries very hard to get you buy cosmetics and such but it is definitely not pay to win.
Game play is very tight and simple and the graphics are above serviceable, I’d say good to great even. Nice animations and the characters are original and charming with a lot of personality.

1.2% rates? A 100 pull pity? What is this madness!? :p

...aaaaaaaaanyway I tried to get into Wuthering Waves but I couldn't so I basically stopped playing that. More and more I find myself just sticking with the really old gacha games I've been playing for 8+ years.

The only real exception is Star Rail, but that's probably because you can just auto the farming. I don't really have the patience to do that stuff manually any more.
There's also 50/50😛

I also want to try wuWa but it had bad performance pn my old laptop and my new PC couldn't even launch it, tho it is giving me problems for other games, so I'm bringing it to the people who built it. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out before Jinli banner ends.

Yooo. I currently play Fire Emblem Heroes, FGO and Honkai Star Rail. Might be quitting FEH by the end of the year because it's getting ridiculously powercreep-y, we'll see. (It might depend on when the FE4 remake drops and how they handle new Jugdral stuff).

FGO is a bit slow at the moment over in NA, but I'm fine going off and on for this game. When it's peak, it's peak.

HSR is a fun little distraction and has some pretty great side content.

Do I reveal myself as an FGO player? Guess I did, but I don't think it's much of a surprise. NA only (for Clairvoyance EX) but yeah. Game has a lot going on, which is fun + the nasuverse is a rabbit hole that keeps going deeper.
Yooo. I currently play Fire Emblem Heroes, FGO and Honkai Star Rail. Might be quitting FEH by the end of the year because it's getting ridiculously powercreep-y, we'll see. (It might depend on when the FE4 remake drops and how they handle new Jugdral stuff).

FGO is a bit slow at the moment over in NA, but I'm fine going off and on for this game. When it's peak, it's peak.

HSR is a fun little distraction and has some pretty great side content.

I played through all of FGO late last summer and it was one of my favorite gaming experiences I've ever had. There are parts of the story still are living rent free in my mind. After Lostbelt 6 (my personal "game of the year" last year, I know, I know), I was growing restless for more main story content. The wait seems crazy. I got too spoiled on the binge of 6 years of story lol

While waiting for "main" FGO story, I resumed Star Rail, fell in love, and that's been my "main" game for awhile.

Playing through FGO's Traum the last few days while waiting on the next HSR update has been a nice homecoming though. I forgot how much I just love reading through these stories and hanging out with these characters.

That ST title is too good. Gotta Yeah-it regardless of my overall feelings on gacha lmao

Recently returned to Genshin and finally getting to Inazuma has me in awe of Hoyo's absurdly unparalleled (on a good day) environment design. Damn what can I do but keep playing. I also tried out HSR (just like I said I was in its ST) and yeah, early days but what little I sampled was decent.

Don't think I can do more than 1 live-service at once though, these games are just way too big. I know HSR's grind is auto-able but with much faster powercreep it just doesn't gel with how I'd approach it, so I'll probably keep on returning to GI every now and then when I feel like it. Don't really get FOMOd into having to play every single day to get characters so it works well just enough.

FEH just dropped the most bait banner of all bait banners today, they're out for your F2P orbs saved up for the CYL banner in August.

I played through all of FGO late last summer and it was one of my favorite gaming experiences I've ever had. There are parts of the story still are living rent free in my mind. After Lostbelt 6 (my personal "game of the year" last year, I know, I know), I was growing restless for more main story content. The wait seems crazy. I got too spoiled on the binge of 6 years of story lol

While waiting for "main" FGO story, I resumed Star Rail, fell in love, and that's been my "main" game for awhile.

Playing through FGO's Traum the last few days while waiting on the next HSR update has been a nice homecoming though. I forgot how much I just love reading through these stories and hanging out with these characters.
The British Lostbelt absolutely is just as good as some of Nasu's other, non-FGO work. It's one of the best fantasy stories I've read in a long while.

Traum was awesome, Higashide (writer of Traum) always has cool concepts and Traum is up there with his best work. (He also wrote Orleans, Okeanos, America, Shinjuku, Anastasia, Atlantis and Fate/Apocrypha; Anastasia is my personal favorite).

Whilst I'm sure you don't need the push, I'd easily recommend any of the other Nasuverse games, Visual Novels or anime if you're craving more stories. For the core stuff; FSN is getting an English translation later this year (but Beasts Lair has the Ultimate Patch), Tsukihime Remake has an unofficial switch translation and an official coming later this month (patch for the original can be found on Beasts Lair) and Mahoyo is currently on Steam. Extra is probably the hardest to get a hold of (and CCC only has a a fan translation).

As for anime: Zero is Zero (peak Urobochi edge is it's main shortcoming), Apocrypha is... meh (one of the biggest hallmarks in Higashides writing is that he absolutely loves to redo an Apocrypha servant to give them a more interesting FGO role because of Apocryphas shortcomings), the FSN anime are okay-ish and Strange Fake is currently in-development. Carnival Phantasm is absolute peak.

Last edited:
FGO makes me think of Broly from DBZ, particularly the DBZ Abridged take. "It's so cool! But it's stupid! But it's cool! But it's so stupid!" There's a ridiculous amount of cool stuff in the game that's undermined by longstanding problems with the Nasuverse and certain characters, compounded by certain problems inherent to the gacha field.

I don't actually have a lot to contribute otherwise; the only gacha game I really recommend to people these days is Xenoblade 2 and the gacha is the worst thing about that game. I do still play one traditional gacha, but Sdorica's an odd duck. It doesn't have an equipment system so there's no weapons polluting the gacha pool, it only does crossovers with the dev's other games (so the crossovers repeat regularly but there aren't many), and the player insert equivalent is an outside observer who isn't permitted to interact with the main characters. It's also very clearly inspired by the PSX Squaresoft era games, particularly Tactics Ogre & Final Fantasy Tactics with just a touch of Legend of Mana weirdness. It basically ruined other gacha games for me.

EDIT: Oh, the music's tops too.

Last edited:
I'm another FGO player (and almost everything else Type-Moon, too).

I also used to play Arknights for quite a while before (it's a much better game than FGO, frankly) but I can't keep up with two gachas.

Last edited:
Stuck with Epic Seven that I visit daily for several years now. I tried other games but E7 is the only one that I tried that doesn't use SD models of the characters during gameplay. I HATE when they use SD models of the characters.

Pre-Rolling for succes in case of sudden FOMO.

Finally a thread where I am not reminded and rediculed that I am a filthy human being for enabling gacha by enjoying it. I enjoy gacha as a method to relax, gives me a chance to turn off that crazy head for a moment.

I rolled into the genre with the game "D. O. T. Defenders of Texel" best gacha ever, too bad the server got shut down. "Blood Brothers" (first edition) was really nice as well. Right now I am still looking for a game to stay with for a while but it seems almost every gacha is an idler as well now. Currently giving "Soul Strike" a chance but it has been meh so far, it's too obvious that the game wants me to pay and the loop (while relaxing) is somewhat boring to me.

So if any of you has a hidden gem out there, preferably something with nice colors and a somewhat cartoony style. Even if it is ancient I'll play it!

Thanks for the thread OP!

Currently I'm playing Honkai Star Rail (since launch) and Arknights. I started Genshin a few months after launch but I stopped playing consistently at some point in Sumeru. Just got a bit sick of the daily grind and now I just hop in every few months. I'm excited to get back and do the Fontaine story when I'm in the mood for it, and Natlan coming soon is exciting too.

I started Arknights a few months ago after my wife got into it and I really love it. I second Ahmed's recommendation, vey very F2P friendly, easy and quick to do dailies in, and extremely rich in mechanics and depth. It's one of those games where I don't have any real complaints about it, it's super well rounded.

Octopath Traveler Champions of the Continent is the sole mobile/gatcha game I've been able to get into

It's honestly a pretty good single-player RPG, would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the main Octopath games. The gatcha is just for characters, no weapons or anything, which I appreciate.

Now's a good time to jump in too since there's a Live A Live crossover coming in two weeks with one of the best units in the game, and in July there will be the Second Anniversary event with massive free rewards

I just want to post here to give Arknights a shout out. It's legit the best mobile game I've ever played, and it's not just "good for a gacha". It really is a great game.
I've been playing since day 1 and it never ever felt like a chore, which is what I always experience with other gacha games.

I also play Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, but that one is a terrible game. It's just a slot machine disguised as a game. And still I've been playing it since shortly after it launched. Why you ask? Because I just love Dragon Ball. I treat it as a card collection thing, I just want all the units.

But yeah, play Arknights. It's amazing imo. I've never spent a single cent on any gacha game, but Arknights is so friendly towards f2p players.
I've wanted to seriously play arknights for a while (have it downloaded on my phone since 2021) but I just don't like tower defense gameplay and using the low rarity operators guides is just not fun. I got as far as halfway through chapter 3 in the story. I have so many 6* and 5* too. It's a shame since I really like the world and characters and I constantly listen to the music.

I've wanted to seriously play arknights for a while (have it downloaded on my phone since 2021) but I just don't like tower defense gameplay and using the low rarity operators guides is just not fun. I got as far as halfway through chapter 3 in the story. I have so many 6* and 5* too. It's a shame since I really like the world and characters and I constantly listen to the music.
Understandable if you don't like tower defense.
With low rarity operators you can do pretty much every content in the game besides the end game obviously, and you won't miss much.

If you play the past events you can get free 5* ops, and a few 6* even. The game becomes more doable once you have a wide variety of operators, not necessarily the strongest ones. And with friend units you can always have 1 operator carry you if you need to.

If you haven't played since 2021 then a lot of things have changed and added. There is now a permanent rogue like mode. Its rewards are based on a battlepass, but the best thing is you can get every single reward without paying or "unlocking" anything.

They've added events with new concepts as well, but those are time limited like Trails for Navigator which basically has 1 extra long map split into 3 parts and shifts from 1 part to the next until you beat the third one.

There are also some upcoming banners that have great operators, including the 4.5 year anniversary and a new Rainbow Six collab banner.

Understandable if you don't like tower defense.
With low rarity operators you can do pretty much every content in the game besides the end game obviously, and you won't miss much.

If you play the past events you can get free 5* ops, and a few 6* even. The game becomes more doable once you have a wide variety of operators, not necessarily the strongest ones. And with friend units you can always have 1 operator carry you if you need to.

If you haven't played since 2021 then a lot of things have changed and added. There is now a permanent rogue like mode. Its rewards are based on a battlepass, but the best thing is you can get every single reward without paying or "unlocking" anything.

They've added events with new concepts as well, but those are time limited like Trails for Navigator which basically has 1 extra long map split into 3 parts and shifts from 1 part to the next until you beat the third one.

There are also some upcoming banners that have great operators, including the 4.5 year anniversary and a new Rainbow Six collab banner.
I was on and off with it. First 4-5 months apart from doing the first 3 chapters I just grinded one stage of anihilation. Then when the anime finished airing it's first season I went back and reached halfway through chapter 4. After that I tried to do the Siracusano event but never got far with it (I did manage to get both Texas Alter and Penance tho).
I have recently been looking at some guides, but it'll probably take a while before I actually jump in again.

Where's Goku in the thread's picture?! :ROFLMAO:
I tried a lot of gacha games but Dokkan Battle is the only one I have left. Fire Emblem got overwhelming very quickly, none of the FF games held my attention past the free summons, and even though I'm a big Shin Megami Tensei, fan I didn't care that much about Dx2.

The ones I truly loved are both canceled now, Dragalia Lost and Terra Battle, but I sure hope to hear about some interesting ones in here!!

(Also I'm totally lying, I have Tokyo Afterschool Summoners on my phone but shhhh....)

I was on and off with it. First 4-5 months apart from doing the first 3 chapters I just grinded one stage of anihilation. Then when the anime finished airing it's first season I went back and reached halfway through chapter 4. After that I tried to do the Siracusano event but never got far with it (I did manage to get both Texas Alter and Penance tho).
I have recently been looking at some guides, but it'll probably take a while before I actually jump in again.
There is a youtube channel that has some good low rarity guides, I forgot the name but I'll look for it later and share it.

Edit: found it @Warlord

Last edited:
I did not invested time on anything lately. Played a lot of Chain Chronicles and Princess Connect... both sadly died (global servers).

Not sure if i want another gacha but i came here to check what famicomrades are playing.

The British Lostbelt absolutely is just as good as some of Nasu's other, non-FGO work. It's one of the best fantasy stories I've read in a long while.

Traum was awesome, Higashide (writer of Traum) always has cool concepts and Traum is up there with his best work. (He also wrote Orleans, Okeanos, America, Shinjuku, Anastasia, Atlantis and Fate/Apocrypha; Anastasia is my personal favorite).

Whilst I'm sure you don't need the push, I'd easily recommend any of the other Nasuverse games, Visual Novels or anime if you're craving more stories. For the core stuff; FSN is getting an English translation later this year (but Beasts Lair has the Ultimate Patch), Tsukihime Remake has an unofficial switch translation and an official coming later this month (patch for the original can be found on Beasts Lair) and Mahoyo is currently on Steam. Extra is probably the hardest to get a hold of (and CCC only has a a fan translation).

As for anime: Zero is Zero (peak Urobochi edge is it's main shortcoming), Apocrypha is... meh (one of the biggest hallmarks in Higashides writing is that he absolutely loves to redo an Apocrypha servant to give them a more interesting FGO role because of Apocryphas shortcomings), the FSN anime are okay-ish and Strange Fake is currently in-development. Carnival Phantasm is absolute peak.

I finished Traum last night and wow, what an ending. Early on in the story when Kadoc asked us "who summoned Holmes" I was actually shocked I didn't have an answer and then the last third of the story with the reveals... so good.

I'm such a baby and I got teary eyed when the MC called in Mash for the final fight and "Final Strike" from the OST started playing. MC and Mash moments in the story always get me the most hyped/excited. Mash and the MC's evolving relationship and surprising amount of character change is my favorite part of FGO. I'm simple I suppose.

That cliff hanger though... I thought the larger Part 2 "meta narrative" in Traum was handled pretty well... we seem to be getting close to getting a few answers about the larger questions from Part 2.

My personal theory is "Subject E" is actually Olga and that's where she ended up after the Fuyuki Singularity but who knows? Maybe I'm coping because I want more Olga content lol.

Overall I'm really pleased with Traum! That third act was super fun. The same writer doing Anastasia makes a lot of sense with all the follow-up stuff with Kadoc.

New Year's Prologue/Anastasia/Lostbelt 1 was so good. The running theme of the "overlooked underdog" with Kadoc/the MC(and the rest of his fellow crytpers), Salieri/Mozart, and even how Anastasia's life story went down, the big fight with the piano music, Mash coming in with Ortinax..., the mysterious vibes of the foreign priestess coming in to destroy the tree of emptiness... incredible.

Yeah, I've watched the anime adaptions of all three Fate/Stay Night routes (and some of the other "big" Fate anime adaptions) and really loved them and I'm really excited about finally getting to read the original VN this year. I have Mahoyo collector's edition I haven't started yet and Tsukihime pre-ordered... I need to get to them... especially since Arc is coming to FGO soon...

The parts of (the amazing) Lostbelt 6 where Castoria contemplated the life of her "Proper History" counterpart were almost like a pseudo-sequel to at least the Fate route of the original VN (to me anyway) and mirrored Shirou's conclusions about Artoria's life (and how his conclusions about her life impact his own life in that route) in a super interesting way. I'm sure the tiny "F/SN psuedo-sequel" parts of Lostbelt 6 will come through even stronger when I actually get around to actually reading the original VN lol

I'll stop boring the rambling. Ultimately, Traum was great! Makes the wait for Lostbelt 7 even more rough. We and Mash said we were going to save Olga this time! Let me do it! lol

Last edited:
I finished Traum last night and wow, what an ending. Early on in the story when Kadoc asked us "who summoned Holmes" I was actually shocked I didn't have an answer and then the last third of the story with the reveals... so good.

I'm such a baby and I got teary eyed when the MC called in Mash for the final fight and "Final Strike" from the OST started playing. MC and Mash moments in the story always get me the most hyped/excited. Mash and the MC's evolving relationship and surprising amount of character change is my favorite part of FGO. I'm simple I suppose.

That cliff hanger though... I thought the larger Part 2 "meta narrative" in Traum was handled pretty well... we seem to be getting close to getting a few answers about the larger questions from Part 2.

My personal theory is "Subject E" is actually Olga and that's where she ended up after the Fuyuki Singularity but who knows? Maybe I'm coping because I want more Olga content lol.

Overall I'm really pleased with Traum! That third act was super fun. The same writer doing Anastasia makes a lot of sense with all the follow-up stuff with Kadoc.
Traum was quite good, though I wasn't nearly as satisfied with Holme's conclusion. My least favorite part of the chapter and a massive disappointment.

Also, on Olga, that's not cope at all. Have you watched Moonlight/Lostroom?
Subject E being Olga is one of the most prevalent theories, especially when you take the Priestess of the Foreign God into account. Though personally I don't think what we saw in Area 51 is the same thing we learned about before. The body on the floor is David and that branch on the bed looks like a prop.

There's currently a rumor of Genshin removing the boss cooldown. I really, REALLY hope it's true. It's such an annoying feature and makes farming materials worse than it should be
also probably means that the lv 100 rumor might be true.
Natlan hasn't even released and it keeps delivering!

New Year's Prologue/Anastasia/Lostbelt 1 was so good. The running theme of the "overlooked underdog" with Kadoc/the MC(and the rest of his fellow crytpers), Salieri/Mozart, and even how Anastasia's life story went down, the big fight with the piano music, Mash coming in with Ortinax..., the mysterious vibes of the foreign priestess coming in to destroy the tree of emptiness... incredible.

Yeah, I've watched the anime adaptions of all three Fate/Stay Night routes (and some of the other "big" Fate anime adaptions) and really loved them and I'm really excited about finally getting to read the original VN this year. I have Mahoyo collector's edition I haven't started yet and Tsukihime pre-ordered... I need to get to them... especially since Arc is coming to FGO soon...

The parts of (the amazing) Lostbelt 6 where Castoria contemplated the life of her "Proper History" counterpart were almost like a pseudo-sequel to at least the Fate route of the original VN (to me anyway) and mirrored Shirou's conclusions about Artoria's life (and how his conclusions about her life impact his own life in that route) in a super interesting way. I'm sure the tiny "F/SN psuedo-sequel" parts of Lostbelt 6 will come through even stronger when I actually get around to actually reading the original VN lol

I'll stop boring the rambling. Ultimately, Traum was great! Makes the wait for Lostbelt 7 even more rough. We and Mash said we were going to save Olga this time! Let me do it! lol
Traum was quite good, though I wasn't nearly as satisfied with Holme's conclusion. My least favorite part of the chapter and a massive disappointment.

Also, on Olga, that's not cope at all. Have you watched Moonlight/Lostroom?
Subject E being Olga is one of the most prevalent theories, especially when you take the Priestess of the Foreign God into account. Though personally I don't think what we saw in Area 51 is the same thing we learned about before. The body on the floor is David and that branch on the bed looks like a prop.
Oh boy, Subject E theorizing? Lemme put in my own ideas... (DW, no JP spoilers)

I don't think Subject E, or at least, what we see as Subject E in Traum is Olga. The main reason for it is that there's a few notable discrepancies between Bluebooks story and the body we find in Area 51. All Bluebook manages to find in the operating room is a dead tree before an unknown gunman shoots him. Other discrepancies are that Bluebook thinks the tech in Area 51s operating room is "retro", while Chaldea calls it state of the art.

What I think Chaldea finds is the emaciated body of Bluebook, with only an intact nervious system left; humanity's "last master". While he was dying, he summoned Zhang Jue, whose ability as a Shenxian (the same species that Hinako Akuta/Yu Mei-Ren is and the one our glorious moth emperor transforms into) allowed him to extend and preserve both his and Bluebooks life as he lay dying.

The story also kinda gives away a pretty big twist near the end of Traum, although it's kinda easy to miss - the corridor that Moriarty brings you down is one that Kadoc recognizes as being in the same space as the one where the Foreign God contacted the crypters. This is something that notably combines with another impossible detail that you can find in Bluebooks story at the very start of the lostbelts. Subject E arrived on Earth in 2016 (or 2018 on NA; FGO is a bit weird with dates). The thing is, 2016 doesn't exist in the FGO universe. It's the full year Goetia erased from history to do his Incineration plan. This means that either Bluebook is lying (seems wrong, he's a reliable narrator for his own perspective) or there's something else going on.

There is however one version of Humanity that did survive 2016; the one on CHALDEAS. It's something that only occasionally gets drawn attention to, but CHALDEAS is a full copy of Earth; it was cloned in the SERAPHIX facility in the mid-90s. One thing it can notably do is use SHEBA to look 100 years into the future, which is the default position its left to rest in as a way to detect singularities. If Bluebook is from CHALDEAS' Humanity, that resolves the Area 51 tech discrepancy since he'd be a human from CHALDEAS 2116.

That does create another discrepancy; Bluebook is on a bleached earth. As far as we know, only Earth itself got bleached... right? Well, no. CHALDEAS was also bleached. It's easy to overlook because Anastasia's invasion of the arctic base during the LB prologue gives the entire base an icy makeover, but CHALDEAS itself was shown to be bleached before she did that; it suddenly turns white and gains a texture identical to that of the Bleached Earth. (This also means that there are two bleachings).

So that just leaves the question of what Bluebook found and who shot him. I have admittedly no idea. If I had to make a few random guesses, they range from "a prototype fantasy tree" to "Goetia's 10th ring" (because that fucker also has a paradox - Goetia claims that Marisbury dug it up 10 years before FGO starts, which is in 2006, but Marisbury won the 2004 Holy Grail War, which makes no sense). As for who shot him... The Chaldean maybe? Honestly, that one is even more of a blank. If you've watched episode 0 of Babylonia, it could also be the one who shot Marisbury as a sort of ghastly parralel to that event.

So yeah that's my speculation on Subject E.

Oh boy, Subject E theorizing? Lemme put in my own ideas... (DW, no JP spoilers)

I don't think Subject E, or at least, what we see as Subject E in Traum is Olga. The main reason for it is that there's a few notable discrepancies between Bluebooks story and the body we find in Area 51. All Bluebook manages to find in the operating room is a dead tree before an unknown gunman shoots him. Other discrepancies are that Bluebook thinks the tech in Area 51s operating room is "retro", while Chaldea calls it state of the art.

What I think Chaldea finds is the emaciated body of Bluebook, with only an intact nervious system left; humanity's "last master". While he was dying, he summoned Zhang Jue, whose ability as a Shenxian (the same species that Hinako Akuta/Yu Mei-Ren is and the one our glorious moth emperor transforms into) allowed him to extend and preserve both his and Bluebooks life as he lay dying.

The story also kinda gives away a pretty big twist near the end of Traum, although it's kinda easy to miss - the corridor that Moriarty brings you down is one that Kadoc recognizes as being in the same space as the one where the Foreign God contacted the crypters. This is something that notably combines with another impossible detail that you can find in Bluebooks story at the very start of the lostbelts. Subject E arrived on Earth in 2016 (or 2018 on NA; FGO is a bit weird with dates). The thing is, 2016 doesn't exist in the FGO universe. It's the full year Goetia erased from history to do his Incineration plan. This means that either Bluebook is lying (seems wrong, he's a reliable narrator for his own perspective) or there's something else going on.

There is however one version of Humanity that did survive 2016; the one on CHALDEAS. It's something that only occasionally gets drawn attention to, but CHALDEAS is a full copy of Earth; it was cloned in the SERAPHIX facility in the mid-90s. One thing it can notably do is use SHEBA to look 100 years into the future, which is the default position its left to rest in as a way to detect singularities. If Bluebook is from CHALDEAS' Humanity, that resolves the Area 51 tech discrepancy since he'd be a human from CHALDEAS 2116.

That does create another discrepancy; Bluebook is on a bleached earth. As far as we know, only Earth itself got bleached... right? Well, no. CHALDEAS was also bleached. It's easy to overlook because Anastasia's invasion of the arctic base during the LB prologue gives the entire base an icy makeover, but CHALDEAS itself was shown to be bleached before she did that; it suddenly turns white and gains a texture identical to that of the Bleached Earth. (This also means that there are two bleachings).

So that just leaves the question of what Bluebook found and who shot him. I have admittedly no idea. If I had to make a few random guesses, they range from "a prototype fantasy tree" to "Goetia's 10th ring" (because that fucker also has a paradox - Goetia claims that Marisbury dug it up 10 years before FGO starts, which is in 2006, but Marisbury won the 2004 Holy Grail War, which makes no sense). As for who shot him... The Chaldean maybe? Honestly, that one is even more of a blank. If you've watched episode 0 of Babylonia, it could also be the one who shot Marisbury as a sort of ghastly parralel to that event.

So yeah that's my speculation on Subject E.
Agreed on multiple accounts, also:
What we see in Traum is named Test Subject E, not Subject E. It might seem like a meaningless distinction but it was never called Test Subject E before, the difference is also present in Japanese and most importantly: this is the same chapter that pointed to the difference between Foreign Disciples and Foreign God's Disciples. Also, another point towards this David being from 2120: his old solar-powered motorcycle (what?!) was able to take him across continental distances without breaking down (??), plus, when he finds notes from the survivors he is able to read them just fine, but when Chaldea finds (maybe the same?) notes, we are stumped about what language that even is and surprised by the bizarre archtecture.

We know (or we can speculate) Test Subject E is not an alien because we see Olga being experimented on in Moonlight/Lostroom and even the "Foreign God" the Crypters saw is, as you said, just the light coming off of Area 51.
The residents of CHALDEAS think Olga is an alien because she came falling from the sky, completely warped by the gravitational forces of CHALDEAS when Lev threw her in it. I fully believe the bizarre tree-like descriptions of the alien's appearance are the result of spaghettification.

Some other thoughts:

The Crypters were in contact with their Lostbelts before the Lostbelts appeared on the bleached Earth. Everyone had their contract, as evidenced by Anastasia showing up, Ophelia's eyes connecting to Surtr and most importantly Beryl's flashback in which he is called to the Bleached Earth and then sent to LB6 by Kirschtaria. All of that happens way before the invasion or the bleaching, they should all have been in their coffins. How? They were rayshifted into CHALDEAS.

Kirei expressed that the only threat to them was Rayshifting because we could just go back and change the past... but no we can't! This is on the level of True Magic and Romani was very emphatic we could only change stuff inside singularities. Additionally, Morgan urged us to question what is Chaldea and what's the real purpose of Rayshifting, well here it is: to go into CHALDEAS. The reason they were afraid of us having it is because we could just Rayshift into the past of CHALDEAS to undo all they did much like Solomon did away with his works to depower Goetia.

I also think this is the solution to why there are two bleachings (and I'm stealing someone else's theories on this one): there aren't. Somehow, they placed CHALDEAS surface over our world, that's why we found the remnants of houses and diaries from Daybit's world. That's why after Rayshifting to Traum we had to go through a space portal to reach Area 51 again.

I started playing Brawl Stars (sort of a gacha) to under what my nephews were putting their time and money into.

I was surprised how recognizably Supercell the game is from my experience with Clash Royale way back. Brawl Star's gameplay isn't as successful a destillation of its genre as Clash Royale was, but philosophy and very much the economic model is not at all different. Progression is slow, unupgraded units are useless, and matches aren't designed to offer fair contests but to bully players into buying levels and gears and powers so that for a while they can fight on equal footing or even be the ones farming free wins of less invested fools until, inevitably, they ascend to the higher tiers and once again come up against people who have spend more than them.

One advantage of being made by Finns is I can't say anything too bad about the cast of characters. They're slightly comical and largely inoffensive. Most harmful stereotypes are avoided. For example, there's a tall, broad-shoulder, buff woman - which in itself has become a bit of a cliche lately, but having a tall, broad-shouldered, buff woman (who still falls into the healer gender trap, somehow), is still better than having no tall, broad-shouldered, buff woman, and this one's a mother, too.

Not much to go on, but Kaijuu no.8 is receiving a PC and Mobile game. Just based on what seems to be the Ultimates, I'm guessing this is a gacha

Officially getting my hopes up the new Madoka game will be coming out in English given this trailer is very surprisingly all in English. Also Iroha’s in it 👀

Also I did finish Scene 0’s Film 1 in the Magia Record fan translation. It’s still early in the story, but I’m warming up to Mabayu the main character a lot and I’m intrigued where her story could possibly head.

FEH just dropped the most bait banner of all bait banners today, they're out for your F2P orbs saved up for the CYL banner in August.

Not sure if this will be a hot take or not, but I genuinely really don't like this banner. Not because it's bait-y, but, they really couldn't give us one more Awakening unit on the banner? Instead, the only other Awakening unit is the Tempest Trials unit this month?? It feels very unbalanced.

Not sure if this will be a hot take or not, but I genuinely really don't like this banner. Not because it's bait-y, but, they really couldn't give us one more Awakening unit on the banner? Instead, the only other Awakening unit is the Tempest Trials unit this month?? It feels very unbalanced.

Erm, i think we're talking about different banners?

I was talking abou that special banner with the runner up of A Hero's Rise, those who either lost in the Voting Gauntlet or those who were just a few votes short of getting into the Gauntlet.

And i think you're talking about the summer banner that started today? ^^

Erm, i think we're talking about different banners?

I was talking abou that special banner with the runner up of A Hero's Rise, those who either lost in the Voting Gauntlet or those who were just a few votes short of getting into the Gauntlet.

And i think you're talking about the summer banner that started today? ^^

Ah!! It seems we are!! To be fair, both are pretty bait-y it seems!!!

Back
Top Bottom