• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Misleading translation creates unfounded rumor about new Kirby game (VCG)

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈

Hmm, what are your thoughts fami? Their claim is that the way it's laid out seems to imply it's also a Kirby game, but that really wouldn't make sense with Nintendo's usual announcement strategies unless it's going to come in an early Feb direct.

If it is Kirby and not something unrelated, I'd expect a smaller eShop title or an anniversary collection of some sort. What are we expecting for Kirby's 30th?

Last edited:
I don't think they are saying it's a new Kirby game, they will talk about Kirby and a new game that hasn't been announced yet.

I don't think they are saying it's a new Kirby game, they will talk about Kirby and a new game that hasn't been announced yet.
Yeah, that's my read on it too. The Kirby image is just there as it's the highlight / cover story of the issue.

I don’t think this is Kirby, but I DO think we’re getting another Kirby game by the end of the year, it is the anniversary, and it’s not like NoA would actually do 30th anniversary merch, so that has to be why they’re taking about it

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Almost certainly a mistranslation. It's most likely referring to a new game related announcement in general, not related to Kirby (or Nintendo first party at all), coming alongside K&TFL news in the next issue of Nintendo Dream.

Is that translation accurate? I'm not that good but it says "In addition to information about Forgotten Land, I have a hunch that an UNBELIEVABLE game will appear. And then in the brackets it says "If it doesn't happen... sorry". It just sounds like the editor is talking about any new game, it doesn't say that it's a new game in the Kirby series, just 新作.

The mention of a game has no tie to Kirby in that statement
Yeah it's pretty clear the rumour is BS but since it's going around I thought it was worth a discussion about what else we might get for the anniversary

Yeah where did the idea that it's a Kirby game come from? The source doesn't imply that at all

Unrelated, but a Kirby battle royale done in the style of Worms Rumble would be pretty great. Make it free for NSO subscribers or something.

finally, the reveal we've been waiting for

story of seasons: flowerbud village

hey, the mineral town remake got announced via famitsu iirc, so why not

The chances of another Kirby spin-off release later this year (beyond Dream Land, Dream Land 2 and Crystal Shards on NSO of course) feels fairly high; but that's 100% not what Nintendo Dream are teasing there.

I knew Forgotten Land was too good to be true.
Still quite the effort faking all those screenshots and videos and hacking them onto the eshop.
Hire this guy Nintendo.

They should take triple deluxe and robobot and make them wide screen an hd, put them out for 40 bucks a pop, i would buy them, even though i literally just played through them on 3ds.

Or bundle return to dreamland, triple deluxe, and robobot togeather for 60 bucks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom