• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Minecraft Legends | Cosign Against Porcine

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
YwOE6kr.gif

Developed by
Mojang
& Blackbird

Published by
Xbox Game Studios

Available
April 18th, 2023

For
Nintendo Switch
PC
PlayStation 4 & 5
Xbox One & Series X|S
+ Game Pass for Cloud, Console & PC

cTTKnzm.gif

New Genres to Mine
Unite with with all kinds of Minecraft critters and pals to save the everyone from an imminent piglin invasion! Use your mount to explore randomly generated stretches of the Overworld. Rack up treasures and allies to command. Build up a base. Take the fight to the enemy…and make sure you’re ready for them at your front door, too!

Play Together & Anywhere
In addition to the single player campaign, Legends has online modes in both PvE and PvP configurations. Cultivate or ruin your relationships on any platform; there is full cross-play and cross-platform progression support!

Launch Trailer

Reviews aren't off to a super strong start:

PC Gamer (50%):
"[T]he result is a genre mashup that's disappointing as an action game and as a strategy game."

Eurogamer (Negative):
"I spent the entire time I was playing Minecraft Legends trying to figure out who the game was for. It feels too overwhelming and poorly explained for kids, too rudimentary for older players and too frustrating for both."

IGN (7/10):
"The difficulty curve does have the potential to make the late game frustrating, but stellar cooperative and PVP play still make this RTS very worthwhile."

Game Informer (7/10):
"Minecraft Legends battles to blend its open-world adventuring with the intricacies of real-time strategy, a war that sometimes detracts from the overall fun you can have. Even so, its gorgeous environments and clever world-building inspire familiar creativity that makes up for its growing pains."

Agh... already had low expectations after the constant crashes of Minecraft Dungeons on Switch
Yeah. I want to believe in this game - the unusual and unique mix of gameplay got me interested - but it's sounding like maybe there are some pretty big issues in the way of everything jibing together. I'm going to give it a shot on Game Pass and have a look anyway. Only Xbox and PC reviews are up right now. Hope the Switch version is at least stable!

Oof. I didn't think it would be a masterpiece but I also didn't expect those kinds of reviews from major outlets.

Yeah even since I saw trailers I was confused about what it is supposed to be, and most of the reviews pretty much complement this, like they should just have focused on one genre.

Will download on PC Gamepass but I think I will wait until my buddy gets the game as well, apparently CoOp is the way to go

Shame, I loved Minecraft Dungeons and was going to give this shot. Might wait a year and see how it develops overtime

Thought the game looked interesting from what I’ve seen from the Xbox Direct, but I can see how it could potentially have too many things going on. RTS gameplay is hard to get right, to be frank, and having to juggle that with other mechanics can get overwhelming.

Mojang is proving to be a pretty weak studio, since they completely took over the development of Minecraft (without the original creators) didn't create any expansions that the fans couldn't do or have already done better, Mine Story Mode, Dungeons and now Legends are all extremely weak games, which even have good ideas but when leaving the brainstorming table they simply don't know what they are doing.

Mojang is proving to be a pretty weak studio, since they completely took over the development of Minecraft (without the original creators) didn't create any expansions that the fans couldn't do or have already done better, Mine Story Mode, Dungeons and now Legends are all extremely weak games, which even have good ideas but when leaving the brainstorming table they simply don't know what they are doing.
Mojang was always the original creator though, I don't understand what that's supposed to mean? Unless you mean they should have kept Notch around even though he was a bigot and about to leave the game anyway. Jens has been there for an extremely long time and just as important to Minecraft as Notch ever was at this point. With these spinoffs they aren't even doing most of the work, they get another dev to make the actual game, so it's not like they "don't know what they are doing" at all.

These games aren't even bad, they just aren't for "gamers", they're for children and casual gamers.

I think it's just a product of the usual Microsoft mismanagement of their studios.

Minecraft makes good amount of money and Dungeons looks like it is doing pretty good last I checked. I don't see how Mojang is remotely mismanaged.

Minecraft makes good amount of money and Dungeons looks like it is doing pretty good last I checked. I don't see how Mojang is remotely mismanaged.
They definitely aren't lmao.

A couple mid-tier spinoff hardly means anything. Minecraft is bigger and better than ever and is going very well with large annual updates. All the while the studio operates without crunch.

Just played the tutorial on PC, looks quite interesting!

I played the tutorial and maybe like an hour past. Really don’t like it lol. Everything feels messy and jumbled and I’m not having nearly enough fun to care to push past all of it.

Dungeons is a great game. It’s a very accessible couch co-op title. Laughable to call it extremely weak.

I agree that Dungeons is dope haha. Really enjoyed that one and a couple expansions for it! Mojang seems like a cool studio and a great place to work. Maybe Legends isn’t so good. Doesn’t seem like it’s indicative of anything though

Dungeons is a great game. It’s a very accessible couch co-op title. Laughable to call it extremely weak.
My roommate and I can be considered pretty casual for games of this type, and what we did was get angry, our plan was to beat the game in the NSO testing period, or at least play enough to decide to buy, we set the day it would be available and at the same time we went to play it since it was a game that we had heard good about, but in 3 hours of play we dropped hard, apart from the poor optimization on the switch, we found an infinite arrow bug already in the first phase, we got frustrated trying to explore the "dungeons" that had nothing outside the main path, and we got stuck in a boss that until today I don't know if it was a bug or an absurd difficulty spike.

My roommate and I can be considered pretty casual for games of this type, and what we did was get angry, our plan was to beat the game in the NSO testing period, or at least play enough to decide to buy, we set the day it would be available and at the same time we went to play it since it was a game that we had heard good about, but in 3 hours of play we dropped hard, apart from the poor optimization on the switch, we found an infinite arrow bug already in the first phase, we got frustrated trying to explore the "dungeons" that had nothing outside the main path, and we got stuck in a boss that until today I don't know if it was a bug or an absurd difficulty spike.

I played through it in its entirety on Game Pass with my wife, had a lot of fun - like a Guantlet Legends type of experience, a Diablo-lite. I bought a copy of it for Switch for my young niece and nephew and they played the hell out of it.

Sorry you had a weird experience. It’s unambitious perhaps, but it was not bad or broken.

Spam account permanently banned - Aurc
Minecraft Legends sounds like an awesome adventure with its unique twist on the classic game. The idea of uniting with critters and friends against a piglin invasion sounds intriguing. Exploring the Overworld with mounts, gathering allies, and building a base adds a new layer of excitement.

Minecraft Legends sounds like an awesome adventure with its unique twist on the classic game. The idea of uniting with critters and friends against a piglin invasion sounds intriguing. Exploring the Overworld with mounts, gathering allies, and building a base adds a new layer of excitement.
I too like video games, and their wonderful and mysterious locales. Minecraft Legends is one such video game available on the Nintendo Switch family of systems. The player is capable of moving through a world of adventure and intrigue, and at the end, the credits roll, signaling an end to a remarkable journey. My friends over at Saul Goodman & Associates helped me enjoy this video game more. They may even be able to help you lift the ban I just gave you.

Back
Top Bottom