• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Microsoft reorganizes Xbox leadership - Matt Booty now head of Bethesda/Zenimax & Game Content/Studios, Sarah Bond now President of Xbox

biglo25

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
image001.png

• Matt Booty promoted to President of Game Content and Studios, including the new responsibility of ZeniMax and Bethesda
    • Jamie Leder still running Zenimax as a limited integration entity, but now reports to Matt.
  • Sarah Bond to President of Xbox, overseeing all Xbox platform, business, and hardware work
  • Once Bobby leaves at the end of the year, there will be more women than men in leadership positions in Gaming/Xbox (tbd on his successor)
  • Ami Silverman (head of marketing consumer retail work like Windows, Surface, M365 and Gaming) moving to report to Phil Spencer directly.
Article by Tom Warren on the chnages

can Matt really fix the pipeline problem? cause if they want to prevent Redfall from happening, he's gotta be tough and can shit that doesn't work (coughperfectdarkcough)

• Once Bobby leaves at the end of the year, there will be more women than men in leadership positions in Gaming/Xbox (tbd on his successor)
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Bobby.

Good for Sarah. I trust her fully.

Matt Booty tho well as long as he doesn't send emails again ever

Is this a change from how the XGS/Zenimax(/ABK) infrastructure was set up, how Zenimax(/ABK) are still their own silos organizationally? Or this is just a change in their Xbox executive team direct report?

Sarah Bond impressed me a lot during the FTC trial, she’ll do really well for Xbox.

Is this a change from how the XGS/Zenimax(/ABK) infrastructure was set up, how Zenimax(/ABK) are still their own silos organizationally? Or this is just a change in their Xbox executive team direct report?
matt basically controls both XGS and Bethesda with jamie leder reporting to him instead of him being the independent person at bethesda and the integration will be closer but they are still operating as a Business Unit

Broke: Can this reorg fix the company's problems?
Woke: Can anyone fix the kerning on this terrible flyer?

Microsoft needs to make moves to revitalize the Xbox brand and ecosystem, which has felt neglected the past couple years. Microsoft Gaming will be fine, but I'd love to see Xbox flourish.

this is UNFORGIVABLE

the kerning, I mean

jesus! look at it!

Microsoft needs to make moves to revitalize the Xbox brand and ecosystem, which has felt neglected the past couple years. Microsoft Gaming will be fine, but I'd love to see Xbox flourish.

Meh, I want Microsoft to go back to the old days as a purely software developer and not this mass entity that is gobbling up publishers because their hardware market has been faltering for over 2 generations now

Is that not what they’ve done already with Gamepass and xCloud? They just had their most successful Q1 ever for gaming revenue. Obviously they’re doing something right.

It’s really not as doom and gloom over there as the internet makes(and sadly hopes from the usual suspects on Twitter and other places) it to be.

still something vile to take away from Bobby Kotick getting a cushy early retirement instead of being held accountable from the very instant

Back
Top Bottom