• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Microsoft lays off 1,900 staff from its video game workforce

Those are some horrible numbers. I knew there would be layoffs eventually but I wasn't expecting them to be so many and so fast. It's definitely not a good look for Microsoft here. They could have at least waited for the ink to dry on the merger signatures.

All this violence is terrible. I wish all the best to the people affected. Spencer's email adds indecency to indecency.

This kind of despicable thing happens every day, everywhere, in other industries too, all profitable. It's going to become difficult to buy their crap if they cut our jobs.

If you're going to go out, go out swinging (Jorge was a designer on Overwatch 2):

I'd wager these layoffs are only round one. In at most a year or two, maybe three, we'll see another round that slashes even more Xbox Studios jobs and likely see multiple studio closures.

Microsoft reneged on promises it made in court during its Federal Trade Commission (FTC) antitrust trial in 2023 by laying off 1,900 employees in late January. FTC lawyer Imad Abyad filed a letter with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit on Wednesday, effectively telling on Microsoft. “This newly-revealed information contradicts Microsoft’s representations in this proceeding,” the FTC lawyer wrote.

Back
Top Bottom