• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Microsoft announces the acquisition of Activision-Blizzard

Vanillalite

Bob-omb
Update:

Xbox + Activision

Creators of Call of Duty, Warcraft, Candy Crush, Tony Hawk, Diablo, Overwatch, Spyro, Hearthstone, Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot, StarCraft and more join Team Xbox

Until this transaction closes, Activision Blizzard and Microsoft Gaming will continue to operate independently. Once the deal is complete, the Activision Blizzard business will report to me as CEO, Microsoft Gaming.

Upon close, we will offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can within Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog. We also announced today that Game Pass now has more than 25 million subscribers.

Original news:

Take this all for what it’s worth, but this would be megaton if true.

Retweeted by Mat Piscatella this morning, source Wall Street Journal.

Um, Holy Shit if true.

With CoD down this year, the continue embattlement between investors and higher-ups... MS is eyeing like a vulture.

Bigger megaton would be if they not only buy it, but also manage to improve conditions within that rotten company.

Bigger megaton would be if they not only buy it, but also manage to improve conditions within that rotten company.
You'd hope they would. Kotick's gone at the very least - though he'll get the inevitable pay-day out of it of course :(

I'm not gonna say fuck Bobby because he's for sure getting absolute golden and this is a god's gift for him. But hell yeah, let's clean the shit and start making work environment not a fucking horrifying place to be. So, what the hell, fuck Bobby.

PURE INSANITY.

Personally it doesn't affect me in the slightest, but this is a seismic shift in power dynamics for the industry. Sony will probably do something similarly stupid and buy Square-Enix next. Really don't like this.

The biggest FPS franchise out there, the biggest MMO, two platformer icons which were previously associated with their biggest direct rival, one of the biggest mobile games and two big esports draws (Starcraft and Overwatch). Absolutely massive acquisition.

Wonder if and what Sony buy to compete. Only things on that scale would be EA and Take 2 and I'm not sure they could afford them... but who knows in these wild times.

Back
Top Bottom