• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Metroid Prime 4: Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I want Retro to go all out with bosses in Prime 4, let Queen Metroid, Crocomire, Draygon and Mother Brain return.

If there are Metroids, their evolutions (please add Alpha, Beta, Zeta and Omega) and Space Pirates there should be a Mother Brain controlling them. Make it lead up that Mother Brain scans Samus Power Suit she got from Zero Mission which leads up to her new body
Can't have the normal metroid evolution route outside of SR388 environments and I would really prefer not reusing areas.

Holy crap, are you me?? I also applied for that position, with a similar background as you. It would have been a dream come true to help write for a Metroid game. But, like you said, I'm happy to experience Prime 4 as a fan. Working on becoming a published author right now, though! So, maybe that dream of writing a Metroid game will happen one day! (For both of us!)
I know you can do it! Best of luck on becoming a published author!

I want Retro to go all out with bosses in Prime 4, let Queen Metroid, Crocomire, Draygon and Mother Brain return.

If there are Metroids, their evolutions (please add Alpha, Beta, Zeta and Omega) and Space Pirates there should be a Mother Brain controlling them. Make it lead up that Mother Brain scans Samus Power Suit she got from Zero Mission which leads up to her new body
i want Metroid Prime 4 bosses to be in the quality of Quadraxis

This will never happen but imagine if after Metroid Prime 4, Retro makes "Metroid Prime 0", a total reimagining of the NES Metroid game in Prime style.

It's something I daydreamed about even before Metroid Zero Mission was a thing. If Nintendo, for some reason, decided to go all in on Metroid Prime being its own separate continuity, maybe a Metroid Prime retelling of the NES Metroid events could be worth exploring.

Look, I'm just desperate for Metroid Prime news at this point. Just let me imagine things.

All the Nintentubers are in full MP4 mode now. Is it finally time soon?
It's not like they have anything else to talk about. It's either Switch 2 or Metroid Prime 4, sometimes both. That being said, while I don't expect to see it in a few weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see it either.

Yeah, I watched Super Metal Dave's video a few days ago. Usually I think he makes some leaps in logic, but the evidence he presents here I feel is really solid for a reveal soonish. Also, Paul Gale's tweet makes it sound like he's actually seen the game.

Frankly if Nintendo doesn't show Prime 4 in the next Direct I have no idea what the hell they will reveal. They were already pushing it by ending the fall Direct with a TTYD remake... without a release date.

Frankly if Nintendo doesn't show Prime 4 in the next Direct I have no idea what the hell they will reveal. They were already pushing it by ending the fall Direct with a TTYD remake... without a release date.
If not in the next direct it would likely be a dedicated trailer/presentation for Switch 2

Windwaker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD shadowdrop. How many people would complain?

I don't think he's much more than a Nintendo enthusiast, tbh. This is the tweet (the numbers are the coordinates for Retro's offices):

Kinda weird post from them. Retro Studios is at 30.4041, -97.6772.
These coordinates are instead for a CVS pharmacy 15 minutes south.
Or, they would be if the second number was negative. But exactly as stated in the tweet, those coordinates actually point toward... the mountains in Tibet!
But folks in the comments seems to understand that they're talking about Retro/Prime so I guess I'll take their word for it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
I don't think he's much more than a Nintendo enthusiast, tbh. This is the tweet (the numbers are the coordinates for Retro's offices):

People doubted Retro (which I’m still confused on why) and they gonna put out a GOAT game

TWO Concept Artist left in September. Another concept artist left in May and said “it was concept art for an upcoming game”. The writer just left a few months back. It’s all added up the game is done to me

Last edited:
When i seen that it was Super Metal Dave as the source i immediately dismissed it due to his past, but even i will admit i think he actually found something good this time

All these tidbits make me feel like it's almost here. Fellow Process Trusters, 2024 is our year!

All these tidbits make me feel like it's almost here. Fellow Process Trusters, 2024 is our year!

giphy.gif

I hope people won't be too disappointed and upset if Metroid Prime 4 turns out to be Switch 1 only.
already fully prepared for people to be blown away by the trailer, say things like "it looks so good, no way this isn't switch 2 footage" and then try to downplay the visuals when it actually ends up being Switch 1-only

I hope people won't be too disappointed and upset if Metroid Prime 4 turns out to be Switch 1 only.
I'm thinking cross-gen so it will be the usual complaints about "holding the game back".

I'm just glad this game exists. They can make an excellent Prime 4 on the Switch 1. They made fantastic Prime games on infinitely weaker hardware already

Kinda weird post. Retro Studios is at 30.4041, -97.6772.
These coordinates are instead for a CVS pharmacy 15 minutes south.
Or, they would be if the second number was negative. But exactly as stated in the tweet, those coordinates actually point toward... the mountains in Tibet!
But folks in the comments seems to understand that they're talking about Retro/Prime so I guess I'll take their word for it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Like many of us here he does have a Metroid obsession so it would seem about right. I didn't know he had connections that deep though. So he would be the second person who has basically claimed to have seen the game. I wouldn't be surprised if others (ie Nate) have seen it as well.

If that means it releases in the first half of the year, bring it on. They can always port/upgrade it to Switch 2 later. That being said, I think it's absolutely being made for both already and that's why they haven't shown it yet.

Oh wow they took down Edwin Atwell’s LinkedIN profile. It was definitely real because I saw it on there in the past. But now it’s completely gone which is weird. There are people who stated they’re working on Metroid Prime 4 on LinkedIn. I don’t think Nintendo took it down. I think Edwin himself didn’t like the attention he got from YouTubers and took it down.

"The Process" mentioned

The eight flights of stairs represent Metroid 1-5 and Prime 1-3, and the five people knocked over represent the five years we've waited since the reboot announcement. We will indeed land on our feet! TRUST! THE! PROCESS!

This next direct has to be the one with Metroid Prime 4. Unless it truly is a cross-gen game with Switch 2, then I could see it being a big showcase title alongside 3D Mario, etc. for their big Switch 2 reveal.

Kinda funny that the originators of "trust the process", the Philadelphia 76ers, have basically ended up a .... modest failure, with slight success.

Ehh, they're one of the 6 teams with a chance to win the title this year and will probably make a big trade to get better soon.

The entire idea was to just select the highest rated prospect possible at each pick and 4/5 of those guys failed was the issue (Embiid was a massive success, but Noel, Okafor, Simmons, and Fultz were busts) whereas you would generally expect 2 or 3 of those guys to turn out.

But yes, sometimes the process doesn't lead to the results you would expect historically. Fultz and Simmons were...... really weird busts.

Back
Top Bottom