• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Metroid Prime 4: Beyond new trailer, coming to Nintendo Switch in 2025

I'm not a Metroid fan so maybe I can't judge but... it looked just like Prime Remastered
Yeah, this is exactly why I wanted it to get moved to Switch 2. In fairness, it will look better in many areas due to an improved animation work and more robust world design.

My hope now is that there's a Switch 2 version that can run at 120fps.

IMG-9762.gif

This is much more of an iterative sequel that i'd thought it'd be... Still super excited to play it on my switch 2!!!:LOL:

Sylux looked so fucking cool. I take back all the dumb things I might have said or thought about em in all these years. So awesome. Bring on Hunter x Hunter

I'm gonna need a minute. My feelings are going wild right now. Even after years spent Trusting The Process, I never thought this far ahead.

I'm crying here, it looks beautiful. That was obviously just a tease, but still. I've been waiting so long for this moment and I'm just so happy!

I don't liked the action oriented aproach of the trailer, but that shot at the end and the visuals...I'm sure Retro will deliver.

This Metroid Prime 4 is Day 1 for me. Can't wait to see more details & gameplay of the game

Looks surprisingly clean for what it is. Not that that matters since I'll be playing it on Switch 2 anyway, but it did look higher res than I was thinking it would.

Holy shit, I feel like I'm dreaming.

Every single delay, every single minute of waiting, has been worth it. This is pure, unadulterated video game magic.

I love how action-heavy the trailer is - that space pirate theme rendition! - only to end on a sweeping vista so jaw-droppingly beautiful that eyes are popping out of their sockets, only to land on the release year.

It will be excruciating to wait for.

But worth it. WORTH IT.

Damn, friends.

DAMN.

It's interesting that they didn't even mention Nintendo Switch during that segment. Just "2025". I saw the NoA tweet about it does say it's "Coming to Nintendo Switch" but it seems clear that it's at least cross gen. I wouldn't rule out it being Switch 2 exclusive except that what they showed didn't really look overwhelmingly better than Prime 1 remastered. So I'd bet cross gen.

It doesn't mean much I guess, since we saw so little, and I'd guess that was just the intro mission (like the pirate frigate in MP1), but...

...that sure was a really disappointing look at MP4.
IMO it was purposefully tempered in that way since we're a far ways out, then the following part was a huge tease

Boring trailer, but the game looks very good
It was not really a normal trailer, more a "proof of concept" video showing how it looks and the direction they're going in.
"Hey we have scanning and morph ball rails and the ship"

Proper more cinematic trailer will come later for sure.

Not sure how to feel, looked a little concerning to me as far art direction goes. Hoping the 2025 release has a lot more polish. That planet at the end looked neat though.

I think I’m going to really miss the stuff Andrew Jones and the rest of the old art team brought to the table. Hoping the scan lore is good though, glad they showed that off

80+ comments in 10 minutes. Solid work, everyone

We're in for months of "is this cross-gen? Is it gonna be held back by the Switch" discourse but for now I'm just gonna enjoy that the Metroid Prime 4 is real

Prime 2 and 3 ports are like TP and WW one day they will.happen but not now

Doesn't make any sense to release them after Prime 4, though, and presumably they wouldn't be coming before at this point. No reason they wouldn't have dropped them this year / announced them alongside Prime 4 if they existed.

Can't believe we live in a world where we've seen gameplay of Prime 4. Haven't felt this amazing from an announcement in years.

I'm actually gonna get to play another first person Metroid game exploring lost civilizarions, beautiful environments, and finally having a GOAT-worthy soundtrack again.

I'm really, really happy.

I'm not a Metroid fan so maybe I can't judge but... it looked just like Prime Remastered
Not surprising given that they made both games at the same time, they definitely aimed for the same art style for both for cohesive purposes. Also, Metroid Prime Remastered is probably the best looking game on Switch so it's not a bad thing.

Okay i was wrong about it not being in the Direct and being revealed at the Switch 2 reveal.

But honestly, for that little, they really could've waited for said Switch 2 reveal, as this game (and i think we're all on the same page here) will definitely be cross-gen.

Doesn't make any sense to release them after Prime 4, though, and presumably they wouldn't be coming before at this point. No reason they wouldn't have dropped them this year / announced them alongside Prime 4 if they existed.
Prime 4, for now, seems to have no connection (thanks god) to the Phazon Trilogy considering the trailer

MP2 and 3 will probably be used as ports to fill Switch 2 gaps

Back
Top Bottom