• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Mcdonald's is now monetizing "Menu Hacks" with a set of combos.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
McDonalds-Is-Adding-Fan-Inspired-Hacks-To-Menus-Nationwide-Starting-January-31-2022-678x381.jpg

Yes, just combos. They're expecting you to build the items yourself.

The image is pretty self-explanatory, but if it somehow doesn't load. These are the options....
  • Hashbrown Mcmuffin: Sausage Mcmuffin with Egg & a Hash Brown
  • Crunchy Double: 6 piece chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce & a Double Cheeseburger
  • Surf+Turf: Filet o Fish & Double Cheeseburger
  • Land, Air & Sea: Big Mac, McChicken, and Filet o Fish
They're technically supposed to be added on January 31st (and the surf + turf is only available through the Mcdonald's app), but come on. You can just buy the items individually! It doesn't sound like there's any sort of discount for buying the combo.

I wonder if the Arby's Meat Mountain has ever been officially acknowledged. It was more than $10 when I got it and it has like every meat except for fish I think.

I was hoping to see the McGangbang officially added to the menu.

I leave disappointed.

They're expecting you to build the items yourself.
I lost a bit of interest when I saw that. Still neat idea, just hate having to construct it. I hate when fast food or fast casual places do that with chill cheese fries too.

I was hoping to see the McGangbang officially added to the menu.

I leave disappointed.
Honestly same (but I feel like it'd have to go by it's slightly more PG name of McNasty)
The breakfast one is lit ngl, I learned it recently from a coworker, but the big trick is to also order an extra side sausage for the extra 99 cents and get meat on both sides of the hashbrown
Ayo 👀 Keeping this in mind if I have to visit my sister on Sunday and roll through McD's

Ah yes, the iconic... checks notes "hash brown McMuffin", "Crunchy Double", "Surf + Turf" and "Land, Air & Sea"

Call me when they canonize the McGangbang

Ah yes, the iconic... checks notes "hash brown McMuffin", "Crunchy Double", "Surf + Turf" and "Land, Air & Sea"

Call me when they canonize the McGangbang
Take it a step further, change the name so it's less threatening but more vulgar. I present to you the mcfucknuts

I wonder if the Arby's Meat Mountain has ever been officially acknowledged. It was more than $10 when I got it and it has like every meat except for fish I think.
It has been, actually. There was a period where it was a proper option on their menu. I think you can still order it even though it's no longer on the site.
static_promo_small.jpg

Edit: They also released variants of the sandwich, such as the "Smoke Mountain". Which only contains meats that are smoke cooked.
248x240_SmokehouseMountain_silo_tan.jpg

Last edited:
It has been, actually. There was a period where it was a proper option on their menu. I think you can still order it even though it's no longer on the site.
YMMV on if the employee will even know what you are talking about though. I never got to try this option, but sounds so good.

Companies figured out ordering hacks and it sucks. I used to save so much money, but now everything is accounted for in price.
And sometimes ordering custom things, they even short you on the serving sizes you ordered for by using different containers.

There's still some hacks out there, but most of them now is all kids meals.

In the UK they just added the Chicken Big Mac to the menu and have an ad that says “no hacks needed”. It tastes ok, but I wouldn’t order again. I love the McPlant, though.

This is my first post on the site, so hi all 👋🏻

In the UK they just added the Chicken Big Mac to the menu and have an ad that says “no hacks needed”. It tastes ok, but I wouldn’t order again. I love the McPlant, though.

This is my first post on the site, so hi all 👋🏻
Hello! Welcome to your one stop shop for fast food discussion! Also we like some Mario guy or something.

Back
Top Bottom