• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Maximum Games (the publisher that recently cancelled all of their physical Xbox releases) is consolidating.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Maximum Entertainment (previously Zordix) has announced the unification of its various divisions under one name.

The company owns publishers Maximum Games, Modus Games, Just For Games, and Merge Games, and developer Modus Studios, all of which will be grouped together under the name Maximum Entertainment.
I feel like this was to be expected. as I said in the initial thread about the Xbox games getting pulled, it seemed more likely to be an internal issue rather than anything relating to Microsoft’s plans.

they’re also “looking to increase IP ownership to 30% of its revenue by 2025, as well as double down on transmedia projects.” which includes an Avatar: The Last Airbender fighting game in the case of the latter. (albeit one with some fairly questionable staffing decisions. with the linked issue also being combined with the fact they fired almost everyone at the internal fighting game studio Mane6.)

yeah when that new double dragon was getting published via Modus last year i almost bought it before reading that modus had the audacity to rehire Mike Z, the creepo that led to Lab Zero having to disband, for a new fighter. This avatar one seems to be different than the other fighter I read he was involved with, so if he truly is involved in TWO fighting games from this publisher, it sure seems like nobody at the publisher really cares about what he did.

Wonder if they bought his lame "i was forced out and slandered so I'm suing" defense he's been giving for a while now and just figured it wouldn't be noticeable if they didn't mention him lol

Either way, utterly stupid and quite bluntly that+ the mane6 stuff with TFH and just the weird "we HEAVILY discount our games and throw em in every fanatical bundle ever even if the dev doesn't want to just yet" thing they do reaaaaaaallllly makes me have big bad vibes about maximum as a whole. They really don't give a shit for anyone they partner with it feels like

Back
Top Bottom