• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Matsuno re. FFT remake requests: “First let’s play Unicorn Overlord.”

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him
https://www.gamesradar.com/final-fa...upport-the-market-for-tactical-rpgs-is-small/

The Final Fantasy Tactics director has been answering pleas for a remaster or sequel to the original tactics RPG for what feels like forever now. This time, all it took for the demands to once again resurface was Matsuno simply tweeting out a picture of his copy of Unicorn Overlord

In response to all this, Matsuno tells people to please go and play Unicorn Overlord instead. "It's nice of you to say that, but first, let's play 'Unicorn Overlord.' I pray that sales of this new simulation RPG will exceed one million copies," he writes in response to one Twitter user. "Well, calm down. How about trying to play this 'Unicorn Overload' for now?" another tweet from Matsuno reads.

FFT is a great game, but we only got a Tactics Ogre port a few months ago, and Triangle Strategy was literally Square’s take at an update of the classic isometric SRPG. It’s not like the genre hasn’t had tons of games this gen. I’m sure FFT will eventually be reworked- the industry rarely leaves gems alone forever.

I’m just happy we’ve got so many of them.
Diofield Chronicle and Redemption Reapers were fun new IP that needed a bit more time in the oven.
We also got Tactics Ogre, and TS.
Fire Emblem gave us TH and Engage.
We got remakes of Front Mission 1/2 with FM3 on the way.
There’s Arbiters Mark, or Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy, or Dark Deity for more indie spins on the fantasy SRPG.

In terms of general ‘on a grid’ strategy there’s a remaster of R-Type Tactics 1/2 coming up this year, we already had Advance Wars 1/2, plus Wargroove 1/2 and Into the Breach.

Just… I love FFT too but I’m glad we got Triangle Strategy rather than yet another remaster of a classic, even if it’s one I’d like to see again.

Then man just choose violence, and I can accept that

M85ssXj.png

FFT remaster was already on the old hacked GeForce list that's been 90% accurate, yeah? Surely a matter of time, whether or not Matsuno has anything to do with it. Worst case, War of the Lions with sprites thrown through filters.

FFT remaster was already on the old hacked GeForce list that's been 90% accurate, yeah? Surely a matter of time, whether or not Matsuno has anything to do with it. Worst case, War of the Lions with sprites thrown through filters.
I swear at the time when this was ‘leaked’ Tactics Ogre was listed and someone assumed it meant FFT and listed FFT in parenthesis. From there everyone assumed FFT was leaked and not that the og leaker was just an idiot.

I swear at the time when this was ‘leaked’ Tactics Ogre was listed and someone assumed it meant FFT and listed FFT in parenthesis. From there everyone assumed FFT was leaked and not that the og leaker was just an idiot.
That may be. Looking at this version of the list they're on the same line like this, which I previously assumed was just a formatting error. I don't know of a more raw form of the list of all 18000 listed games to sift through.
FF Tactics remaster = X (Tactics Ogre Reborn) = ✓ --- leaked by PSN

is that the hack that also mentioned the not yet seen Ace Attorney 7 and FINAL FANTASY IX Remake?

I know it's rich of a Team Asano fanboy to say this, but I keep coming back to Triangle Strategy and every time I do, it sinks its teeth into me even further. This game has so many layers of gameplay and story. It's hard to put down, even in replays. It's become one of my favorite SRPGs.

I'd be there day one for a FFT remaster, but yeah, I'm already eating good this generation.

Back
Top Bottom