• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Mass shooting at Oxford High School (4 students deceased, several people injured)

Once again, the opportunity to prevent this was staring us in the face the whole time.

Not that far from where I live, truly insane to have something like this happen "in my own backyard" as they say. The timeline the parents being on the run has me dumbfounded with how there are adults out there acting like this.

I've been following the coverage it's a truly dreadful situation. The parents in particular were practically co-conspirators, giving a disturbed teenager a gun. They're a bunch of maga chuds who think guns teach a teenage boy to be a man. I think right wing gun culture is the real perpetrator here.

In a scene right out of a Coen Brothers movie, the parents are now on the run, leaving their kid holding the bag.

It amazes me how close to home this happened, was just watching this over the news at my local diner talking with my friend about it.

Parents didn't do anything when teachers told them the student was looking at ammunition on their phone. The student was heavily bullied, parents didn't seem to care nor the school did anything adequate to help. And the weapon used at the shooting was a new gun the father bought for Black Friday.

The 15 - year old is being trialed as an adult and I'm heavily against it. That person with therapy and a stronger building environment can easily recover and adjusted to re-enter society.

Absolute tragedy, I hope the parents face jail time and the teen gets the help and a better living environment to help them improve.

But it amazes me how terrible our school system's deal with bullying, my late elementary-early middle school district was awful until I moved, my last day at school was being hunted down by my bullies until I ended up in the principal's office crying for a hour until my mom came to pick me up. Schools are just not built to handle bullying and I've witnessed so many times the person being bullied was the one to get expelled, detention or disciplined for either snapping, fighting back or doing nothing at all but reporting the issue to the principal and they suspend the person being bullied to "give them a break" and not the person who was bullying?

I really wished school's continued online teaching as a option after spending millions into the online teaching infrastructure. The answer of having to keep putting kids back into schools when they are dealing social hardship is just not the answer, it's just the easy answer for everyone else involved.

This angers me immensely. This whole thing was easily avoidable, and yet, it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom