• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Steam Marvel Overwatch Clone "Marvel Rivals" Announced

Looks fun. Maybe they'll get it on all the consoles in 2025 if it's still healthy by then.

Honestly this looks like a great time. Hopefully it turns out good. I have been wanting a overarching style game for awhile that isn't.....well...overwatch

Looking forward to this, it looks fun! It looks different enough that I've kind of dismissed the "Overwatch clone" rumours that have been circulating for the past few days. I'm a huge fan of Overwatch, but this isn't giving me the same vibes in terms of the actual gameplay (aside from Loki's ultimate essentially being the same as Echo's by the looks of it). I absolutely adore Marvel though, and have done for 30 years, so I'm super excited to give this a go. I've signed up for the closed alpha so hopefully I'll get access to it.

Marvel's Hearthstone clone, SNAP, is pretty fun, so this might be decent too?
I should get into SNAP, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

A Marvel-themed hero shooter just makes sense. The visuals are looking mighty crisp too. Just need to know if the gameplay mechanics will give it any staying power beyond the first few months.

A Marvel-themed hero shooter just makes sense. The visuals are looking mighty crisp too. Just need to know if the gameplay mechanics will give it any staying power beyond the first few months.
I used to enjoy it a lot, but some months ago it had lots of unbalanced updates and it pissed me off so much I deleted it. Hope this ones fares better in this sense.

Looks a bit slow for my taste, but that might be the third person perspective.

The artstyle is cool, and the roster is honestly pretty inspired with some cool and unexpected choices, like Magik and Penny Parker.

I'm looking forward to this when it inevitably comes to consoles (those system requirements for PC are a killer). The artstyle is great with some great designs of Marvel characters, and always up for a PvP slugfest. It'll have to go some to surpass Overwatch but this could be a sleeper hit, and they're clearly putting effort in.

It's a fun game at the core, but they never could figure out monetization, card acquisition and everything else around the actual act of playing. Basically, Ben Brode never met a board game he could crib the financial model from. And the balance team that took over after launch has shown their hand one too many times to trust them with money or, indeed, time.

I am going to go against the grain and say it looks like a game suited for mobile. Doesn't look good at all, but since it's F2P, I will probably give it a go anyway. Hopefully playing it can change my mind.

This looks better than I was expecting out of "Marvel Overwatch clone". But also, the bar there was pretty low with how Overwatch 2 has gone.

Back
Top Bottom