• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Set to release at retail (digital code + extras)

You have to download wave6 then.....i wonder if they will refresh this with all waves included.
You have to download everything. This isn't Mario Kart 8 Deluxe plus DLC on a cart, it's just a download card for the DLC plus some extra goodies like stickers.

I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't release an (almost) complete, physical release like they're doing in Japan. Same goes for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which has one with all DLC included. These games have been so successful that a larger game card size shouldn't be any trouble.

This is such a weird package. There's like no value here, lol.
really? i think it'll do quite well at retail. mk8d has sold 55 million copies, and it's safe to say most people who have the game don't have NSO. when they see this while out shopping knowing it doubles the course number for a game they love to play and it comes with some pins and stickers, i see a lot of them picking it up for their kids.

This isn't the Mario Kart 8: Victory Lap I was expecting.

I haven't actually gotten Mario Kart 8 [Deluxe] at this point, and I might have to go for this if it included everything on cartridge (for which it would have to release later, of course). I really just prefer everything to be on there.

That said, I'm sure there's an audience for this.

Maybe they're holding off on a complete Victory Lap until they can include upgrades for the next console. I can rest in my delusions.

How much? $60 or $85?

If we get a port on switch 2, and they decide to make physical cartridges, I can see them putting everything on the cart.

Back
Top Bottom