• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Man ( Nicholas Dean Des Barres) behind well-known video games accused of sending sex toys to NC teen

Is this the former Gamefan editor? Yikes if so! I remember enjoying his articles in the 90s. This taints those for sure

uh

FUCK

i knew this guy

i liked his localization works and on twitter he seemed like a pretty knowledgable guy. Fellow furry too. Pushed hard for getting Fata Morgana translated iirc

this honestly sickens me to no end so uh, yeah, I hope for the max justice possible in this case and he stays locked up for a long time.

now if you excuse me I'm gonna headdesk for not catching any signs of this behavior and for this utterly blindsiding me. We weren't close twitter mutuals much at all, but before I left twitter he at least seemed to be a cool guy in the industry

Games he worked on

Translated Japanese text and wrote final English dialogue for over 30 major video games, including:

• 'Valkyrie Profile' and 'Star Ocean: The Last Hope' — Square-Enix
• 'Metal Gear Solid 4', 'Suikoden II' and 'Metal Gear Solid Rising' (unreleased) — Konami
• 'Monster Hunter 3' and 'Breath of Fire III' — Capcom
• 'Tekken 6' and 'Tales of Vesperia' — Bandai Namco
• 'Inazuma Eleven' series — Nintendo/Level-5
• 'White Knight Chronicles' series — Sony Computer Entertainment/Level-5
• 'Dead Or Alive Dimensions' — Koei-Tecmo
• 'Guilty Gear' — Atlus/Arc System Works
• Unreleased Yasumi Matsuno Project — Publisher Unannounced
• 'Hatsune Miku Project Diva f' and 'Project MIRAI Remix' — Sega/Krypton Future Media
• 'Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~, ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ & ~Wintertide Miracles~ — Otomate/Aksys Games

uh

FUCK

i knew this guy

i liked his localization works and on twitter he seemed like a pretty knowledgable guy. Fellow furry too. Pushed hard for getting Fata Morgana translated iirc

this honestly sickens me to no end so uh, yeah, I hope for the max justice possible in this case and he stays locked up for a long time.

now if you excuse me I'm gonna headdesk for not catching any signs of this behavior and for this utterly blindsiding me. We weren't close twitter mutuals much at all, but before I left twitter he at least seemed to be a cool guy in the industry
To be honest, catching signs of deviant behaviour is really difficult. My father went to a doctor and he liked him a lot. Turned out the doctor was a serial abuser of young boys. Absolutely sickening.

Back
Top Bottom