• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Make up a video game from your childhood that didn’t exist and talk about it like it’s real.

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
Y’all ever play “Buddy Beaver in Maple Mayhem” for the SNES? It was a pretty neat puzzle platformer that I think was exclusive to Canadian video rental chain Jumbo Video. The goal of each stage was to get to the exit by biting down trees to make bridges. I remember it used a pretty neat sprite rotation effect on the falling trees but also it took way too long and you couldn’t move as they were falling. I remember the music being pretty catchy. The main theme started with the opening few bars of the Canadian national anthem but then turned into a funky little jam of a tune with weird digitized grunts on the third beat of each measure. You know how 90’s video game music was haha. You could play two player mode, player 2 played as a green Buddy Beaver I think it was Bucky Beaver? The rental didn’t come with a manual. I don’t remember the game being overly long (probably fine as it was exclusive to a rental store) but it was fun for what it was worth.

Anyway, does anyone else have any absolutely very real games from their childhood they wanna talk about?

if you didn't play grumbleflump's grand adventure for the jamicovision 32 you aren't a real jamicovision fan

coined by a friend and I while talking about scrimblo platformer gatekeeping

MV5BYmRjZmMxNjMtMWVhYy00NTUzLWIwYWQtMzU5ZWM0ZTdlNmI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAyNTUxMzA@._V1_.jpg

how many ps1 horror fans know the realest mf to grace the console

Back
Top Bottom