• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Lush x Super Mario Bros. Movie

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
LUSH are purveyors of undeniably expensive — yet undeniably nice — bathroom products. They’ve recently dropped a limited time line of Mario products to help promote the film and uh…fuck me. It all looks and sounds pretty good? Good enough that I felt the need to alert Famiboards dot com.

You can check it out here. I personally think that the Mario shower gel sounds amazing ("pomegranate juice and Persian lime oil combine to create lathers of fruity cola fragrance") and, of course, the Question Block Bath Bomb that dissolves to reveal a Mario power-up made of soap inside. (The power-up is one of five! The star is most rare.)

WpFaiPi.png

I cannot stress enough how thoroughly I placed an order. I will report back!

Yep, it's true that while Lush is generally on the ball with being cruelty-free, offering a lot of vegan products etc...they've definitely had a few missteps along the way aha. I agree that while it is not ideal to make a mistake, apologizing and trying to make up for it is at least something. And for a corporation, maybe the best to be hoped for lol

I can't wait to smell like MARIO

I ended up buying a few things yesterday from there. I got the Mario, Luigi shower gels and the question mark block bath bomb for my wife since I’m not a huge bath bomb person.

Holy shit these look amazing. Not sure I could ever justify spending $18 on a single bath bomb, but they sure are pretty to look at.

But how in the world did they miss out on making a ”Bath Bob-omb“? That would’ve been so cool.

Yep, it's true that while Lush is generally on the ball with being cruelty-free, offering a lot of vegan products etc...they've definitely had a few missteps along the way aha. I agree that while it is not ideal to make a mistake, apologizing and trying to make up for it is at least something. And for a corporation, maybe the best to be hoped for lol

Okay, big offtopic, but this is something that has been eating at me for a while:

Demanding anyone to never make mistakes is the most toxic shit you can do. Making mistakes and trying to make up for those is actually the natural way things work.

No one is perfect; people, governments, organizations, businesses. No one. We all learn by making mistakes. Demanding no one ever makes mistakes and downplaying them trying to course correct doesn't "filter out" any bad weeds. All it does is propagate weirdly stressful standards no one can meet, and teach people to double down when making mistakes, given fixing them is worth nothing.

Them fucking up and giving money to TERFs because their charity process approval is mostly hands off and crowdsourced is a mistake (That seems to not even be entirely theirs; someone found an exploitable program and took advantage of it). Them course correcting AFTER it happened isn't something, it's the right thing to do in that circumstance.

Back on topic: Seems I'm spending money at Lush this week lol

I don't really take baths (showers are quicker and easier most of the time), but I think the Question Block bath bomb that reveals a soap power up is exceedingly clever. I'm tempted to still pick one of them up...

I have tried out the Mario wash and it smells so freaking good. One of my favourite Lush things I’ve tried I think. The cola-ish scent also sent my mind to Chuckola Cola territory, which is nothing but a compliment. This all seems surprising. I guess I always assumed Mario would smell like an armpit with all of the extremely vigorous shit he gets up to. Turns out he smells wild good.

Haven’t tried the bath bomb yet but very excited about the ‘lil soap inside. Hoping for the Ice Flower one. The bath bomb looks a little bit glittery which I’m not super big on, but that’s OK. I will sparkle 4 Mario

My girlfriend and I were joking that the Mario shower gel smells like marinara and the Luigi gel smells like pesto

Tbh if it doesn't I'll be very disappointed, but I'll still probably pick up one or two of the bath bombs

This looks really cool but I have no idea if this is available in Europe.

Okay, big offtopic, but this is something that has been eating at me for a while:

Demanding anyone to never make mistakes is the most toxic shit you can do. Making mistakes and trying to make up for those is actually the natural way things work.

No one is perfect; people, governments, organizations, businesses. No one. We all learn by making mistakes. Demanding no one ever makes mistakes and downplaying them trying to course correct doesn't "filter out" any bad weeds. All it does is propagate weirdly stressful standards no one can meet, and teach people to double down when making mistakes, given fixing them is worth nothing.

Them fucking up and giving money to TERFs because their charity process approval is mostly hands off and crowdsourced is a mistake (That seems to not even be entirely theirs; someone found an exploitable program and took advantage of it). Them course correcting AFTER it happened isn't something, it's the right thing to do in that circumstance.

Back on topic: Seems I'm spending money at Lush this week lol

Preach, a big part of life is growing and learning from making mistakes. Anyone projecting ridiculously high and unnatural standards onto others has got shady skeletons in the closet they're making up for in a toxic way.

Spanish Lush at least has them listed on their website!

Preach, a big part of life is growing and learning from making mistakes. Anyone projecting ridiculously high and unnatural standards onto others has got shady skeletons in the closet they're making up for in a toxic way.

It's also this weird ongoing feeling that we're all supposed to be perfect that is honestly just stressing everyone out for no reason.

Everyone learns at their own pace and no one is born knowing. We have enough people openly doing evil shit to focus on the people making honest mistakes.

Why do I want to eat those?
Taking a bite out of the bath bomb might be a fun Pop Rocks sensation for that brief moment before the horrendous taste hits!
Not 100% on this but I believe this is a worldwide promotion! Looks like they’ve got stores in Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, and likely more

If there are any ballers out there who bought that $50 CAD Princess Peach body spray I + my wife would love to know how it is lol. I almost went for it in the excitement of my order but was not feeling quite royal enough to add it that day

I used the bath bomb! I ended up getting the fire flower soap inside, and the inner part of the bomb was also fiery orange-red. It was cinnamon city. (I think each soap is matched with a different scent.) Can't complain! Pretty sparkly now

I walked out of Lush with enough Mario products they just told me to come back next week for the stuff they didn't have in stock, lol.

Haven't used the Question Block bath bomb yet, but the Peach shower jelly is absolutely amazing. I smell like an entire truck of peaches and it's asdgsahgdgshadsag great.

Just picked up the Mario shower gel and a Gold Coin soap today.

Gosh dang this is such a random merch match up, but I'm here for it

Success! I was far from home for a car appointment today and found a lush nearby that was fully stocked on everything except the coin soap.

I only took home a ? bath bomb, but was able to sample everything else while I was there. It looked like they had actually run a lot of demos of the bath bomb throughout the day, as they had a collection of 3 of the inner soaps out to try too!

I'll report back on what I pull from the box. A nintendo blind box collaboration with lush, whew what a time

Finally used the Question Block bath bomb:
  • Pros: Smells super nice, it's slightly glittery, actually fizzles for a long time.
  • Cons: Dyes the water pee yellow.
Absolutely worth it, will pick more up next time, lol.

• Pros: Smells super nice, it's slightly glittery, actually fizzles for a long time.
I think I'm actually more concerned about the glitter on this one, than the color of the water, heh. I don't wanna carry it with me when I step out of the tub. It defeats the purpose of bathing, no?

I think I'm actually more concerned about the glitter on this one, than the color of the water, heh. I don't wanna carry it with me when I step out of the tub. It defeats the purpose of bathing, no?

The glitter itself it's not that bad, honestly. It's very small, and I don't think I got any of it to stick to my skin. It's more noticeable in the water itself sort of getting a bit of a golden reflection to it than anything.

My hair however was shinier for a bit, which... I honestly don't really mind.

What was your surprise inside?!

I think only the star leaves the tub fully pee yellow lol

I have a standard small apartment bathtub/shower, which is not super conducive towards these products. Clearly I need to buy a house, so that I can buy a bigger bathtub, so that I can properly enjoy these Mario bathing aids.

My wife loves Lush stuff, I usually go in there when looking for gifts and the staff are always super nice. Might pop in next week and see if there’s any of this stuff left. The shops are easy to find as you can smell them from the end of the street :D

I have a standard small apartment bathtub/shower, which is not super conducive towards these products. Clearly I need to buy a house, so that I can buy a bigger bathtub, so that I can properly enjoy these Mario bathing aids.

I have to bend my knees to fit on the bathtub, because it's not big enough to hold my entire body stretched flat.

It was still absolutely worth it.

My wife loves Lush stuff, I usually go in there when looking for gifts and the staff are always super nice. Might pop in next week and see if there’s any of this stuff left. The shops are easy to find as you can smell them from the end of the street :D

Seriously. You can smell ours from a block away.

Okay so after asking at my local Lush store, supposedly you're not meant to use the entire block in a single go, you're meant to take a chunk off it and use it, then another chunk another day, and so on.

This explains a lot about the Pee Bathwater Incidents ™️

Good News: Toby Fox has published a (non-paid, he clarifies this at the start) review of the soaps as part of his Famitsu column. truly one of his greatest projects yet.
Now that I'm wearing all the scents at once I've become the first person ever to smell like the Super Mario Brothers Movie. Yes this is exactly the experience you get when entering a LUSH store!

I have a few of these and seriously, that Peach gel smells absolutely amazing. I genuinely hope they make these part of the usual collection, because they smell too nice to drop!

Back
Top Bottom