• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Luigi's Mansion 2 HD — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: launch trailer + reviews are out, see threadmarks)

I never finished the game on 3DS (despite it being the game I honestly anticipated the most for the longest because of younger me watching let's plays of the first game), so I am honestly very excited to play this version of the game! It sounds like it kept some of the faults of the original (while still trying to improve them), but this does feel like the most definitive version of the game which gets be hyped! :D

I don't have much love for the first LM but I feel like it might have done better critically simply because it feels more like its own thing compared to LM2 which is more of a stepping stone to LM3. Maybe they'll announce a Hagi port soon.

I don't have much love for the first LM but I feel like it might have done better critically simply because it feels more like its own thing compared to LM2 which is more of a stepping stone to LM3. Maybe they'll announce a Hagi port soon.

We already saw LM1 do worse than this is averaging out as on the 3DS when it didn't even yet have to compete with LM3, so I doubt it does much better. People vastly overstate how good LM1 was and downplay its problems that stem from largely being a gamecube tech demo that had to meet launch deadlines.

And it'd be a massive shame to have Nintendo again just fart out a port of the original when a improved version already exists with massive QOL updates, and that, if nothing else, has Co-op and the ability to refight bosses.

Last edited:
I noticed the 0.9/10 too and had to go check the review to see what the issue was. Turns out the review was glowing throughout and it was really 9/10. Opencritic at 71 which shocked me too at first. Will definitely be back to where it was when they fix that.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

I replayed Luigi's Mansion 1 a few days ago thinking it'd get the craving out of me and instead it just made me double up on wanting to get LM2HD.

luigi.jpg

I hate this beautiful man so much.

Back
Top Bottom