• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic LTTP and RTTP |ST| I brought snacks, friends and a dissertation

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her
LTTPa.png

Hello! Glad you could stop by the PARTIES.

Welcome on in. Make sure to read the disclaimer and the rules, and get comfy. Wait a sec, we need bowls for the snacks you brought!

img90j.jpg

LTTP3.png

Anyway, it's awesome to see you here. But: What is LTTP and RTTP?

LTTP and RTTP both stands for "Late to the party" and "Returned to the party", these are impressions, thoughts and opinions on games written out, usually in a more long-form way, sometimes quite similar to a review, an editorial or maybe even an essay. We'll simply call them "thinkpieces" for this thread.

LTTP refers to writing thinkpieces about games that you are late to - that you are currently playing but that came out a while ago, either in terms of time, or in terms of games that people have stopped talking about.

RTTP refers to writing thinkpieces about games that you are replaying after having not played them for a very long time, usually older games that you still love, or want to see if they still hold up.

So - This is a thread where we write about the games we've played that are either LTTP or RTTP, and where we discuss and comment each other's thoughts and opinions.

LTTP4.png

This thread is not replacing the RTTP/LTTP tags on the forum, nor is it meant to discourage anyone from making their own LTTP or RTTP thread with their own thinkpiece, which is both a-ok and encouraged.

This thread is meant to be a gathering hub for thinkpieces and discussions about LTTP's and RTTP's that people might not want to make a standalone thread about.

LTTP2.png

1. This is a thread mainly for thinkpieces, which are longer-form posts. There is no pressure to write long posts for the sake of it if you feel like that it's out of your comfort zone. With that being said at least three paragraphs is ideal for your thinkpiece. Every thinkpiece will be threadmarked.

2. No "format" is required - the only requirement is that the name of the game and what it is (LTTP or RTTP) should be at the top of the post, bolded and preferrably in a slightly larger font size.

3. Do we really need more rules?
This is a party, after all.

LTTP1.png

1. Please note that this is not a thread exclusively for thinkpieces and text-dumps. Participate, and comment! The goal isn't to make an essay index, but to spark discussion and conversation.
2. If you're a wordy person, don't hold back!
3. When reading what other people have written, grab something to drink! Nothing like a Pikmin 3 thinkpiece to a good weekend espresso.

Wihoo!

relieved to see that the barrier of entry is kept low. I think the greatest utility of this thread will be more brief impressions from people less inclined to write an essay

on the flip side, it being a place for long-form ones is a great use of a thread like this too. I could see it encouraging essays from people who do like writing but aren't interested in making a thread

very glad to see this thread made

Got a bit of a LTTP meets RTTP here, as I have finally found myself in the mood to pick up my first playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses from where I had left it off back when it released. Back then, I experienced some strategy game related burnout, which was the main reason I dropped it, and I have meant to get back to it eventually ever since.

Some details on how far I made it back then before I dropped it:
  • played up until and including Chapter 7
  • did the first two Paralogue missions as they became available
  • did the first Divine Paralogue from DLC
What happened so far since having returned to the game:
  • played up until and including Chapter 16
  • did the Emblem Paralogue missions for Lucina, Lyn, and Ike
  • Etie has been promoted to Sniper and somehow procs a lot more crits than she has any business to – low-key MVP at this point
  • Yunaka has been promoted to Wolf Knight, and makes for a pretty good dodge-tank to keep enemies occupied, especially when coupled with Merrin
  • I am having fun again

Back
Top Bottom