• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro LRG is publishing a Felix the Cat collection on PS4/PS5/Switch/PC

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Konami being the publisher means it's likely just the NES game and the Game Boy game, which were initally published by Hudson Soft before they got swallowed up by them.

there were titles on the Playstation 1 and the Game Boy Color, but those were handled by completely different publishers and are as such quite unlikely (though not impossible, considering the Aladdin and Lion King collection was eventually able to add the Capcom developed SNES Aladdin game alongside the Virgin developed Genesis title.) to be bundled in.

Wonder if Geoff got the keys to this MEGATON announcement at the Game Awards.

Fr though, I'm excited. Felix was the first cartoon I ever watched, so I think this'll be a nice little piece on the collection.

More out of left field ressurections like this please!

Smells like a LRG release to me; the lack of Xbox is an indicator plus the bill/ted and boy/blob sets are kinda similar. And not that good emulation wise.

I also heard rumblings they tried to get konami stuff for the carbon engine a while ago and i remember the last magazine they threw in with an order of mine teased Ninja Five O coming back in some way, but that was nearly two years ago... Wonder if that's another port?

i remember the last magazine they threw in with an order of mine teased Ninja Five O coming back in some way, but that was nearly two years ago...
it seems likely Nintendo picked it up for NSO, considering it was one of the ROMs included in the leaked early version of the emulator.

FQpwe8AaUAAgLX8.png:orig

any plans LRG had for the game were likely canned becase of that.
And yet still no Symphony of the Night for switch?
the issue has always been that Castlevania Requiem (the PS4 collection) was likely using Sony's 1st-party PSP emulator, and as such making another port of the game would require it to be completely redone from scratch.

And yet still no Symphony of the Night for switch?
I relented and bought it for PS4 in a recent sale. It's a double pack with Rondo of Blood. I'm trying to go through all the mainline Castlevania games and was hoping by the time I reached Symphony Konami would understand how easy it is to print money on Switch.

the issue has always been that Castlevania Requiem (the PS4 collection) was likely using Sony's 1st-party PSP emulator, and as such making another port of the game would require it to be completely redone from scratch.
That makes sense but couldn't Konami simply emulate the original PS1 code? Could throw it in with another bunch of Castlevania games like Chronicles from that era. Admittedly though I'd like a more polished port with the option to change between old and new translation and voice acting. And how about the Saturn exclusive extras and finishing off the unfinished areas of the castle that never made it into the original release? (Nah that would be too much effort!)

it seems likely Nintendo picked it up for NSO, considering it was one of the ROMs included in the leaked early version of the emulator.

There's an Android version so this is a really lame excuse. Also Super Castlevania 4, is a Snes game and its avaliable on Ps4.

Im wondering if Konami have some remastering plans for the PSP title that include new emulated version of Rondo og and Sotn

surprised the Rocket Knight collection wasn’t the one to leak first, considering that’s the more highly demanded of the two.
also LRG is making a full line of Felix merch now. for some reason.
GDlGXv8WIAAXYNI.jpg:orig

also LRG is making a full line of Felix merch now. for some reason.
It probably has better profit margins than the cartridges. Although I honestly do not understand why they started doing skate decks but I'm definitely clued in on this stuff at all.

it's officially out, and seems to include a previously unreleased Japanese localization of the NES game.

it was promoted on various Japanese magazines of the time, but it should be noted the release in the collection is definitely modified for legal and lotcheck reasons. (I.E. the copyright is updated to mention Dreamworks, "Press Start" is changed on systems that use different naming for that button.)

Back
Top Bottom