• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Lorelei and the Laser Eyes |ST| Fuzzy Optics

mazi

picross pundit
XRVhoIV.jpeg

[GENERAL INFO]

Developer:
Simogo
Publisher: Annapurna Interactive
Platform: Nintendo Switch and Steam
Release Date: May 16, 2024
Price: $24.99, €22.99, £19.99, CAN$32.99
Supported Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese
Game Size: 1.2 GB
Game Icon:
QeSCQ71.png

[DO YOU REMEMBER THE MAZE?]

A woman, summoned by an eccentric man to participate in a project in an old hotel somewhere in central Europe, becomes embroiled in a game of illusions, increasingly dangerous and surreal.

Now you are invited to fall into the same rabbit hole, in a non-linear mystery with an immense amount of handcrafted puzzles, constantly presenting you with new riddles to solve, each leading you closer to deciphering the enigma of Lorelei and the Laser Eyes.

[INSPIRATION COLLAGE]

H3aGlDB.jpeg

[LINKS & TRAILERS]

Metacritic (87)
OpenCritic (87)
Reveal trailer
Maze trailer
Relese date trailer
Launch trailer
Original soundtrack

8Vb4pKc.gif

Last edited:
More devs need to highlight where their sources of inspiration comes from behind the games they make, just because it's cool as hell. The media I do recognize, is excellent taste, so I'm curious to know what other surprises may lie in store when I pick this up.

More devs need to highlight where their sources of inspiration comes from behind the games they make, just because it's cool as hell. The media I do recognize, is excellent taste, so I'm curious to know what other surprises may lie in store when I pick this up.
simogo has done it in the past for their games. this is what they made for their previous game (sayonara wild hearts)

IkkuIoQ.jpeg

simogo has done it in the past for their games. this is what they made for their previous game (sayonara wild hearts)

IkkuIoQ.jpeg
Stuff like this has me giggling like Hedonismbot.

I already loved the soundtrack going into the game, but I never would have expected Kavinsky to influence that game but it makes so much sense in hindsight. This whole visual makes me want to do a full replay of SWH to appreciate the finer details once again haha

btw, the official simogo website recently got a massive redesign, and now all the games have new pages with a lot of interesting info and tidbits. you can check out the page for lorelei here:

Think I’m gonna hold off until I’m done with Animal Well, but once that’s wrapped I’m all in on this. Can’t wait, looks fantastic.

I've got too much to play for now, but I'm looking forward to playing Lorelei in the next year or two!

Thank you for the excellent ST @mazi!
Is there a content warning out there for the game as of yet? For horror-esque stuff I'm always extra wary of what the content will be.

oh my god! when you listen to the radio in the car, the theme song for bumpy road plays!

edit: wait! if you do it over and over it plays music from ALL their past games!

edit: it doesn't end. i think they've put a short version of every piece of music from all their past 8 games into this game, just for an easter egg at the very start. it's really paying off being a fan of them for 15 years.

Last edited:
played about a half hour on my lunch break—I don’t think this needed to be a one-button game lol, but I’m super impressed by the presentation overall. it’s incredibly slick. can feel a lot of the inspirations from that collage right off the bat, especially Resident Evil, plus a tiny smidge of Kentucky Route Zero.
can’t wait to get into more of the puzzles

I didn’t like Sayonara Wild Hearts at all despite its supposed inspirations being some of my favorite games, but so far this one is a lot of fun. I can definitely see the Mystery House influences already.

It runs great on Switch, but I agree it didn't need to be a one button game. Some actions like closing menus are unnecessarily tedious because of that.

So far is okayish... first puzzles left a sour impression on me because they felt too gamey or taken from your standard escape room and maybe I was expecting something different. However, barely two hours in.

I’m only half an hour in and already have a massive headache.

This game is going to be exhausting to play but I’m gonna love it for it.

Only around 2 hours in but loving it so far. Great atmosphere and I love the game's approach to puzzles. I do agree that the one button approach seems a bit unnecessary? Maybe my opinion will change as I get further in on that, but either way it's not a big deal to me

I didn't have to work much yesterday, so I played the hell out of it. About 6 hours in or so I've got almost 50% completion. I absolutely love it. I went out for a walk yesterday after playing the game and I kept thinking about some of the puzzles that had me stumped and the possible solutions to them.

I only played two hours or so up till now, but enjoying the game and the puzzles had me hooked. Some nice brain teasers but after an initial sense of disorientation and feeling overwhelmed (with how much there was to read/discover) it all came together quite quickly in the end.

What actually felt a bit like a letdown so far is actually the story that I've seen praised a lot in reviews. I like the atmosphere but the story hasn't really hooked me so far.

Also very strange choices for how the controls work. Browsing through these menus could have been made a lot easier.

All in all happy with my purchase, it definitely got me hooked and thinking about it.

What actually felt a bit like a letdown so far is actually the story that I've seen praised a lot in reviews. I like the atmosphere but the story hasn't really hooked me so far.
I'll echo this. So far it seems like a bunch of crazy mumbo jumbo. I'm pretty certain I'll have to look for a plot explanation online once I'm done.

Weirdly, though, I'm still somewhat interested in the plot.

I played a bit more during my lunch break and got to about 60%. Finally figured out the damn piano puzzle, which was driving me crazy. That ended up opening up the game quite a bit, as I was stuck roaming around the mansion for a while.

Double-posting to ask for help. I'm 84% done and this puzzle is stopping me from progressing any further.

Has anyone figured out the puzzle involving a diorama and a printing machine?

Here's what I got so far:

Looking at the diorama I've been able to get the following code:

Z1 (Upper Case)
e2 (Lower Case)
a3 (Lower Case)
M4 (Upper Case)

However, typing ZeaM on the machine yields no results. I've also tried ZeeaaaMMMM with no luck.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Oooops. I just figured it out.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but I’m starting to get quickly worn out. I have like 15 locked doors to get through, 15 pages of clues, no idea of where to go and tired of walking around and trying to figure out what goes where only to find myself fatigued.

Any tips on where to start and how to properly get into the groove?

Hate to say it but I’m starting to get quickly worn out. I have like 15 locked doors to get through, 15 pages of clues, no idea of where to go and tired of walking around and trying to figure out what goes where only to find myself fatigued.

Any tips on where to start and how to properly get into the groove?
depends how far in you are, but have you been to the player character's room yet? I've been surprised multiple times by the realization that the game wasn't going to provide any more clues and, as a result, I already had all the information I needed to start opening new areas—once you've been to her room, you have access to everything you need to open a half-dozen or so new rooms, and to solve the puzzles you find in those rooms. I also found myself similarly aimless early on (they give you access to so many documents right off the bat lol) but have been in a solid groove since that point.
I'm happy to give a more specific hint if that's the point you're at, but also I think you can call the man using the lobby phone and request an in-game hint at any point

I'm doing one of the last puzzles and I'm messing up something.

It's the supercomputer.

I'm pretty sure I've got the username and password right. Plus, there's only one relation between vision and year that I'm not sure of. Yet, I've tried all possible combinations for that vision/year and I've failed to login. Something's obviously wrong, but I've tripe checked (quadruple checked, actually) everything and still nothing.

Guess I'll try again tomorrow with a fresh brain.

Last edited:
depends how far in you are, but have you been to the player character's room yet? I've been surprised multiple times by the realization that the game wasn't going to provide any more clues and, as a result, I already had all the information I needed to start opening new areas—once you've been to her room, you have access to everything you need to open a half-dozen or so new rooms, and to solve the puzzles you find in those rooms. I also found myself similarly aimless early on (they give you access to so many documents right off the bat lol) but have been in a solid groove since that point.
I'm happy to give a more specific hint if that's the point you're at, but also I think you can call the man using the lobby phone and request an in-game hint at any point

Coulld you point me to her room?

That might get me off to a proper start.

I believe here room number is 2014.

The guy who's in the hotel with you will tell you where you can find the key to it.

Keep at it. The game ought to have a few moments when you will walk around not knowing what to do, but when you figure something out it's a hell of a feeling.

I just beat it and this is certainly one of the best puzzle games ever.

once you've explored the rest of the hotel for a bit (which it sounds like you have), when you come back to the lobby you should have a conversation that points you toward the key (you have to go into the computer room to the left and then through the other door in the back to get behind the lobby's front desk—this took me awhile to spot lol), then solve a small puzzle based on the letter to unlock the cabinet. after that, her room is on the third floor, up both flights of stairs.

I believe here room number is 2014.

The guy who's in the hotel with you will tell you where you can find the key to it.

Keep at it. The game ought to have a few moments when you will walk around not knowing what to do, but when you figure something out it's a hell of a feeling.

I just beat it and this is certainly one of the best puzzle games ever.
Hey there Earthbounder, since you've beaten the game, may I ask for some spoiler-tagged info or trigger warnings? Particularly related to any violence to animals or disturbing things happening to animals, but also if there's none of that in the game I'd really appreciate some details on how scary the game is and what type of horror content is in the game.

Back
Top Bottom