• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Lorelei and the Laser Eyes announced for Switch and Steam, from the developers of Sayonara Wild Hearts (UPDATE: release date trailer, coming May 16th)

Well, that was something. Kinda hoped some deep dive gameplay and a release date, got neither.

Well, that was something. Kinda hoped some deep dive gameplay and a release date, got neither.
i wouldn't expect any traditional gameplay trailers from this one, that's going to be part of the surprise in playing the game. i'm bummed about no release date too but it really looks like something special, i can wait as long as needed.

ok well assuming the repeated four letter word in the cypher at the end is "MAZE" we've got:

_ E _ _ A _ E / MAZE
_ E _ E A _ E M / _ _
A / _ A _ E _ / MAZE

but it could also be "game" i guess, which would only also change that one M in the second row
and the first letter on the second and third rows could be R? or B? i'm sure someone on reddit or whatever has already cracked it though lol

Screen-Shot-2023-06-29-at-1-45-12-PM.png

let's decode the message
screenshot2023-06-29a36f49.png

i think this has to be A
screenshot2023-06-29akvcq5.png

which means this is S or T (as or at)
screenshot2023-06-29afiews.png

edit: using the A letter, we'll have this

screenshot2023-06-29axxcs4.png

Last edited:
lmao i'd also just cracked it using an online cryptogram tool....love it

pls disregard my disastrously off-base attempt above

well the code will be useful if that alphabet is also going to be used in game 🙃
You better believe if that kinda stuff is in the game I will simply be looking up the solution online rather than attempting to cross-reference codes from trailers, haha

You better believe if that kinda stuff is in the game I will simply be looking up the solution online rather than attempting to cross-reference codes from trailers, haha
i get the vibe that like fez and the witness, you'll need some pen and paper to get thru this game. i don't know if there will be much to the game if one just looks up the puzzles online.

Hope this game is great. Sayonara Wild Hearts was an incredible experience, and I still listen to that OST. This looks very different, but I'm definitely gonna give it a shot whenever it comes out

Hope this game is great. Sayonara Wild Hearts was an incredible experience, and I still listen to that OST. This looks very different, but I'm definitely gonna give it a shot whenever it comes out
if this intrigues you and you have an ios device, i recommend checking out the devs older adventure games year walk and device 6. i think those will give you a good idea of what to expect from this game.

if this intrigues you and you have an ios device, i recommend checking out the devs older adventure games year walk and device 6. i think those will give you a good idea of what to expect from this game.
Ahh dang I actually don't have an ios device. But looks like Year Walk at least is on Steam! Thank you for the rec, I will take a look

the recent issue of edge magazine has a glowing 6 page preview of the game, it made me even more excited about the game than i was. this is going to be something really special.

Best news to come out of Indie World. So close! And the previews make it sound like it'll be worth all the wait...

yeah I’m really psyched for this, very happy to finally have a date. kinda tuned out when the trailer came on because I’ve seen enough already but those preview blurbs make it sound very promising. I just hope the puzzles aren’t too straightforward!

Back
Top Bottom