• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Loop8: Summer of Gods coming to Switch/PS4/Xbox One and Steam on June 6, 2023

Bokuringo

Like Like
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

FnzzbakXEAALnvy.jpg

Getting this day 1. It's been a while since we got a game from Marvelous that's not Story of Seasons/Rune Factory. And the surge of Japanese school setting JRPG's is not surprising at all after Persona's success: This, Blue Reflection, Monark, Caligula Effect...

Here's an older trailer for people to get more impressions of the game.

Just looks like a chill game set in 1980s small town Japan with an appealing style. Don't mess up the gameplay and it's a must-have.

This is right up my alley. A bit of a shame that the guy characters look so dull compared to the girls, though. Guys like fashion too!

I'm running out of steam with Tears of the Kingdom, and with the next major release being FFXVI, I've been looking for something to fill some time in June.

This game looks like it has an interesting premise, but the reviews combined with the price are giving me pause. I think I will wait for more impressions after it releases. If this one doesn't pan out, I might go for Persona 3 Portable instead.

That's a bummer. I really like the artstyle and wanted the game to be good. Maybe someday when the price dropped deep enough.

Reading the reviews, it sounds like combat is not great. I would love it if they threw in a late demo, cause I can deal with all the other issues, but bad combat is a deal breaker.

No one here is playing this, eh?

I've put about 3 1/2 hours into it so far (Switch version). It's... interesting? Not what I expected, honestly, but don't take that the wrong way. (I assumed from the get-go I'd like it, so pre-ordered it and then never paid attention to it again.)

It's far more ADV/VN than RPG, in my experience so far. That's OK, though the VN bits aren't the most exciting. The few battles I've participated in until now also haven't been the most thrilling, but they got the job done.

The game is more obtuse than I thought it would be, too. It took me a while to understand what I'm supposed to be doing. Actually, I'm not 100% sure I'm clear on that, but I understand things enough to move the game forward and enjoy it at the same time.

I'll pop back in later to share additional thoughts should I continue with the game and make a bit more progress. If anyone has any questions in the meantime, by all means speak up!

Back
Top Bottom