• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Looking back, the N64 era feels the most existentially dire era for Nintendo prior to the Wii U.

It was bad....like really, really bad. Seeing games promised never coming to fruition, being teased fraudulent tech demos of non-existent games, and outright cancelled games. There's a reason why I don't have a high opinion on the N64, and the lack of games played a big part in that. Thank goodness for the PlayStation and later, Dreamcast...

I'm glad that the GameCube was what I wanted from a Nintendo console during that specific generation.

The N64 droughts may have been bad. But I think people always viewed it as a quality over quantity system. The Nintendo 64 was the place for the best and latest in multiplayer and 3D gaming tech, while the PlayStation was the best overall system.

I think the GameCube was seen as way more of a joke with it's kiddy image, divisive entries in main franchises, and lack of online.

Back
Top Bottom