• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News LISA: The Painful RPG Remake/Sequel/??? Teased, More Info 6/6 UPDATE: LISA: Definitive Edition Releases July 18th

Toad King

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him

Well this is out of nowhere. Last I heard Dingaling was working on a new game so maybe this is something made up in the meantime?

YESSSSSS

EDIT: if we also get a Switch port of the original and the DLC then that’s pretty much all the major EB-like games accounted for. Which would be quite the feat.

LISA: Definitive Edition Announced
Definitive edition confirmed

That’s neat, one of the few older PC indie hits that never came to console. Uses the features too. Hopefully it lives to the hype, I didn’t like Undertale for reference but I remember back then people saying this did it first and better

🎉 🎉 🎉

I didn’t like Undertale for reference but I remember back then people saying this did it first and better
Technically OFF did it first back in 2008 🙃

But yea, if you came to Undertale expecting something close to Mother/Earthbound then LISA the Painful is the game you were probably looking for (at least mechanically). That said, the game is a lot darker and edgier than anything the Mother series did, which makes it really hard to recommend because it doesn't pull any punches. But it's incredibly worth playing if you can get through the jank, the way the game will absolutely push back on you, and certain subject matters. There's no other game like it really.

I feel like this trilogy and the Anodyne games are the most important Weird Games I’ve missed in recent memory. Will give the first one a try on Switch next month and go from there! Seems like a lot of effort put into the ports.

Will give the first one a try on Switch next month and go from there!
Not sure if you're talking about this release specifically (vs. the Anodynes) or LISA: The First which isn't included. If my understanding is correct (as I haven't played it myself) LTF is more akin to Yume Nikki whereas Painful/Joyful are clearly Mother-likes. That said, you don't really need to know anything from LTF to "enjoy" Painful/Joyful (although I think it explains some of the deeper backstory for some of the characters which you can also surface out of a wiki).

But it is a short game (HLTB clocks it in around 1-2 hours) or you can find LPs on YT to watch instead.

Is it actually good? It always looked edgy in a juvenile way to me, but I'm totally down to be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom