• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Limited Run games event 3 happening on 7-12-2023 at 4pm ET / 1pm PT for 20+ new digital and physical announcements!

I really, really hate dealing with this company, but every once in a while they rope us in with exclusive publications like Doom Eternal for Switch. Part of me is kind of hoping nothing of that caliber gets announced...

I truly detest the artificial scarcity Limited Run Games leans into. Still, I don’t know if I’ll ever be free of that mess.

Me: I’m done with Limited Run Games. Its business practices are shady as hell.
Limited Run Games: Pre-orders are now open for a physical copy of some Game Boy game.
Me:
IMG-9867.jpg

Neat! Don’t think I’ve ordered from them this year, kind of been a dearth of indie games I want physically. Does Sea of Stars have a physical release planned with anyone? That, TEVI, and Momodora 5 are the bigger indies I hope get physical releases coming up.

Also, doubt they could move so swiftly, but hoping companies like them will step up for stuff like Alan Wake II and Like A Dragon Gaiden if Remedy and Sega don’t change course.

Don't know, I prefer to import the asia versions than this, time and even price sometimes is cheaper. besdes wasn't Embraces with financial issues? Cause I believe this would be one of the thing they would actually get rid off

After all the crap they pulled, they can stick any of the announcements where the sun doesn't shine.

LRG is handling the Kickstarter edition:

I would assume they're going to do the general release as well

Cool! Appreciate it. Yeah if Sea of Stars turns out as well as it looks like it could, I’d prefer to just order a physical copy and wait to play it rather than double dip since I’m guessing it’ll be on the more expensive side.

LRG is handling the Kickstarter edition:

I would assume they're going to do the general release as well

I hope not, because LRG not having a distribution deal in Europe makes their games so very expensive to deal with and I really want a physical copy of Sea of Stars.

I find it baffling that LRG didnt set up a european distribution when they got picked up by Embracer.

I hope not, because LRG not having a distribution deal in Europe makes their games so very expensive to deal with and I really want a physical copy of Sea of Stars.

I find it baffling that LRG didnt set up a european distribution when they got picked up by Embracer.
An European distribution branch is supposed to launch this year:
Finally, the most exciting change we’re making is implementing our European shipping branch to better serve our customers across the Atlantic. We’re partnering with GOE (Game Outlet Europe) out of Karlstad, Sweden, which will handle our warehouse and fulfillment operations. Alongside the new fulfillment center, Limited Run will launch a Europe-facing website around the same time.

We’ll have more details to share in the coming months, but you can expect our European operations to launch in 2023!
Then again, with how often LRG suffers from schedule slippage I wouldn't be shocked if this doesn't happen until much later.

Full presentation here:

I know there's individual threads for most of this but i'm sorta whelmed. There's the expected meme games and nostalgia bait. Shantae GBA is neat.

I'm probably in for the Castlevania GBA collection and Madness to round out my Konami and Zeboyd Switch collections. I'm disappointed in the lack of anything Kunio. At this point I'm guessing Wayforward was driving most of those releases and something is up with the Arc System Works relationship as DD Gaiden is getting a physical release not through LRG and there was no sight of Kunio Three Kingdoms at this presentation.

Full presentation here:

I know there's individual threads for most of this but i'm sorta whelmed. There's the expected meme games and nostalgia bait. Shantae GBA is neat.

I'm probably in for the Castlevania GBA collection and Madness to round out my Konami and Zeboyd Switch collections. I'm disappointed in the lack of anything Kunio. At this point I'm guessing Wayforward was driving most of those releases and something is up with the Arc System Works relationship as DD Gaiden is getting a physical release not through LRG and there was no sight of Kunio Three Kingdoms at this presentation.

I always thought it was something case by case and the license with Wayforward was more about RCG than Kunio (which technically are 2 different licenses) and that's why DDG it's not published by them

I always thought it was something case by case and the license with Wayforward was more about RCG than Kunio (which technically are 2 different licenses) and that's why DDG it's not published by them
Yea, I think that’s what I’m finally realizing. The DDIV and Brawler collection getting a physical release in the US via LRG is what made me think there was a wider involvement from Arc. But it’s looking like it’s time to import.

I really, really hate dealing with this company, but every once in a while they rope us in with exclusive publications like Doom Eternal for Switch. Part of me is kind of hoping nothing of that caliber gets announced...
DOOM Eternal was the first and so far only time I've bought from them, and boy do they take their sweet time lol

I didn’t have time to watch this, but I’m definitely picking up a physical copy of Chicory and probably This Way Madness Lies. Intrigued by Shantae when that inevitably comes elsewhere and Arzette, but those I’d likely get digital for.

I spy the Castlevania Advance collection finally in print- that's the last item I ever need from them!!! 😂

Finally what is prophesied has arrived.*

Welp, it happened lol

Honestly this exceeded my expectations quite a bit. Wasn't big on their presentation from last year so I didn't expect much.

Shantae Advance
Clock Tower
Castlevania advance
Gex
Tomball
That Victorian slapping game
Jurassic collection
Rollercoaster tycoon 3

I'm unfamiliar with limited run games. Are these new games only going to be sold on their website or will they also be on the eshop?
They're doing digital releases too.
So they will be on the eshop.
Atleast in America.

Has been hit or miss for some games in Europe.

There's a rule on the PS Store and Nintendo eShop (and I'm sure the Xbox Store) :
You CAN'T release a retail game without a digital release. So if there's a retail, there's a digital.

But what about Demon Throttle which markets itself as a physical only Switch game?
I don’t know but this rule is what forced Strictly LImited Games & Factor 5 to release the Turrican Anthology Vol. 1 & 2 on both the eShop and PS Store alongside the limited retail release.

I absolutely don’t understand how Devolver DIGITAL (lol) managed to do it.

EDIT :
This is also why SLG had to release the complete versions of their collections (like Wonder Boy Anniversary Collection) on the eShop instead of just a very limited retail release.

I don’t understand how having your game in retail ONLY is a plus for your game. This makes it less available all around the world, in limited quantities and will obviously bring scalpers. Brillant.

Back
Top Bottom