• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (Yakuza 8) confirmed for early 2024, and it's taking the series to AMERICA

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

well, Hawaii at least. which fits considering what would eventually become SEGA was founded there.

FyX6UsrWYAE7shP.jpg:orig

FyX6UsqXwAItnGy.jpg:orig

i suppose this confirms KJoryu is working for the CIA or some similar group in Gaiden? i wonder if the evil CIA agent from 3 will get revived somehow?

Looks great, I vibe a lot with Yakuza's humor.

It's time to finally catch up with the franchise, I've only played 0 (and loved it).

This is going to be great! Loved Yakuza 7, really excited to see what the Hawaiian setting in 8 will be like!

Naha was the second best location in the game (behind Onomichi), so can't wait for Hawaiian shenanigans.

Into my veins, as with every game this studio develops.

Looks great, I vibe a lot with Yakuza's humor.

It's time to finally catch up with the franchise, I've only played 0 (and loved it).

Take your time and don't burn yourself out. There's so many games, you're in for a treat! Also, Judgment and Lost Judgment are both well worth checking out too, they're also some of the best games SEGA has ever put out.

This game was the only one during the showcase where I didn't particularly care that it wasn't gameplay. Everyone knows what a Yakuza plays like, and it was actually funny as opposed to "well, that's awkward" things that just won't die. 7 was my favorite, so hoping 8 will be just as good

new cutscene footage

from the RGG summit, which otherwise focused on Like A Dragon Gaiden. (there's a second one happening sometime this fall. which is probably where the big info is going to be)

the implications here are interesting. who's Kiryu's romantic partner? is shipping him with Majima finally canon?

they've also made a statement about the title. since people are having a bit of trouble noticing the infinity symbol is meant to be an 8 flipped sidways.

from the RGG summit, which otherwise focused on Like A Dragon Gaiden. (there's a second one happening sometime this fall. which is probably where the big info is going to be)

the implications here are interesting. who's Kiryu's romantic partner? is shipping him with Majima finally canon?

they've also made a statement about the title. since people are having a bit of trouble noticing the infinity symbol is meant to be an 8 flipped sidways.

Kiryu got sick of being a virgin in his 50s I guess and kept singing Baka Mitai enough times to someone?

I reckon it's a new character he's with.

Back
Top Bottom