• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Level-5 announces DECAPOLICE for Nintendo Switch and PS4/PS5 (UPDATE: open world game, delayed to 2024?)

Wait, what?!

Did the scope change or something? I wonder what happened, but you don't just delay a game that was supposed to release really soon for 1-2 (or more) years. For sure something happened during development (could be both good or bad) for them to decide this, and hopefully it is for the better of the game.

Wait, what?!

Did the scope change or something? I wonder what happened, but you don't just delay a game that was supposed to release really soon for 1-2 (or more) years. For sure something happened during development (could be both good or bad) for them to decide this, and hopefully it is for the better of the game.

They delayed basically their entire slate. None of the games look like they're the result of bad development, in fact, the scope of several of them look incredible, but evidently the previous release dates were overly optimistic.

With this delay, Switch and Switch 2 release is likely right, similar to PS4/5?
I think Decapolice and Layton are probably at least cross-gen at this point; Layton I could see having been moved to Switch 2 entirely if the new system has something that'd make note-taking/touch screen puzzles easier (like either a second screen or a phone-pairing feature)

With this delay, Switch and Switch 2 release is likely right, similar to PS4/5?

I’m increasingly less likely to buy games on the current Switch, so in my eyes pivoting to a next gen release is a very smart move. I really hope that’s the case.

Why are they always so needlessly complicated? I get that they don‘t have much presence in the west anymore, but doing a simple press release shouldn‘t be too much to ask of a company this size.

Back
Top Bottom