• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion let's rank months

What is the best month?

• Total voters

Raccoon

Fox Brigade
Pronouns
He/Him
there are twelve months in a year in the gregorian calendar. georgian calendar? gregarious calendar? anyway let's rank the months

I do not care what you do. but I recommend including what hemisphere you live in. if you feel like it, you could explain each choice. that's what I'll do

sorry for this thread. I am not on the computer. kind regards

the poll is for best month. you can change your vote, so if someone convinces you you could change your vote

fuck february

thank you for reading

hell yeah
uhjVknO.png

May is the best month. Spring has sprung, the weather is perfect, school is wrapping up, my birthday is in May, etc.

Northern Hemisphere

School tried to teach us all at a very young age to hate September, but the truth of the matter is that once School is no longer an issue, September is frankly a flawless month. It’s cooling off, no more unbearably hot summer. At the beginning of the month it’s perfectly warm (without being hot) and by the end of the month you can go outside in a hoodie and jeans and be comfortable. The trees juuust start changing colours. You don’t have to worry about spooky shit because Halloween is still a month away. It has Labour Day! A day off specifically because you deserve a day off for working so hard. Name another month that respects you like September!

northern hemisphere, September apologist

February fuckin’ sucks

I was never a big spring fan but i like how fuckin’ silly some of the shit is, and i like things coming back to life

May got a boost in my rankings recently since I got married in it (and June but y’know)

northern hemisphere, September apologist

February fuckin’ sucks

I was never a big spring fan but i like how fuckin’ silly some of the shit is, and i like things coming back to life

May got a boost in my rankings recently since I got married in it (and June but y’know)
I don’t think anyone would argue FOR February tbh. Genuinely the worst month. Only redeeming quality of February is that it’s short

I don’t think anyone would argue FOR February tbh. Genuinely the worst month. Only redeeming quality of February is that it’s short
the Februarists will shock us all

Hmm, gotta be September. Pleasant weather, lots of outdoor sports going on, nothing especially stressful going on, it’s just all around nice.

May has the fewest compromises. The weather is generally nice. The temperature is right in that sweet spot. While I have seasonal allergies because plants keep pollinating all over my face and life, I still prefer Spring revival over Autumn decay.

Since we’re talking about months, I’ll advocate for the International Fixed Calendar.

doing it from bottom to top like a watchmojo video

context: I live in the northern hemisphere in a region with a temperate seasonal climate

12. February
god I hate february. the annual novelty of winter has by now faded, and indeed the weather usually sucks anyway. additionally, I have never been what you would call a romantic gamer so I hate valentine's day. worse than either is the crushing reality of resolution fatigue as the realities of life and habit hold back your dreams. the only cool thing about it is leap day and that's once ever four years. shit month

11. October
eat shit and die october. I hate spooky crap, hate halloween, hate all the candy, fuck you. every year I see candy corn and think maybe I'll like it again like I did as a kid and fuck that I don't. weather is usually alright, I like autumn, but september and november are both better. also it's called octo-ber despite being the tenth month because of julius and augustus, a problem that pervades the back half of the year. terrible

10. December
I spend most of the month dreading christmas, only enjoying the not quite a week of anticipation for a new year. christmas sucks and december sucks, but when there's snow I quite like that. overall pretty bad month

9. August
with the stinkers out of the way now things will get a bit more interesting. august really is fine. spoilers but I like summer and I like heat, but august is generally a little too stinky where I live. plus I am imbued with childhood (and college) memories of summer break ending and going back to school. mid month

8. November
autumn is a beautiful season, and early november is its peak some seasons. without the scourge of halloween one can truly appreciate the clear air and beauty of fall, as well as its pleasant weather. thanksgiving kinda stinks but I like it better than most holidays. overall I like november pretty well

7. September
now this is getting legitimately hard because september is a bomb ass month. everything nice I said about november applies here, especially in years when autumn comes early. as a kid I was always by now adjusted to and enjoying the routine of school, and it always felt like the most standard month. great month, great weather, but not even top half

6. April
I'm gonna be real with you all, spring is awesome but I can't for the life of me tell april and may apart. I think april is great, and it being roughly the middle of spring is appealing, but I prefer march and may

5. May
may has slightly better weather than april most years and also benefits from the anticipation of summer. with exams far behind me they no longer weigh on my mind, instead only evoking fond memories of younger days. good ass month

4. January
surprise fuckers winter's back. despite how this list is trending I really do enjoy the cold, and where I live january is the best time to find it. it's also a month of new beginnings, full of hope and opportunity. it is a beautiful and exciting time that I genuinely find spiritually fulfilling. this is the start of the top tier months

3. March
march is fucking fire. the only thing better than anyicipation of summer is the anticipation of spring. watching green return in real time as the weather warms is rejuvenating. also I was born about halfway through so that's always kinda fun. I kind of hate celebrating my birthday but it provides a january-esque moment of reflection. so yeah march slaps

2. July
oh yeah it's summer motherfuckers. july is for real fucking fire, good as hell month that begs you to go outside and enjoy sunshine while also ushering you back inside to recover from its overly tight and sweaty embrace. it is a dope month and summer is when I truly feel most alive

1. June
june is so the best month. bomb ass weather, it's solstice month, the delight and anticipation of summer mounting and the days lengthening. being outside is always incredible, arguably better than july, and it carries a sense of childhood nostalgia for summer break. its end marks the halfway point of the year, so it is fittingly the highlight

this has been raccoon's top 12 months ranking, be sure to like and subscribe

2. July
oh yeah it's summer motherfuckers. july is for real fucking fire, good as hell month that begs you to go outside and enjoy sunshine while also ushering you back inside to recover from its overly tight and sweaty embrace. it is a dope month and summer is when I truly feel most alive

1. June
june is so the best month. bomb ass weather, it's solstice month, the delight and anticipation of summer mounting and the days lengthening. being outside is always incredible, arguably better than july, and it carries a sense of childhood nostalgia for summer break. its end marks the halfway point of the year, so it is fittingly the highlight
Usually 100% for rehabilitative justice but I might reconsider my position here...

User banned (permanent):
Enjoying summer is unacceptable. For your gross and tasteless endorsement of summer, as well as boy's club rhetoric in the phrase "sun's out buns out," you have been permanently banned.

October has Halloween, leaves changing colour, and pumpkin spice, so I'm afraid it clears.

doing it from bottom to top like a watchmojo video

context: I live in the northern hemisphere in a region with a temperate seasonal climate

12. February
god I hate february. the annual novelty of winter has by now faded, and indeed the weather usually sucks anyway. additionally, I have never been what you would call a romantic gamer so I hate valentine's day. worse than either is the crushing reality of resolution fatigue as the realities of life and habit hold back your dreams. the only cool thing about it is leap day and that's once ever four years. shit month

11. October
eat shit and die october. I hate spooky crap, hate halloween, hate all the candy, fuck you. every year I see candy corn and think maybe I'll like it again like I did as a kid and fuck that I don't. weather is usually alright, I like autumn, but september and november are both better. also it's called octo-ber despite being the tenth month because of julius and augustus, a problem that pervades the back half of the year. terrible

10. December
I spend most of the month dreading christmas, only enjoying the not quite a week of anticipation for a new year. christmas sucks and december sucks, but when there's snow I quite like that. overall pretty bad month

9. August
with the stinkers out of the way now things will get a bit more interesting. august really is fine. spoilers but I like summer and I like heat, but august is generally a little too stinky where I live. plus I am imbued with childhood (and college) memories of summer break ending and going back to school. mid month

8. November
autumn is a beautiful season, and early november is its peak some seasons. without the scourge of halloween one can truly appreciate the clear air and beauty of fall, as well as its pleasant weather. thanksgiving kinda stinks but I like it better than most holidays. overall I like november pretty well

7. September
now this is getting legitimately hard because september is a bomb ass month. everything nice I said about november applies here, especially in years when autumn comes early. as a kid I was always by now adjusted to and enjoying the routine of school, and it always felt like the most standard month. great month, great weather, but not even top half

6. April
I'm gonna be real with you all, spring is awesome but I can't for the life of me tell april and may apart. I think april is great, and it being roughly the middle of spring is appealing, but I prefer march and may

5. May
may has slightly better weather than april most years and also benefits from the anticipation of summer. with exams far behind me they no longer weigh on my mind, instead only evoking fond memories of younger days. good ass month

4. January
surprise fuckers winter's back. despite how this list is trending I really do enjoy the cold, and where I live january is the best time to find it. it's also a month of new beginnings, full of hope and opportunity. it is a beautiful and exciting time that I genuinely find spiritually fulfilling. this is the start of the top tier months

3. March
march is fucking fire. the only thing better than anyicipation of summer is the anticipation of spring. watching green return in real time as the weather warms is rejuvenating. also I was born about halfway through so that's always kinda fun. I kind of hate celebrating my birthday but it provides a january-esque moment of reflection. so yeah march slaps

2. July

1. June

this has been raccoon's top 12 months ranking, be sure to like and subscribe
liked and subscribed, thanks as always for direct raccoon insight

I laughed so hard when I saw this thread title. You made my day

I am torn between May and December. I like May because everything starts to be so lively and it is still not too hot (where I live), but I hate it for my allergies fully kicking in by then. December is great because I like Snow, Christmas Time (to some degree) and having Birthday around then. But it also is just stressful.

Don‘t judge me, but the rest of the months are mostly boring.

December is great because I like Snow, Christmas Time (to some degree) and having Birthday around then. But it also is just stressful.
dog december is for real stressful, so true

I don't hate the aesthetic of christmas as much as I do halloween and valentine's day but christmas is fucking hard and oppressive. it is everything. leave me alone holidays I just want to live

It's a tie between june and december for me.

January: start of a new year but shit's still the same, ugh
February: shit weather
March: always felt like a turning point to me, weather is still mostly shit but less than before
April: it's slowly getting better
May: nothing month, but it's not bad
June: i tend to feel refreshed, good weather
July: nothing month 2.0, but it's chill
August: historically very depressing month for me, hated it more when i didn't have AC
September: DREAD
October: the dread is gone, but i dunno
November: christmas is soon i guess
December: good vibes

October is the new September thanks to global warming so it gets my vote.
Omg global warming makes my favorite months shift hard

First of all, northern hemisphere here, and a pretty hot climate. So my hot months are May-October, and June-August especially are so hot I have a hard time breathing outside. Nice cool autumn weather doesn't really start here until November. Global warming! I actually generally like February because for a while that was our chilly rainy time but now for the past few years we've been getting a ton of rain, flooding amounts of rain, across all the winter months so now February isn't set so distinctly apart. Because global warming!

So uh, probably November. If I'm being honest.

I know this started as a response to Dardan but it shifted into sincerely answering the thread sorry 😅

direct raccoon
but what about Raccoon Direct?

April > other Spring/Autumn months > Summer > Winter

Summer is too hot, Winter is too cold. I'm fussy.

April has my birthday so it autowins

June, because it's hotter than May, the days are nice and long and you've got another great summer month in July to look forward to, with the possibility of another decent one in August. Plus it's far away enough from the impending terrible months that they're not lurking in the back of your mind slightly taking the fun out of everything.

June - Almost peak summer. Long days, good weather with hotter temps in July to look forward to.
May - Weather has picked up a lot now, all of summer to look forward to.
July - Peak summer weather. Goes downhill from here though so that's a bummer.
April - Clocks have gone forward, days are longer, excitement of summer.
August - Not as good these days, but still some nice hot and sunny days to be had. Impending doom of Autumn lurking.
March - Slightly longer days. Hope. Good times are coming.
September - Slight remnants of summer remain, realisation of what's come come starts to kick in.
February - Not quite as cold as January, so that's good?
December - Christmas lights and decorations are the lipstick on the pig of a miserable month.
January - I'm cold and bored.
October - God it's shit and there's so many more months of shit to go.
November - Nope. Absolutely nothing good about it.

9AsMcSF.png

(There are things about Winter I adore but it's so short and there's always other shitty things I gotta do in those months :<)

Glad to see October pulling ahead, as it should. Great weather in the north and great holiday around the globe. Fall based video game events start. Leaves turn.

And fuck December.

FzU8bgnWIAUSgdN.jpg:large

I think November is the best month. Fall is at its peak so there's color everywhere. The bolstering summer heat is gone, but the freezing winter has not yet taken over. The skies are still blue, not this dull dreary gray that winter will bring. It's just... tranquil, for lack of a better term. It's comfortable.

Third place goes to September, most comfortable temperatures.

Second place, October. Birfday month, cozyness, leaves change colours and everyone invades New England like they deserve 🧡

FIRST PLACE JULY (airhorn airhorn airhorn) LET'S GO CRUISING CONVERTIBLE LIFESTYLE BEACH PARTY BONFIRE COTTAGE LYFE RAGTOP DAY LIONEL RICHIE AND JIMMY BUFFETT ALL NIGHT LONG ENERGY

I'm also gonna take the time to rank the months! Best to worst. So much of my rationale is tied to my occupation, so keep that in mind:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I feel like the exact order here can change pretty easily. I think each month has good aspects, and I enjoy living in a place that has distinct seasons. But for now, I'm safe to call May my favorite.

Uh oh September Squad, the Octoberites are overtaking our golden month!

This is actually pretty easy for me since my favorite season is fall, I love cold weather, and I hate hot weather:

Ranked from worst to best (I only really dislike #12 and 11):

12) July - July is the worst month of the year and it's not even close. It's hot, long, and boring, and worse yet it's still in the early part of summer so there's so much left still to come. And the days stay way too long during it
11) August - It's still too hot and kind of a boring time of year, but at least there's the slim hope that fall is coming around the corner
10) June - It's the start of summer so it can't be very good, but at least it's usually a bit cooler and wetter and we get some good gaming news most years
9) May - May is usually still pretty nice and I like spring vibes, but it's getting too close to summer for my taste to rank higher
8) April - April is pretty good, it's warming up but is usually still quite cool and it's actually kind of nice to get some warmer days here and there after a long winter. It's still a nice novelty at this point.
7) March - March is kind of the perfect "middle of the road" month for me. The weather is good, but there's not a whole lot else I can say about it.
6) February - I like February quite a bit actually! It's nice and cold and snowy, good cozy month. It's too far toward the end of fall/winter to rank higher, though.
5) January - Nice cold, snowy month. I love me some good dead of winter and this fits it perfectly, although it's usually a bit on the boring side.
4) September - I love September for being the start of fall and the start of football, even if the month itself is still too hot and summer-y. It gets a lot of points from me more for what it represents than how good it is itself.
3) December - December is great! It's the start of winter, Christmas and the holidays are nice, and there's a lot going on out of the norm.
2) November - November is very close to my favorite month since it's nice and chilly and has both my birthday and Thanksgiving (fav holiday), plus we usually get a lot of great games in November.
1) October - October is the overall best. It's not quite as cold as I'd like but it's still often chilly, I love Halloween and spooky vibes, I love fall colors and changing leaves, and if it's October you know that there are tons of good months all coming right in a row. Just the best time of year.

NYC take, ranked from best-to-worst:

#1. october - as @Dardan Sandiego said, october is the new september thanks to climate change. plus, halloween brings such fun vibes to the city.
2. november - fall leaves and cozy vibes are peaking and the less stressful but still fun holiday of thanksgiving. plus, sales.
3. may - weather is usually gorgeous, flowers are blooming, and the birds are singing. picnic season!
4. december - elite month due to christmas cheer, but not as fun now that i’m a full ass adult… start of snow possibilities.
5. april - same as may, but a little less so.
6. september - day drinking is at full peak due to college football starting (even though i couldn’t care less about football, it’s still a fun excuse) and the weather is finally cooling down, though not fast enough.
7. june - the only summer month i can reasonably bear. pride in nyc is of course very fun, but by the end of it, i am wiped. weather is warm enough to go to the beach but not hellfire levels yet.
8. january - boring for the most part, but sometimes appreciate it for that. highest likelihood of snow, which i love.
9. march - just kinda whatever. though i always seem to finally get around to skiing this month, so that's fun.
10. august - horrid weather. heat and humidity are almost at max levels in nyc, but it’s my birth month so it can’t be dead last.
11. february - boring and short and irrelevant, usually.
12. july - just a wretched month. PEAK humidity and heat, feels never ending. the worst month and probably the only month i fully, actively dislike.

maybe you can tell my least fave season is summer…

Last edited:
1. October - No contest, really. Peak of football season, weather is nice and cool as the days get shorter, and Halloween. What's not to love?
2. May - It's peak springtime when it really starts to get warm but not too hot, with leaves and flowers blooming everywhere. The first real taste of summer with Memorial Day.
3. November - The last full burst of fall before we get to winter with the real start of holiday festivities with Thanksgiving.
4. June - The real start of summer feels nice at first after the months of cold. There's just a general excited feeling around as schools are let out and the most gatherings occur.
5. December - I can get into Christmas when I lean away from the commercial aspect of it and enjoy hanging out and eating the food and watching the specials/movies. It's also my birthday month, so there's that.
6. September - It feels a lot more like full summer these days (thanks climate change), but the start of the football season and first signs of fall festivities and food is nice.
7. April - It feels like the building to summer begins with the days getting noticeably longer and it starting to really warm up, but it can be disrupted by uncalled for cold and some snow.
8. March - The first signs of spring are nice, but it can also dip its toe back into winter. Kinda a fickle month.
9. July - The full heat starts to kick in and it can quickly start to wear on a lot of people. Maybe the longest feeling stretch of the year along with...
10. August - The days are slowly getting shorter but it's still annoyingly hot most days.
11. January - New Year's excitement aside, it's when we get the most snow which makes roads wet and muddy on top of the cold.
12. February - Everything is cold and the Super Bowl usually ends in misery.

October's when all those funny Halloween creatures come out! Ghosts, Draculas, Frankensteins, Skeletons, Mummys, Bats... all those silly monsters are free to roam the streets as they please, and I love it! Not to mention the candy! Nothing beats tasty candy and horror movies with your sweetheart on a dark October night!

1. January is by far the best month in the year over here. Constant rainfall (and thus generally cloudy days), very rare hot days, the coldest days of the year and winter break. It's perfect.

2. February is similar to January, but it receives less precipitation overall.

3. March is great, too, though the springy days start showing.

4. April and May are okay.

5. June, July, August and September are the Big Bad Four©, they're hot garbage. 25-40°C daily mean temperatures, no rain, huge electricity bills, water shortages, sleepless nights... Need I say more. However, my birthday is in September, that's what salvages that month a little bit compared to the others.

6. October and November are bad, but not as bad as the Big Bad Four. They're too windy and bring over very dry weathers, which result in a huge spike in static electricity, nosebleeds and illness. They're not as hot, though.

7. December is more or less like March. Plus, it's full blown holiday time, so that means time with the family, free turkey and more food. Also, a part of the winter break.

Northern hemisphere here, I think I will go with June as the best month. The days are long,the temperature is great, sometimes maybe too hot. The worst being probably January. Fuck January.

In Australia April is mid Autmn (best weather) and has Easter public holidays. Can't beat that. Christmas is alright, but summer is butt.

December’s the best by far cause Christmas, also it’s cold as fuck. Like, 40º cold between Dec and Jan. Which I love.
November’s boring but oh well it’s my birth month
September 😘 everything changes colors it’s so beautiful
June Is Okay considering I hate summer
It sucks from January to May, like its so boring, the only thing going on was new year’s
Also haven’t cared for Halloween since I was 12 so October’s at the bottom too

I’ll give this a shot. I live in Southern California so there’s kind of only two seasons really lol.

12 March - has the beginning of Daylight Savings Time where you lose an hour of sleep for no reason. Screw March.

11 May - is kind of a boring month. I guess you get one holiday at the end, but all you really feel is we still have a ways to go to Summer.

10 January - basically just May, but four months earlier. Maybe you’ll get some rain at least? That’s cool I guess…

9 October - this isn’t necessarily a bad month as it’s usually the big month for video games, but the sun starts to set early and it’s typically too cold for the beach and pool. Also Halloween does nothing for me since I don’t care for candy or scary stuff.

8 April - I wouldn’t call April a good month, but you know what, it’s ok. It doesn’t overstay its welcome and the weather is either mild or a little wet. Maybe you’ll hang out with friends this month. April is good for that.

7 February - February is good because you get two holiday weekends. It’s also a touch chaotic with leap year and is mercifully brief without. This is a good month.

6 June - It’s almost Summer, but usually not quite. I generally associate this month with big video game announcements so that’s always fun which is enough to land in the upper half of months.

5 November - November is odd in that the holidays are here, but it’s not the one I enjoy the most. At least it’s usually big video game month.

4 August - Still a great month for Summer, but you know you are in the back half which stinks.

3 July - The heart of the Summer and the most useful of all months. Definitely time for adventures and pool and beach trips. Usually a smidge less hot than August too.

2 December - Heck yeah Christmas! Good time to hang out with friends and family and the chance for rain shoots up which I love. Loses points for getting dark too early.

1 September - It’s my birthday month so I always look forward to it. Still is Summertime basically so you can still enjoy the pool and beach potentially. Also it’s always the kick off of the Fall Gaming Rush which is always exciting even if it it typically doesn’t have the best games in a given year.

Now I know where the moths topic came from. 😂

Brazilian here, so to the folks above the Equator, please forgive our inverted seasons.

1- February - It's too hot, but it's carnival time, baby.
2- March - It can also be carnival time sometimes. Plus, it's the beginning of fall, when temperatures get much more pleasant.
3- April - It's fall, so the weather is awesome, and it has a bunch of holidays around these parts. What's not to love?
4- May - It has the best weather and a good number of holidays. It doesn't touch April in that second category, though.
5- September - It's the month when I usually enjoy my longest vacation period of the year and travel.
6- July - I like winter.
7- June - I like winter, but July is my birthday so I'm using that as a tiebreaker.
8- October - Weather is warming up, but it's not too unbearable yet, so doing outdoor stuff is still possible and pleasant.
9- November - Same as above, but now the heat is getting a bit too crazy for me.
10- August - Winter is nice, but this month has no holidays. What the hell, August, get your shit together.
11- January - It's hot and everyone is on vacation, so the nice spots in the city are all too crowded.
12- December - I'm not big on Christmas and New Year's Eve. Plus, it's too damn hot.

F TIER
12.) January: Month after Christmas/New Years excitement, no holidays, back to work after break, little news comes this month, very few movies or games tend to release this month either. All and all terrible month
D TIER
11.) May: Always felt like a filler month. Mainly known as the month of studying for finals to me, and this isn’t helped by no major holidays coming this month
C TIER
10.) April: Spring is always great and all, but this felt like a very meh month. Not much to say here, only advantage is the cherry blossom tree’s which (I think?) grow this month, but even then they last a very short time
9.) March: Similar to the previous months, always felt like a nothing month in the grand scheme of things. Whenever I think of my experiences in the previous year March usually doesn’t come to mind. March is admittedly filled with far more with movies/shows then other months so it ranks higher then January, May, and April, which have nothing
B TIER
8.) July: This one is tough because I love summer and eating burger during the Fourth of July, but this month doesn’t do much that June doesn’t. The only major difference is that June has far more gaming announcements
7.) October: Like every other month in the lower half, this month suffers from not being he first of its season. Unlike the months that are the first of their respective season, the ones that aren’t just end up feeling less exciting or new, even when they have an awesome holiday and plenty of games/movies like October
6.) November: Barely misses A tier, being an incredible month when the days get shorter, the air gets colder, and the whole family comes together in feasting and thankfulness. Doesn’t make it higher only because of the quality of subsequent months, such as…
A TIER
5.) August: My birthday month, and the apex of the summer. This is also a common month for me to travel, so instant points for that too
4.) September: The month of returns. Nintendo directs return, school returns, and cold weather returns. Luckily for September, I like those things, so September is always a source of excitement for me
3.) February: Warm weather comes back, and news/interesting events always come up this month. It’s also kinda hard to not be seen as a good month when your following up January
S TIER
2.) December: My favorite holiday Christmas happens this month. As much as people complain about how it’s being shoved in our faces, I love the campy music and movies. I love the decorations, I love the jing tinglers tied onto our heels, I love the relaxing, cozy, and warm fuzzy feels. I love the New Year’s Eve celebrations and all the festive cooking. December is one of the most action packed and fun months by far, but even through all of this, one month surpasses the quality of December
1.) June: Beginning of summer break, end to an arduous school year, days get longer and hotter, vacations ramp up again, news on entertainment goes crazy, literally the perfect month right here

Back
Top Bottom